Out of all IX: HL2RP servers, why did you pick nebulous.cloud?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
not worth the hassle of protecting from leakers

this geralds mod gamemode will cost you 60$ sir

plus i would guess they want to give the big middle finger to cw
That and given CW's history, wasn't worth being seen in that light.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

That and given CW's history, wasn't worth being seen in that light.
What about it? By the way, I'd charge it because, well, if I worked for it and spent my time there, why shouldn't I be rewarded monetarily for it?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
What about it?
There's a lot of incredibly shady shit surrounding CW's early years and dev work in general.

A good example is the fact that there is a backdoor put into unpatched CW people purchase which lets the devs literally get any rank on any server and do whatever they want.

In fact part of why Neb had to swap to Helix on such a short timetable was because they were trying to cease-and-desist the community for not using the "updated watermarked" version of CW with the credits (we used Alex's own version which is older and modified) and it wasn't worth paying people to get them to fuck off.

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
What about it? By the way, I'd charge it because, well, if I worked for it and spent my time there, why shouldn't I be rewarded monetarily for it?
CW charged a large amount of money for something that ultimately wasn't worth the price tag, provided pitiful support, and made it difficult to actually create content for.

I'm also positive that conna has some sort of tumor pushing on his brain, urging him to erase anything that makes him look bad or shows he doesn't code everything himself. Given that, I can't imagine why anyone would want to use anything that makes them beholden to his whim.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

There's a lot of incredibly shady shit surrounding CW's early years and dev work in general.

A good example is the fact that there is a backdoor put into unpatched CW people purchase which lets the devs literally get any rank on any server and do whatever they want.
I wonder why they'd do that. That's pretty snarky tbh.

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i got paid 16k to play on the server

Nebulae
When I was still active, I found this server after my young dumb ass itemtransferred and got myself banned from Shockcore. This server was fairly new and already popular so I checked it out and got addicted to HL2RP again for a good while, then forgot about it.

Thinking about it, I did a lot of cringy shit there and here, but 'twas fun.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm just wondering why you picked this server out of the others. If you're wondering about why I picked it myself, I saw the playercount. And usually when a server has a high playercount that means it's good enough that people will stay so the server could get an even higher playercount than before.

i didn't

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
this is lp's successor in terms of serious rp and i can't be bothered getting to know people in a new community so im stuck wandering here aimlessly shitposting on the forum and going on the server once in a while to keep my roleplay blood levels up, it's kinda like dialysis but for autism

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
I joined cuz the player numbers back in clockworks lemon punch

Left because of the community

Joined neb cw becuz of a random invite

Stayed because of my friends :)

Salami

smooth e
Nebulae
People from PG and TSG were on here and fuck TnB :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

D

Deleted member 243

Lemonpunch died, people flocked to @Powley when he was gonna start FTRP (or was it @Chester idk)

Then they made frundtech on neb so I just followed the rest

Tactical

Neutrino
Nebulae
Used to avoid super populated servers but decided to give it a shot and it's been enjoyable since.

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
every other server feels like some cursed fever dream, i can't take them seriously

like they have no idea what they're doing

nebulous is at least good at making it look like they know what they're doing

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
like they have no idea what they're doing
Neb gets a lot of flack for taking the "innovation" out of roleplay because a lot of small communities try to emulate us (apparently) and fail and die. But the thing is a lot of those unique ideas don't really have a hope of standing on their own two feet without constant upkeep anyway.

And obviously there's a point that during the 'golden era' of innovation most communities lasted a matter of weeks or months anyway, assuming they weren't taken down by rivals or torn down by infighting.