Playtest - Day 1 feedback

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Thanks to everyone that participated in Day 1 of our playtest, thought I'd make this thread for discussion and feedback that isn't related to bugs & suggestions.

It was really great to finally show what we've been working on, seeing everyone interacting and the antics they got up to.

Personally getting to play it properly with you guys was a lot of fun, being a cop is hard work though!

Reactions: List

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This was SO much fucking fun. It is very sleek and everything seems to be working pretty well so far for me! I'm gutted that I have to miss Friday, but I'm going to pull a sicky on Saturday so that I can take part!

Beginning to carve out a character is always my favourite thing, and I'm hoping this will be a really cool one! Did practically nothing but beat up some guy and drive around in a taxi for a solid 2 hours. All the different characters made it very fun though. Looking forwards to playing a little more, and I'm fucking PRAYING we don't have to wait too long for the full release.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
This was SO much fucking fun. It is very sleek and everything seems to be working pretty well so far for me! I'm gutted that I have to miss Friday, but I'm going to pull a sicky on Saturday so that I can take part!

Beginning to carve out a character is always my favourite thing, and I'm hoping this will be a really cool one! Did practically nothing but beat up some guy and drive around in a taxi for a solid 2 hours. All the different characters made it very fun though. Looking forwards to playing a little more, and I'm fucking PRAYING we don't have to wait too long for the full release.
I cannot tell you how happy we are to see the positive feedback for this first playtest, it's amazing to see

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This was fucking amazing, not only is everything all sleek and fancy - bugs are minor and can quickly be quit out of in every case so not a big issue for a playtest. But I had so much fun like never before, figuring everything out without even pulling up YouTube was tricky but I had a great time. Seriously, it all felt so good - even for an OOC playtest it felt like we were in the crazy world of GTA lol.

This is what CityRP should always have been and I'm excited to see actual roleplay stem from this. Would be cool if one of the playtests roleplay was fully enforced to see how it'd play out in practice, but I don't mind either way - I had a blast stealing planes with @Mic15000 lol

Overall, a solid 10/10. Everyone is great, the effort put into this is amazing. This is truly a passion project by you guys and I'm super glad you can do something you REALLY seem to enjoy, which was reflected from the super positive atmosphere today

So pumped for Friday already lol

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Aside from the issues I had getting into the server in the first place which is seemingly a me problem, I was worried my fps was gonna be terrible or that I was gonna have issues rendering the city, but I drove around for a solid half hour before calling a taxi and having some fun with @NightLock and I didn't fall through the world, I didn't have any render issues, everything loaded quickly and smoothly, and I unironically had about 50-60fps which was a LOT more than I thought there would be, so honestly, really happy.

I got some bugs and suggs I'll throw in the subforum, but honestly 9/10, most enjoyable taxi ride I've had.

pls have news reporter job/a microphone I can hold for Friday so I can interview people xoxo

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
pls have news reporter job/a microphone I can hold for Friday so I can interview people xoxo
Would this be a bad time to tell you that there was a news job as well as those items.. but you didn't find it?

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Would this be a bad time to tell you that there was a news job as well as those items.. but you didn't find it?
softly_dont.jpg

the phone app didn't show it :(

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It’s gonna be a fuckin pain in the ass to find all these sorts of jobs.

I know exactly where the news one will be @Aether but that info costs extra on your next fair ;)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I know exactly where the news one will be @Aether but that info costs extra on your next fair
;)
I actually checked the square where there's the social media place but I couldn't find it, but yes, I will 100% be calling a cab to get there.

If you're willing to consider a career as a cameraman, let me know ;)

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I actually checked the square where there's the social media place but I couldn't find it, but yes, I will 100% be calling a cab to get there.

If you're willing to consider a career as a cameraman, let me know ;)
You had me at cab

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think you might find planes harder to steal on Friday haha
Yes, I agree lol, I think planes/choppers need to be much harder to steal, since it was too easy to get with the lockpick. (SHAME I can't come friday nor Saturday ;_;)

Other than that, feedback wise the only real bugs I found were sometimes the left hud jumping up covering the minimap

then the boats having really low fuel

I am also not sure if intentional or not but after I used the taxi service my background for my phone and messages was also the taxi service.

There's another bug that I will report on the bugs area specifically since I actually have good info on that one.

But overall I think there's a lot of good potentials, the character creation is VERY good and smooth compared to other GTA:RP servers I have played. The HUD is smooth and purply and fishing is actually pretty fun, I managed also to test out the radio and it looks sweet.

As I am aiming to be a cop I'm sure that when I'm off duty I'll be fishing my salary away with some cold ones with the blue boys

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Performance was buttery smooth.
The UI was intuitive and easy to learn.
Very few bugs (I’ll post the ones I experienced below.)
Driving felt great.
Jobs worked really well as long as you could see the NPC.
The FEELING was excellent.

I can’t ask for much, but PLEASE extend the Saturday session. A 6-9 or 6-10 would be wonderful.

Bugs Experienced:
- Teleported Beneath Map when Healed by Paramedic (Reset Position in Overworld)
- Job NPCs Sometimes don’t Appear

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
I cannot tell you how happy we are to see the positive feedback for this first playtest, it's amazing to see
The first hour was me silently freaking out not knowing if everything was going to spontaneously shit itself, but I'm extremely glad it went well

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the character creation is VERY good and smooth compared to other GTA:RP servers
THIS REMINDS ME, I love that you can add highlights in your hair. I know it's probably not a big deal and something that's probably baked in, but I never saw that option before on the like 2 other servers I played on, and the little things like that showed me that the real work was put into just, everything.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
THIS REMINDS ME, I love that you can add highlights in your hair. I know it's probably not a big deal and something that's probably baked in, but I never saw that option before on the like 2 other servers I played on, and the little things like that showed me that the real work was put into just, everything.
We're still missing a couple of customization options too :~)

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I got to admit, I have no idea how other GTA:RP servers look like or work so I'm taking everything face value and oh my god it's beautiful. If other servers don't have this type of stuff, Christ all we need is a little bit of a spotlight and neb.gta.rp will go crazy