Head Staff
Nebulae
does this mean we're actually gonna get an update for steam mobile

2sEXcKm.gif
Prick

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
my favourite part is that steam group chats are not completely useless now.
Might actually start visiting them again since they are just basically discord anyway.

Reactions: List

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
is anyone else having the issue that you can't open a chat window with someone after closing a game

it literally just auto closes and it's driving me hella crazy

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is anyone else having the issue that you can't open a chat window with someone after closing a game

yea i opted out immediately after i tried to use a chat

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

Got to reboot steam.
Update hitting today though to fix it based on the steam group announcements.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
main issues i got are how fucking huge the chat tabs at the top are, i wanna get rid of showing avatars, and make the box smaller

i also want to actually have categories fucking function, they are so helpful for me when i need to sort through people quickly, this little 'drag and drop friends here' shite doesnt work when u've got like 300+, and u cant even sort em anymore

stickin with the old for now x

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
yeah I opted out of the beta for the first time in like 4 years

will wait for the bugs to be fixed and for them to officially roll out the redesign

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
some cool tech updates like invisible but honestly I hate the new look of the gui

also not really feeling like getting massive fuckoff videos spammed in my chat whenever I post a youtube link or someone else does - not so much in desktop but moreso when I'm in a game and actually want to read what people send me

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
friend is doing a mockup of a better design, honestly wish it looked like this
ApplicationFrameHost_2018-06-14_01-22-19.png

Basically the same design but more wasted space for no reason

zoo

Electron
Nebulae
The new features sound great (automatic embedding, improved group chat functionality, voice chat, etc). I've opted in, I'm sure that they'll find a way to fix up the "chunkiness"

edit: opted out i don't like how they use nicknames to override display names

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
The new features sound great (automatic embedding, improved group chat functionality, voice chat, etc). I've opted in, I'm sure that they'll find a way to fix up the "chunkiness"

Well Discord is pretty chunky itself, you can't collapse or resize the left sidebar, at least with Steam going in that direction you can seperate your chats from the friends list or merge them. Pretty sure there will be more options to compact the UI more as it was before without avatars in the tabs.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
you can change that in the settings
the chat settings, which are independent from the main settings tab
for whatever fucking reason

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
i like its new discord kind of style, means i dont have to discord to use voice chat and just keep it to steams overlay plus i appreciate its more streamlined looks to fit the windows 10 minimalist sort of aesthetic more and more programs are going for
i have encountered several bugs such as nicknames, categories and a few other options failing to work after using them a few times but outside of that, especially considering its a beta, its working well and i appreciate it quite a bit to the older interface