people who have been here since lemonpunch, why?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
God I have so many wild stories from LP.

I was in a group with Operator (the guy not the rank) and we set up 'Dawn' based on the graffiti based out of the Metropol base but we didn't really do much because we didn't really get off the ground with it. The then-crafting lead (I forget who it was, someone else probs knows) was in the group and one day he had to shoot one of his own guys who saw the door open and so we grabbed him and dragged him inside along with his weapons.

Well a lot of us were fairly new to RebelRP and this guy had dropped an M1 and something else and we were super excited - but the lead was super against us having the guns IC (not even in a "they're my guys" it was just "no it won't work" and stuff). We were like "No dude we'll just file the marks off it'll be fine!" and then he left the room. He comes back about two seconds later and tries to S2K us all dead, Operator manages to kill him and at this point we realise we've just executed the fucking crafting lead.

So Operator panics and decides to go tell Simeon in The Hub (the public lab base) and I go with him. So we do, he explains. Astro on Emmi takes over and takes him into the back room. He then shoots him dead, comes out and rallies Novus to go storm our base despite us trying to explain. They roll in, PK everyone except me who gets an NLR (they didn't know I was IN the group, I just saw them kill everyone I guess) and I get super unhappy because it looked like an excuse to grab my gear. Luckily @anotherninja1 was nice and gave me it back later.

In hindsight I think the entire thing was something that wouldn't really fly today because it was 100% self defence and he didn't even ask for the gear back, he just protested us using it at all vs destroying it for some reason then tried to murder us all.

Reactions: List

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae

I was in a group with Operator (the guy not the rank) and we set up 'Dawn' based on the Graffiti, we were in the Metropol base and we didn't really do much because we didn't really get off the ground with it. The then-crafting lead (I forget who it was, someone else probs knows) was in the group and one day he had to shoot one of his own guys who saw the door open and so we grabbed him and dragged him inside along with his weapons.

Well a lot of us were fairly new to RebelRP and this guy had dropped an M1 and something else and we were super excited - but the lead was super against us having the guns IC (not even in a "they're my guys" it was just "no it won't work" and stuff). We were like "No dude we'll just file the marks off it'll be fine!" and then he left the room. He comes back about two seconds later and tries to S2K us all dead, Operator manages to kill him and at this point we realise we've just executed the fucking crafting lead.

So Operator panics and decides to go tell Simeon in The Hub (the public lab base) and I go with him. So we do, he explains. Astro on Emmi takes over and takes him into the back room. He then shoots him dead, comes out and rallies Novus to go storm our base despite us trying to explain. They roll in, PK everyone except me who gets an NLR (they didn't know I was IN the group, I just saw them kill everyone I guess) and I get super unhappy because it looked like an excuse to grab my gear. Luckily @anotherninja1 was nice and gave me it back later.

In hindsight I think the entire thing was something that wouldn't really fly today because it was 100% self defence and he didn't even ask for the gear back, he just protested us using it at all vs destroying it for some reason then tried to murder us all.

Man I had such strange memories from LemonPunch, my fondest being when myself, @Nathant18 @dee pixel @Mvemjsunp @Newb and a few others were part of a cell which took over the Grizzly Grotto base, had a plan to kill a BMD guy named 'Reverand' by planting C4 within the walls of the sewer however @harry 's character still had knowledge of the base and snitched, got OTA raided and that was a wrap

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae

I was in a group with Operator (the guy not the rank) and we set up 'Dawn' based on the graffiti based out of the Metropol base but we didn't really do much because we didn't really get off the ground with it. The then-crafting lead (I forget who it was, someone else probs knows) was in the group and one day he had to shoot one of his own guys who saw the door open and so we grabbed him and dragged him inside along with his weapons.

I once got PKed on my very first legitimate Rebel (legitimate as in grinding tokens lmao) very soon after getting a greensuit.

I basically found a script (a bag of spices, I think it was) from a scriptspawn and did some roleplay looking at it before picking it up, but some guy came in during that and just did a short /me picks up despite me standing right in front of it. I slapped his hand to make him drop it and took it.

I then got dragged into the Cyber Cafe secret base which was some kind of Hub back then (one of the very early ones, lead by Ry@n I think) for a council to solve the conflict between me and him. Long story short, it resulted in me keeping the script but I needed to publicly apologize. I did while the guy angrily left the secret base. Shortly after, I also left, climbed up the ladder, and as I stepped on the catwalk I got S2Ked and PKed by someone over it.

Over a low-value script that I won fairly.

I haven't made a sewer rebel ever since that wasn't an auth app.
[doublepost=1570723346][/doublepost]
'Reverand'
That was Ryan yeah

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
Man I had such strange memories from LemonPunch, my fondest being when myself, @Nathant18 @dee pixel @Mvemjsunp @Newb and a few others were part of a cell which took over the Grizzly Grotto base, had a plan to kill a BMD guy named 'Reverand' by planting C4 within the walls of the sewer however @harry 's character still had knowledge of the base and snitched, got OTA raided and that was a wrap
mikkok and plankton were in on it too

ah good times

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

rabid you were a pretty big "who" in lp

you really didnt see much before it shut down, keeping it real with you

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
mikkok and plankton were in on it too

ah good times
Honestly I wonder what would have happened if that plan had've succeeded given Reverend was still a huge figure at the time.
[doublepost=1570723591][/doublepost]
rabid you were a pretty big "who" in lp

you really didnt see much before it shut down, keeping it real with you
No I know, I missed a load of stuff.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Honestly I wonder what would have happened if that plan had've succeeded given Reverend was still a huge figure at the time.
[doublepost=1570723591][/doublepost]
No I know, I missed a load of stuff.

I cannot for the life of me remember why we had PK auths, we had a PM with moon when he was a SD to get it all authed but we got snitched on while it was pending

Deleted member 374

jesus christ denton
Nebulae
I cannot for the life of me remember why we had PK auths, we had a PM with moon when he was a SD to get it all authed but we got snitched on while it was pending
i think we were concerned he was gonna go crazy from all the power and clout he had

uncle kev

jerry
Nebulae
I miss being 15 and having nothing to worry about except HL2RP, I don't know if it's because I've grown up or because it's genuinely different but I never could enjoy Nebulous HL2RP, maybe it's because of the people I played with moved on too.

I remember @rang going on a date with a low ranking CP on his RL at the top of the Nexus, he set up a fancy dinner table with cheese and wine, with me and spider cringing and laughing in observer. It's cool tho no hate, it was years ago and it was funny

I remember someone threw a can at me during a speech on my Administrator in the plaza so I had the whole crowd killed ( @Ond @Blackquill )

And of course dear WW3RP, I miss being SD sometimes, me and @char genuinely enjoyed running the server and playing with folks

edit: almost forgot how retarded and funny the snoop dogg event was, was laggy as fuck though but it was perfect the way snoop dogg came in behind my administrator @docdo

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I remember someone threw a can at me during a speech on my Administrator in the plaza so I had the whole crowd killed ( @Ond @Blackquill )
211c6d169d3834dca088cc48977af576.jpg

LP pk management seemed to have been on drugs from
all the stories I’m getting lol
Early LP PK's were so bad it was usually the people doing the PK's who'd deny them and/or staff using factions as weapons.

Later on it was just a matter of people knowing how to game the letter of the rules and make things sound convincing for why they did what they did.