Obsidian's New RPG: The Outer Worlds

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Also I got cucked cus I actually saved up Steam money I got from gifts to afford it.

Oh well, might actually use the damn launcher for once.

This and Solar Ash Kingdom are probably the only titles I'll play on it though once both release.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
so Epic has 2 games I wanna play atm

Phoenix Point and Outer Worlds.

They're really pushing to compete with steam hard

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
im just a lazy fuck who wants all my shit in one place, im interested enough where ill prob just buy it on windows store or whatever
A massive push for competition will (and has) lead to lower game prices which is great for us, it's been rising for ages. People seem to equate using a different store with having to buy a console for exclusive games for some reason.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
A massive push for competition will (and has) lead to lower game prices which is great for us, it's been rising for ages. People seem to equate using a different store with having to buy a console for exclusive games for some reason.
i dont really care but some people do, its just a personal laziness thing for me id like if it were on steam but it not being on steam isnt a deal breaker

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i dont really care but some people do, its just a personal laziness thing for me id like if it were on steam but it not being on steam isnt a deal breaker
Sure, yeah I get that. Having it all in one library is conveinient but it's not like Steam has been for the consumers either so I welcome the competition.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Consumer choice is always a better thing tbh

I'm someone who's also lazy and would just prefer everything being on steam too but if consumers are given more options then that's better in the long term I think

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Care to elabourate? Unless you're gonna whine about platform exclusivity which Steam has had for a decade.
Literally every other platform bar steam has awful UI, store problems or just generally fucking sucks. There's a reason people like steam and a reason why steam has had exclusivity for so long. Every other platform is just designed fucking awfully and functions like shit.

Uplay has trash profile management where you can only change your name once a month and changing your picture barely - if ever - works. The store always returns errors whenever I try to put money into it to actually fucking buy anything, simply telling me that the store isn't available at the moment - with no error code so I can try to fix it.

The Windows Store has a terrible UI with little to no indication of where shit actually is, profile management is also not very good and joining friends on games is also just irritatingly slow or it barely works, just like the invite system. I can at least say they can take my money.

Origin also has a fucking awful UI, it's completely fucking inconvenient at every avenue and it makes everything just feel like a chore to use which is just not good for a platform.

And can we even call Discord a platform for games yet?

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Hopefully none of those that are buying Halo for PC disagree with this because it'd make them massive hypocrites; Halo is going to be Windows Store and Steam and Outer Worlds will be Epic Store and Windows Store which is exactly what gamers have been whining to have for the past few months.
I think the difference is that 1. Phil Spencer did all of the work by wanting to go to steam, Valve didn't give a huge payout to Xbox for MCC to be on Steam. 2. Epic Games keeps on removing games from Steam and putting it onto their own Store, even though it's been on steam for multiple months.

D

Deleted member 118

this game is a hoax. it's not actually fallout in space like all the youtuber channels say..

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think the difference is that 1. Phil Spencer did all of the work by wanting to go to steam, Valve didn't give a huge payout to Xbox for MCC to be on Steam. 2. Epic Games keeps on removing games from Steam and putting it onto their own Store, even though it's been on steam for multiple months.
I can get the frustration for steam games being removed when they were said to be on that platform but if it's not on steam to begin with and they decide to publish it on epic, then that's ultimately their decision

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I can get the frustration for steam games being removed when they were said to be on that platform but if it's not on steam to begin with and they decide to publish it on epic, then that's ultimately their decision

this is all fortnite's fault

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Who does the work doesn't change the result for the consumer.

Other than Metro what games have been removed from Steam? Epic don't decide what the publisher or developer does, there's a deal signed so calling it as "Epic Games keeps on removing games" is a complete false statement.
[doublepost=1553110602][/doublepost]
this is all fortnite's fault
This is all thanks for Fortnite's success allowing a company to challenge a monopoly, thank fuck it finally happened.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
im just a lazy fuck who wants all my shit in one place, im interested enough where ill prob just buy it on windows store or whatever
this and messaging friends + shift tabbing for videos, work and searches
its just a whole lot less convenient.
I'll still buy it it's just annoying and unpractical for me.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Epic's just kinda lacking the features I've come to expect,
Personally I have the 'username test' where, the experience of changing my account's display name proves to be a good showcase of my future user experience.

In Epic's case, I have my issues
  • Can only change the name once every 2 weeks
  • Display names, despite not being an essential in logins, cannot be one somebody already picked.
Doesn't mean the storefront is going to be bad, just means I know it's going to be far more cumbersome and restricted than I've come to expect elsewhere.