New Steam UI is out.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5162
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5162

And most of the Internet is disgusted by the look of it and want to revert back to the old UI. In my opinion, I don't like it, its too complicated and having an old UI back would be great, this update is just a huge nuke for every Steam skin, especially for Metro.

D i s c u s s

Reactions: List

Jimbo

Molecule
Nebulae
dont really care about it i can still talk with friends and its not detrimental to it in any way for me

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
Personally, I'm glad they're finally modernizing their chat.

However I am very disappointed that "modernizing" includes making it severely slower, buggy, overengineered and.. disgustingly designed.
They could've just added the week-long history, embedded videos, image attachments, /me /code and all that.. into the old chat and it would have been great. Instead they had to go way overboard and kill any form of minimalism, and try to compete directly with Discord.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
why the fuck does it keep lagging if im fucking SCROLLING

Doc1337

String
Nebulae
I don't like it either I would appreciate if they would rather team up with discord and integrate discord service into their platform.

I mainly dislike it because of the lost feature: Join game - Joins a server that your friend is playing on

I wish I could select not to update.

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
i can't open my friends tab what

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
I think it looks nice but I never get any messages so it's cool :D

D

Deleted member 1381

didnt like it at first and was determined i never would

10 hours later i love it

people are just up in arms because its a big change, give the internet a week or two and they'll like it more than the old ui

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Its good, functional. Like having many elements of discord in a chat I've been using for almost 13 years. Gotta get used to it, will miss the old one just like I missed the one before it.

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
it's okay but my only gripe is this
WFhwPDM.png

what the FUCK is this

D

Deleted member 1381

its nice to see my request to valve got accepted

you can now /me in steam chat for all your erotic roleplay needs

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
I don't like it either I would appreciate if they would rather team up with discord and integrate discord service into their platform.
I thought about this rather thoroughly and almost included it in my original post as well.

I think this is an interesting idea, but I think having a discord instance up any time I want to play a steam game is a bit overkill. Though Discord performs better than the new chat and kills resources less, so this would be preferable to the current situation. I think a real solution would be the ability to have a minimalistic chat or the new one, swapped by an option, or perhaps the ability to turn off chat completely if you're going to be using Discord or some other program anyways.

Perhaps I will make a BetterDiscordv2 plugin (once it is out) that processes steam message information and incorporates your steam friendlist into discord and handles it in an identical manner to regular discord messages, while injecting into the steam process to disable Steam's chat. Getting Discord to show up in the overlay is an interesting idea too..

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
it's perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with it other then 'IT'S NEW'. people will get accustomed to it, there's bugs and kinks but they'll get fixed.