Serious Overwatch Support: Who's the Best?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I'm a Zenyatta/Junkrat Main, and I wanna know who you guys think is the best Support in Overwatch.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm a Mercy main, and Mercy is the best for me... Moria is also ok. Zen is a good support if you have another support, and Ana is good in most cases.

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
I'm a Mercy main, and Mercy is the best for me... Moria is also ok. Zen is a good support if you have another support, and Ana is good in most cases.

I've noticed that Zenyatta can be amazing at offence, and although the healing orb isn't terribly good it can provide adequate heals and help w/ your ultimate charging.

Personally I miss old Mercy, back when her ultimate was the team revive. Those were fun times.
I'm quite glad they've barely changed Zenyatta, it makes going back to him after about a year of inactivity go like a breeze.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I like playing off-healers like Zen or Brigitte, mostly because A) I'm horrifically bad at other supports and B) I don't like the playstyles of the other supports

also btw Ana is the best support and has the highest skill ceiling

rising storm 2

thank you ramsey very cool!

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
zen = dmg/heals
ana = heals/dmg
mercy = hp/low dmg
moira = more damage than hp
lucio = sonic go fast
brigitte = fuck her

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I like playing off-healers like Zen or Brigitte, mostly because A) I'm horrifically bad at other supports and B) I don't like the playstyles of the other supports

also btw Ana is the best support and has the highest skill ceiling

thank you ramsey very cool!
no problem

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
bash got nerfed into the ground FEELSBADMAN
e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
mercy is the weakest imo, only good for locking to a tank/pharah against newbies while they play aggressive

lucio is good for a low effort constant heal to a grouped up team style
moira is good for picking off any supports or weak dps that get too close/cocky and giving a ton of healing throughout (she suffers against people who know what theyre doing though)
ana is good at healing, you can keep a guy alive with 3 people wailing on them if you through your gamer girl pee at them then spam the primary
bridgette is only good when you have a reinhardt or unexperienced/overly aggressive enemies & someone around to heal you too constantly (especially as you cant do much in the way of healing when you arent dealing damage)
zenyatta i havent played much, but he seems to be picked less at medium skill range (that im currently in) so id assume he has a very high skill ceiling like ana

id say the most used by me are in terms of usefulness;
ana(with 60%+ accuracy)>lucio>moira>zenyatta(idk much about him in comp)>bridgette>mercy

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
zenyatta i havent played much, but he seems to be picked less at medium skill range (that im currently in) so id assume he has a very high skill ceiling like ana
zen is great when you got your orbs in control

i was a zen main in season 6 and was in master just with him

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

zen is basically the support to pick when you flexing on dps players cause he can do a shitton of damage even without discord, and with discord it just gets ridiculous, meaning it's very easy to focus fire certain targets in a fight (e.g. tanks)

he's also very good at supporting flankers due to how harmony and discord orb can easily turn the tide in your own team flankers favor

he has no mobility though and he's shutdown hard by Sombra

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
There’s no one support that’s the best- They’re all good for specific circumstances.

Bridgett is a healer/tank hybrid that acts as a close-range brawler that denies other close-range heros like Mei, Doomfist, Tracer, Sombra and Reaper.

Lucio is a utility support specializing in disruption- his ultimate if timed correctly can save a team from most burst-damage ultimates- DVA bomb, Doomfist ult, Junkrat tire, etc.

Zenyatta pairs well with dive compositions as he can discord orb the dive targets so that they take 30% more damage as long as they’re in line of sight. His ultimate can also be used to counter numerous DOT ults: Moira, 76, Reaper, Bastion, and both dragon ultimates.

Moira is a healer whose potential is maximized in indoor locations due to the way her spheres work. She has the highest healing in the game with a limit on how often she can do it, but if the team is clumped together she can spray them all at once. She makes for a great offensive healer that can pick off low targets while flanking with her fade and her ult can be used from the back of your team in order to both heal your team and push forward against the enemy.

Ana is another great utility healer who can assist from the back, countersnipe, and with her grenade even disable enemy healing completely for a few seconds, completely countering both healers and sustaining characters like Reaper or Roadhog. Please stop nanoboosting Winston...

And Mercy is a good pick if your team is spread out or about to make a major push- she’s great for dive comps, her revive is ideal for locations where your team is far away from spawn such as final point on offense or first point on defense. She always pairs well with burst damage heros like Pharah and Junkrat due to her damage boost.
[doublepost=1545679362][/doublepost]No, seriously Ana players. Stop nanoboosting me during primal rage or even at all. I don’t think you know what little you’re actually doing.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
Bastion all the way. I know this is for support heroes, but he can really destroy them.

I think I'd rather pick him because of his obvious potency because he can do like 2000 damage in around 2 seconds at point blank and at long range with accuracy it's still very strong. Support classes are often not that able to defend themselves unless very skilled, so they can't really kill a bastion unless they've got some tricks and the Bastion isn't a bad player or faltering in the situation in any form. It is best they do nothing but run to support their team in the attack/defense.

I know that people don't want him nerfed anymore, but seriously, why not pick this guy especially if you have Orisa or something to support you, basically means a lot when you're defending and are organized. It makes your ultimate absolutely worthless.

Also, is it just me or has Overwatch turned WAY more popular in the past few months? I love Overwatch, so this is a very good thing.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Bastion all the way.

I think I'd rather pick him because of his obvious potency because he can do like 2000 damage in around 2 seconds at point blank and at long range with accuracy it's still very strong.

I know that people don't want him nerfed anymore, but seriously, why not pick this guy especially if you have Orisa or something to support you, basically means a lot when you're defending and are organized. It makes your ultimate absolutely worthless.

Also, is it just me or has Overwatch turned WAY more popular in the past few months? I love Overwatch, so this is a very good thing.

imo bastion is kinda pointless unless you have an organized team built around him with a mercy and orisa/rein, which means just having a bastion can take up a lot of your comp.

Without that, just playing bastion solo without your team playing around you makes it really easy for say, a sombra to hack you and then burst you down

this isn't to say i don't like playing bastion, he's my favorite point and click adventure

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
Not really, Bastion can obliterate an enemy team with his firepower. He has more. Also, Sombra can't really take his health down too much. When the hack is over, he can heal up quickly and make the Sombra run for her life.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Mate I play bastion pretty regularly and there is nothing worse than a well-placed Sombra hack. Not even Genji deflect, because honestly the best counter to that is just looking away.

Bastion doesn't require the entire team to build around him if the Bastion plays independently but he has to effectively take on the role of a flanker before that can happen.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Mate I play bastion pretty regularly and there is nothing worse than a well-placed Sombra hack. Not even Genji deflect, because honestly the best counter to that is just looking away.

Bastion doesn't require the entire team to build around him if the Bastion plays independently but he has to effectively take on the role of a flanker before that can happen.

the pain of playing zen and being hit with an EMP and having 50 hp left

help