New Steam UI is out.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5162
  • Start date

viomi

just another slut don't mind me
Nebulae
it's perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with it other then 'IT'S NEW'. people will get accustomed to it, there's bugs and kinks but they'll get fixed.
Performance issues are a concern for those with older hardware.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
e7927099497c985462a6de6db88ecf32.png

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
dude this update is trash

it's laggy as fuck on shitterton pc's and you can spend 2 seconds on e621 searching for anal score:>500 and send everything to anyone and they can't even do anything

also if you make a group and leave it when in voice chat the group can still hear your mic but you can't hear them

tbh i fucking love this update but being unable to revert to old, faster steam is a problem

happy this one came into beta and then became live in like a month though, valve's getting faster

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
tbh i fucking love this update but being unable to revert to old, faster steam is a problem

you can

SF4VWgT.png

just go to your steam properties and put -nofriendsui like in the photo

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
but then i don't get to see sweet sweet ass when my friends send me things

Osira

Neutrino
Nebulae
The only issue I have with this is that yes, it's a good step forward and I don't feel like I'm chatting in the AOL days again, but this was only released in beta last month. There needs to be more work done on it, invisible mode for crying out loud doesn't really even work half the time (people can still see you're in-game).

The busy feature being added back would also be wonderful. I just feel like they kind of rushed pushing it out when there's still some serious issues with it.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
its such a clone of discord that it feels like Steam got a developer of Discord to steal the source code

its unreal how they copied almost every feature of Discord down to a tee

Reactions: List

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
I love being forced to look at scat because people can embed images!

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Surprise, the internet hates change
Has been the same with every visual update for any social platform since forever

It really is quite a nice update, more customizable than the old steam chat, more functions. And in my opinion better looking too.

Reactions: List