NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIAL DAY 1 THREAD (PS4)

Are you Hyped?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Fucking Delays

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Its not so much hype but people creating the wrong expectations.
Sean Murray even said, people are expecting something that isn't what No Mans Sky is about.
He warned everybody, if you're here to shoot shit up and shit, this isn't the game for you.

My expectations have been met and I love the game.

Watch Dogs was just shit and not even worth comparing to No Man's Sky.
The games are different yeah, I'm comparing how the hype has affected the people buying the game.

The game itself is probably really good and I'll end up getting it myself at one point, but hype tends to do more harm for games then good honestly. I feel like some games would be received better without it

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
looks like an average indie game that failed to deliver, looks pretty bad to me to be honest

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
didn't they do this shit back in 1983 on the atari 2600, like this isnt anything new or revolutionary lol
i forget the game but i know it existed and you could go to different galaxies and shit

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Already named my first galaxy Thriving Ventures and two planets, Lemonpunch and Nebulous Cloud
[doublepost=1471029543][/doublepost]
didn't they do this shit back in 1983 on the atari 2600, like this isnt anything new or revolutionary lol
i forget the game but i know it existed and you could go to different galaxies and shit

18 Quintillion planets that are procedurly generated with some sort of uniqueness is pretty revolutionary.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Already named my first galaxy Thriving Ventures and two planets, Lemonpunch and Nebulous Cloud
[doublepost=1471029543][/doublepost]

18 Quintillion planets that are procedurly generated with some sort of uniqueness is pretty revolutionary.
literally just the same planet that's reskinned with a few things added/taken away
i dont understand what you see, because i dont

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
I was really hyped for this game for several years.
I saw cool graphics and giant dinosaurs.

and now I see what it is.
It's overhyped and we have been gun goofed and tricked. it's like ubisoft2

Spider

Proton
Nebulae
The game is beautiful.

Space exploration, planetary exploration, procedurally generated worlds, I'm having a blast. The game isn't perfect, textures and shadows don't look all that great but it's no surprise from an indie game.

The game is actually fun, when you can discover new planets, species, plants, and other kinds of shit. The colours are vibrant and gorgeous, flying the spacecraft is really fun, and you can also gather materials to upgrade your multitool and spacecraft by exploring or trading. There's also some RPG elements, I guess, nothing too special.

I love the game, if you like space, exploration, discovery, you'll like it.

But they need to fix graphics, FOV, some minor preformance issues, and add more things to the game (which is definetly going to come).

I'm running it fine though, high fps, maxed settings. It's worth the 60 dollars imho.

Ayrism

Electron
Nebulae
Have you restarted?
I get well above 100 FPS.

I don't even know.
Lots of people who haven't even played the game give it shit but I'm playing it right now. Same for @DanZ, @Spider, @Daraku and we're all enjoying it a lot.
Its a beautiful game and people fail to realize that this is an atmospheric exploration and survival game, ye they all anticipated an epic shooter.
[doublepost=1471028664][/doublepost]

Its not so much hype but people creating the wrong expectations.
Sean Murray even said, people are expecting something that isn't what No Mans Sky is about.
He warned everybody, if you're here to shoot shit up and shit, this isn't the game for you.

My expectations have been met and I love the game.

Watch Dogs was just shit and not even worth comparing to No Man's Sky.
'lol u didn't expect it right' is all you have, isn't it?

Planets are bland, random generations are shallow (no individual climate regions, no polar regional differences etc.) and ultimately it's the same thing with a different low-res texture that the game limits the fov to avoid chugging at 7fps because fuck optimization.

It's overhyped indie game that isn't feature-complete and has people buying on promises of more content, when it isn't worth even half its price at this point.

Gmyza

Neutrino
Nebulae
"Gameplay"
DfoE2Ba.png

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
no because i dont like the idea of it and it sounds repetitive and boring to me
idk if you like it thats fair enough, but i probably never will

There you go mate.
Its stupid to talk about a game out of your ass when you haven't even played it.
I've been to four planets and they are all different.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Its a trailer to a video game.
You're stupid to put in all your trust solely on a trailer.
Look at Ubisoft for example lmao.

My point is that they tricked people, if they would've showed gameplay footage from 2016 noone would've catched interest back in 2014. The game looks like shit.
They pulled a Ubisoft, and that's not ok.