New Steam UI Beta

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i like its new discord kind of style, means i dont have to discord to use voice chat and just keep it to steams overlay plus i appreciate its more streamlined looks to fit the windows 10 minimalist sort of aesthetic more and more programs are going for
i have encountered several bugs such as nicknames, categories and a few other options failing to work after using them a few times but outside of that, especially considering its a beta, its working well and i appreciate it quite a bit to the older interface

I would much prefer to use Steam’s ‘Discord’ stuff than Discord, shame my mic doesn’t transmit at the moment due to a bug.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Basically
New features are cool with chat n friends list n shit
Aesthetics suck

Give me Metro for this new UI for the nice smoothness and I’ll be happy

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I feel its awfully clunky

it might just be old habits, but I keep finding that the chat tab vanishes without a trace in the tabs section of steam, and I can only find it by either starting a new chat or going straight to desktop

in addition its a pain trying the hoke around the UI to find 'friends' with the new friends and chat button, personal peeve out of muscle memory going to the upper right corner

but yeah I'd like metro for this

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 5162

Metro Steam is better and simple, Steam UI beta is just really complicating...