New PC build I'm getting, so excited!

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($292.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: StarTech Metal Oxide 1.5g Thermal Paste ($3.55 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($140.24 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *PNY CS1111 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($684.79 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($684.79 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: DIYPC Gamemax-W ATX Full Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus USB-AC56 USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: be quiet! SHADOW WINGS 54.4 CFM 92mm Fan ($47.29 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Other: CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip RGB Kit - 30cm / 15 LEDs ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2419.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-25 21:59 EDT-0400

I'm almost finished saving up, it's taken me two years to save up for this build. It started with an i7 and a 970. Now it's here. I'm certain this is the finished product.

Last edited:

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($292.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: StarTech Metal Oxide 1.5g Thermal Paste ($3.55 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($140.24 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *PNY CS1111 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.95 @ Amazon)
Case: DIYPC Gamemax-W ATX Full Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus USB-AC56 USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: be quiet! SHADOW WINGS 54.4 CFM 92mm Fan ($47.29 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Other: CableMod WideBeam Magnetic LED Strip RGB Kit - 30cm / 15 LEDs ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2419.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-25 21:59 EDT-0400

I'm almost finished saving up, it's taken me two years to save up for this build. It started with an i7 and a 970. Now it's here. I'm certain this is the finished product.
Jesus Christ, $2400 for a pc lol and dual 1080 ti's.
I want to see gmod benchmarks rofl
also, do what Mendel said, the i7 7700 is only like $2 more on pcpartspicker

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you only need a single 1080 ti really

anything additional is overkill and isn't worth it right now as there is literally nothing that requires for you to have two cards

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae

anything additional is overkill and isn't worth it right now as there is literally nothing that requires for you to have two cards
"muh futureproofing"

Voilá

ˣ
Nebulae
Holy shit fam, it'll make you able to run 9 games at the same time, maybe get Intel i5 and get a low-priced nvidia card

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
Holy shit fam, it'll make you able to run 9 games at the same time, maybe get Intel i5 and get a low-priced nvidia card
I'm not getting an i5, I do 3D modeling and rendering. I also video edit on a normal basis. If I was soley using it for gaming I would be overkilling with the i7.

waste of money
That's your opinion. My job requires me to be able to video edit, program, and model. I can do that now, but with this computer I could do it much more efficiently, to me and how often I will use it, and how much it will help me, this is not a waste of money. Appreciate it though?

get a kaby lake i7 7700(k?) if ur gonna get a z270 motherboard, should be same price anyway
Thank you actually, I hadn't been checking up on newer models of the i7, I would have missed out on this. I'm glad someone said something. You the man.

The 2nd graphics card will come after the entire base PC has already been built, I just plan on putting the second one in, also, I mod every game I have that I can heavily I have exactly 782 mods loaded onto skyrim, I get 15-20 fps and have had to put my graphics on low. I hate having it on low, but I love all the mods I have and believe it or not, they all get used in game every once and a while. Not to mention, you don't know how long it took me to get that hefty collection to work compatibly. That't not all I have thats decked out with mods either, surprisingly I actually don't have many mods on G-mod because I literally only play HL2rp and Star Wars RP and a minigame every now and then. But long story short, I want to be able to run all my games Ultra with at least 60 fps. If possible 100+ (After 100+ I stop seeing any huge difference in smoothness, don't get triggered PCMR people, it's just me not you.) Also if anyone's wondering, I have a 5 terrabyte internal HDD and (I think its 240) Gigabyte SSD for my OS and a few games that I like to be able to have fast boot ups.

In short, while for some people this is a "waste of money" or "overkill" I am an avid gamer and PC enthusiast and to me this is perfect and have been saving up little bits of money for the past 2 years of working my ass off. Thanks for all ya feedback though niggaronis.

Peace

Reactions: List

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
Wouldn't a ton of mods be more intensive on the CPU than the GPUs? I really don't think you need two graphic cards unless your running ultra-highest graphics at 4k or something.

Even then, I would not get a second 1080 ti... Save yourself the money and just don't get it. I think @Evil can back me up on the fact that a second 1080 ti really won't show any noticeable improvement that would be worth 680 dollars. But if you're dead set on it, go for it. Maybe look up reviews to see if it's really worth it.

Also for thermal compound, you should try some arctic silver.

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'm not getting an i5, I do 3D modeling and rendering. I also video edit on a normal basis.
My job requires me to be able to video edit, program, and model. I can do that now, but with this computer I could do it much more efficiently,
If you HAVE to run dual 1080 Ti's, you're using the wrong CPU for these tasks. Rule of thumb is to have one that is half the cost of your GPUs to not let it bottleneck them.

