Obsidian's New RPG: The Outer Worlds

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
epic store looks fairly shit and if the shit being said is true just gonna stick with windows store
If what is true? Windows literally sends everything you do back to Microsoft, the calculator app was even found to be potentially keylogging.

Reactions: List

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
If what is true? Windows literally sends everything you do back to Microsoft, the calculator app was even found to be potentially keylogging.
well way i got told is its super buggy, customer support is shit and some other thing about chinese censorship

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
well way i got told is its super buggy, customer support is shit and some other thing about chinese censorship
The launcher works fine, customer support is bad for practically every company and the chinese censorship thing is just what you have to do to push a game in china and doesn't affect you; Every game has to go through strict shit when they want to release in that region.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
A massive push for competition will (and has) lead to lower game prices which is great for us, it's been rising for ages.
Only acceptable post in support of Epic Games.
Based and redpilled.

It's new and they're trying to hit all markets. Can't really blame them. Well you can, but they don't have 'Steam Money'. These things take time to grow.

Let's remember how many years Steam has functioned without real competition.

In Fallout 3, I think the Nuking Megaton mission was either cut or censored in Japan and I think Australia.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
The launcher works fine, customer support is bad for practically every company and the chinese censorship thing is just what you have to do to push a game in china and doesn't affect you; Every game has to go through strict shit when they want to release in that region.
damn, guess Tiananmen Sim won't be coming any time soon

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Still going to buy this game immediately on release, my frustration on exclusive content is dwarfed by my desire to play more obsidian RPGs.
Same with Metro, will buy, but I will complain.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Right and you’re ignoring a key point because? You can’t blame Epic for a publisher choosing to take the deal.
There’s no other way to try and make up market share with Valve’s large monopoly; If they don’t do exclusives then Valve demand price parity for games on other platforms meaning you get 0 benefit from buying on Epic when your games are currently on Steam.

Please go to the MCC thread and complain about the games not being on Epic Store because you must hate that too if you’re against this game on Epic Store and Windows Store but not Steam since that’s the exact same thing but Steam get a free pass for no reason. Outdated platform that’s taken a fucking decade for a UI update.
But I can blame Epic for extending a deal to a publisher for a paid exclusive. Let's be realistic: it's not about bringing down the online store monopoly that is Steam to these fucks, it's literally just a case that they're going to be paid for putting their game on a shittier platform at the expense of us, the consumer. It's not something we should be endorsing or promoting because it only harms us.

Sure, it might cause competition between online stores which might bring about lower prices for us but in the meantime we're going to be forced to use platforms that are basically fucking "still in progress" when we could just use a finished platform that actually works extremely well, is intuitive and well designed. Ask yourself for a moment - if you'd please - WHY Steam has had a monopoly for so long. Origin, Uplay, Epic and the Windows Store have existed for years except no one ever wanted to use them because Steam has always been the superior platform for the consumers. It's why so many people are angry about the fact Epic are now paying publishers to fuck the consumers. Sure, some of it is out of laziness but some of us - like myself - hate it because almost every other platform is fucking trash in comparison and makes me want to flay myself instead of using them. The windows store is almost the only exception to it, as far as I'm concerned, though the Xbox App still fucking sucks.

Also "Outdated platform that's taken a fucking decade for a UI update", are you actually kidding me? I'm legitimately starting to not take you seriously. Steam is THE platform. An indie game being greenlit on Steam is almost guaranteed to do better than an indie game on their own website or patreon or kickstarter. Also, the UI might have taken ages to get an update but it's always been more intuitive than that of literally any other platform.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
nobody cares if its epic games or steam

to be honest im not looking forward to it as it just looks like borderlands

PandaCG

Hates Combine for Kill Family
Nebulae
But I can blame Epic for extending a deal to a publisher for a paid exclusive. Let's be realistic: it's not about bringing down the online store monopoly that is Steam to these fucks, it's literally just a case that they're going to be paid for putting their game on a shittier platform at the expense of us, the consumer. It's not something we should be endorsing or promoting because it only harms us.

Sure, it might cause competition between online stores which might bring about lower prices for us but in the meantime we're going to be forced to use platforms that are basically fucking "still in progress" when we could just use a finished platform that actually works extremely well, is intuitive and well designed. Ask yourself for a moment - if you'd please - WHY Steam has had a monopoly for so long. Origin, Uplay, Epic and the Windows Store have existed for years except no one ever wanted to use them because Steam has always been the superior platform for the consumers. It's why so many people are angry about the fact Epic are now paying publishers to fuck the consumers. Sure, some of it is out of laziness but some of us - like myself - hate it because almost every other platform is fucking trash in comparison and makes me want to flay myself instead of using them. The windows store is almost the only exception to it, as far as I'm concerned, though the Xbox App still fucking sucks.

Also "Outdated platform that's taken a fucking decade for a UI update", are you actually kidding me? I'm legitimately starting to not take you seriously. Steam is THE platform. An indie game being greenlit on Steam is almost guaranteed to do better than an indie game on their own website or patreon or kickstarter. Also, the UI might have taken ages to get an update but it's always been more intuitive than that of literally any other platform.
e41620620345bce2d2bd8d083e27ab90.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm fairly sure the devs weren't told until a day before and they're pissed off too about the deal - there were Discord messages and stuff leaked.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm fairly sure the devs weren't told until a day before and they're pissed off too about the deal - there were Discord messages and stuff leaked.
where can i get more info on this

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
In Fallout 3, I think the Nuking Megaton mission was either cut or censored in Japan and I think Australia.

It wasn't censored here.

Plus, that was on all platforms at launch in Japan. It wasn't a steam decision.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
gonna pirate and try it
if i like it i guess ill buy it on epic

otherwise i can wait