New Steam UI is out.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5162
  • Start date

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It is horribly slow on low end PC's, constantly crashes, kills your ingame fps and constantly tabs you out when you get messages.

No, I like the looks but no.

I'm sure they'll get that fixed soon.
I'm referring to people who don't like its new design, and would rather use the old UI.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It’s so shit I blocked someone and I had to go to his profile page and then blocked them and they could still message me??? Wtf steam. I like the visual but it’s actually so laggy especially when you have so many friends on the list.

Reactions: List

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
I'm sure they'll get that fixed soon.

The current build has officially been called the "Stable" build. Which is exactly what angers me, they literally released a bug-ridden build full of problems as the "Yep, this is what you get" version

CookieDealer

Detailed descriptions? Fuck off.
Nebulae
The current build has officially been called the "Stable" build. Which is exactly what angers me, they literally released a bug-ridden build full of problems as the "Yep, this is what you get" version
Steam took a chapter out of EA, rushed a product. I'm expecting DLC soon that will iron out some bugs and new /commands

Samuel B.

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'll open a game and Shift-Tab, to have the "Friends" menu blocking the time. I could just move it, but no. I'm going to stare at it every damn day until it retreats into the bottom right corner of my screen.

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've found it to be fine. The UI is a bit oof, but i've managed. Everything looks more... modernised.

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae
My only issue is that Steam doesnt work in task bar or right clicking. It looks nice but performance wise compared to the previous one is shit imo

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Its a little clunky to get used to but I really like it. My only real complaint is some stuff is locked behind more menus than it was before.

And yeah it has some performance issues for sure.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
My only issue is that Steam doesnt work in task bar or right clicking. It looks nice but performance wise compared to the previous one is shit imo

do you mean when you click the steam taskbar shortcut, steam doesn't open? because i had that problem but managed to fix it

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae
do you mean when you click the steam taskbar shortcut, steam doesn't open? because i had that problem but managed to fix it

Everything. Right click then library/friends. Or right clicking it and selecting a game recently played.