Get an extreme edition intel, not an i7.

c75785c5c04ba04b224a7209b48dbcf6.png

If you don't have the money for it, you're doing your build wrong, cut that extra GPU in this case.

Most of the workloads you encounter will not be handled on the GPU side from my experience and a lot of the programs rely heavily on the CPU side of things.

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
If you HAVE to run dual 1080 Ti's, you're using the wrong CPU for these tasks. Rule of thumb is to have one that is half the cost of your GPUs to not let it bottleneck them.

Get an extreme edition intel, not an i7.

c75785c5c04ba04b224a7209b48dbcf6.png

If you don't have the money for it, you're doing your build wrong, cut that extra GPU in this case.

Most of the workloads you encounter will not be handled on the GPU side from my experience and a lot of the programs rely heavily on the CPU side of things.

I appreciate the help, I wish more people were mature about there criticism and feedback, the world would be a less annoying place. So thank you for being one of the mature ones. And I don't have to run dual 1080 TIs, partly so my PC is the most beast computer ever. And secondly so I have bragging rights. ;3 And I don't an extreme addition because one, they are like $100+ more expensive then an i7 7700k, and two, because I game a lot, and processors with more then four cores aren't very good for gaming. An i7 will do me fine for the things I want it for.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
I appreciate the help, I wish more people were mature about there criticism and feedback, the world would be a less annoying place. So thank you for being one of the mature ones. And I don't have to run dual 1080 TIs, partly so my PC is the most beast computer ever. And secondly so I have bragging rights. ;3 And I don't an extreme addition because one, they are like $100+ more expensive then an i7 7700k, and two, because I game a lot, and processors with more then four cores aren't very good for gaming. An i7 will do me fine for the things I want it for.
more games are starting to use more cores tho ;^)

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
Wouldn't a ton of mods be more intensive on the CPU than the GPUs? I really don't think you need two graphic cards unless your running ultra-highest graphics at 4k or something.

Even then, I would not get a second 1080 ti... Save yourself the money and just don't get it. I think @Evil can back me up on the fact that a second 1080 ti really won't show any noticeable improvement that would be worth 680 dollars. But if you're dead set on it, go for it. Maybe look up reviews to see if it's really worth it.

Also for thermal compound, you should try some arctic silver.

Thanks for the thermal compound note, and mature response. I'll check out the Arctic Silver right now, and yes I do want to run my games at the highest settings possible. And then some, and while some mods don't really attack the GPU too much, the 100 mods I have on Skyrim that enhance the graphics and shaders do effect the graphics. Gaming graphics are developing at a shocking rate, getting a build of the same power for its time 8 years ago would have been pointless due to the graphics in games not changing at as rapid of a rate, but now, with better graphics doubling all the time. I'm expecting a load of new graphics capabilities in the next 3 years, with nvidia and a few other producers researching 8k graphics. I'm getting prepared for it. And I'm not "future proofing" my PC, its just what I want, I never want to see a FPS drop for a long long time.
[doublepost=1493239858][/doublepost]
more games are starting to use more cores tho ;^)
Yes, I realize that, and that may effect my decision in the future, but for now, my position remains the same.

carabiniere

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you said you need all of this because your "job" requires rendering, modeling etc but all I see is you want to run games on max settings

everyone is telling you whats wrong with your build but you stick to your own ideas, whats the point of the thread?

Cavity

Proton
Nebulae
Why the hell would you spend over 2k on a computer, jesus I wish I had that kinda money to waste..

HL2RP Tryhurdo

Neutrino
Nebulae
you said you need all of this because your "job" requires rendering, modeling etc but all I see is you want to run games on max settings

everyone is telling you whats wrong with your build but you stick to your own ideas, whats the point of the thread?

The original point of the thread was to announce my excitement for my upcoming PC build, not for feedback on the build. But I actually did accept a couple recommendations, I changed my processor to a 7700k due to someone commenting on it only being 30 more expensive. And I decided to get Arctic Silver.

And I didn't bore you with all my reasoning behind 3D modeling, editing, and music software. Because the general population of this forums are gamers.
[doublepost=1493311132][/doublepost]
The original point of the thread was to announce my excitement for my upcoming PC build, not for feedback on the build. But I actually did accept a couple recommendations, I changed my processor to a 7700k due to someone commenting on it only being 30 more expensive. And I decided to get Arctic Silver. Not

And I didn't bore you with all my reasoning behind 3D modeling, editing, and music software. Because the general population of this forums are gamers.

And to brag :wink:

But in all seriousness, the title reads

"New PC build I'm getting, so excited!"
Not
"New PC build I'm getting, feedback on assembly?"

carabiniere

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
sorry for being an ass but then who cares

i dont make threads everytime im excited because i fucked or i bought an expensive piece of clothing or stuff like that