New PC build I'm getting, so excited!

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
I for one am immensely enjoying this passive aggressive conversation :D

You should honestly take the advice of people here and not get a second card for SLI
You seriously are just wasting 680 dollars.
And if you want to ignorantly disregard that advice and buy it, it's your financial burden.

@2stronk did point out that one beefier card is better than two cards cause most games don't event support SLI
If the game has poor SLI support, which I have considered, I can easily go into my Nvidia Control Panel and turn off SLI mode. My point in getting two cards isn't to "Future Proof" but that is a plus. In the future, when these cards are beginning to not give the same graphics support that they did when I bought them, I can use the SLI for extra coverage.

And while many games are not as optimized for SLI, that is changing with so many people starting to crossfire and SLI. Such as Arma III, my close friend has a 4 way SLI with the GTX 980ti and Arma runs perfect full settings and then some. Along with many other games that he plays.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
buying for sli isn't necessarily a bad thing at all because it helps in the long run. And i don't know why people are spitting bullshit about only 50% of games supporting SLI, as i've yet to come across a game that hasn't supported SLI in some manner or another. Your card isn't just fucking sitting there doing nothing.

i bought SLI to secure the future of games so i wouldn't have to upgrade my pc. I bought my PC nearly 6 years ago and it STILL plays shit on high-ultra, which im fucking proud of. Running 2x670 TI's on a 3770k I7. Bf1 run at fucking max except for AA, and the first game that gave me real issues was ME:A.

Reactions: List

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
buying for sli isn't necessarily a bad thing at all because it helps in the long run. And i don't know why people are spitting bullshit about only 50% of games supporting SLI, as i've yet to come across a game that hasn't supported SLI in some manner or another. Your card isn't just fucking sitting there doing nothing.

i bought SLI to secure the future of games so i wouldn't have to upgrade my pc. I bought my PC nearly 6 years ago and it STILL plays shit on high-ultra, which im fucking proud of. Running 2x670 TI's on a 3770k I7. Bf1 run at fucking max except for AA, and the first game that gave me real issues was ME:A.
Thank's, finally someones on my side XD.