NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIAL DAY 1 THREAD (PS4)

Are you Hyped?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Fucking Delays

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Problem is most people who were hyped for No Mans Sky thought it was some epic giant space battle simulator, its not, Murray even warned people about it.
Its an exploration, atmospheric survival game.
Don't get whiny like a little shit when the game is completely different to what you thought it would be.
If I expected Elite Dangerous, I would just play Elite Dangeous, friend. NMS is an overrated, overhyped thing. Go play Spore, it's about a sixth of the price and has more content than this shit.

Reactions: List

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Like I said man, NMS isn't a epic giant space battle simulator.
I don't see anything of substance here. You said that, and I said that isn't what I expected from it. If that's all you've got, then whatever, but NMS is a feature-stripped overpriced indie-marketed-as-triple-A game.

It isn't a game that has any longevity, because there's exactly one mechanic--explore. If done right, that one mechanic is enough, but isn't done right here because there is so little substance in the game that by your fifth, tenth, twentieth, hundredth poorly textured, randomely generated bland planet you will realize that you paid for a much shittier version of Space Engine, except with all of the flare of 'cool ships' and 'new species'.

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
game's shit. solid 20 fps with gtx 990

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
putting it to max fps does jack shit.

i'm sad and disappointed.

Have you restarted?
I get well above 100 FPS.

I don't even know.
Lots of people who haven't even played the game give it shit but I'm playing it right now. Same for @DanZ, @Spider, @Daraku and we're all enjoying it a lot.
Its a beautiful game and people fail to realize that this is an atmospheric exploration and survival game, ye they all anticipated an epic shooter.
[doublepost=1471028664][/doublepost]
I'm not saying the game itself is bad.

Just hype tends to inflate everyones expectations just like it was with Watch Dogs.

Its not so much hype but people creating the wrong expectations.
Sean Murray even said, people are expecting something that isn't what No Mans Sky is about.
He warned everybody, if you're here to shoot shit up and shit, this isn't the game for you.

My expectations have been met and I love the game.

Watch Dogs was just shit and not even worth comparing to No Man's Sky.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Watching the trailers and stuff it looked really fun and exciting, but now it's just a dissapointment.
Have you restarted?
I get well above 100 FPS.

I don't even know.
Lots of people who haven't even played the game give it shit but I'm playing it right now. Same for @DanZ, @Spider, @Daraku and we're all enjoying it a lot.
Its a beautiful game and people fail to realize that this is an atmospheric exploration and survival game, ye they all anticipated an epic shooter.
I'm not saying the game itself is bad.

Just hype tends to inflate everyones expectations just like it was with Watch Dogs.