Playtest - Day 1 feedback

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Honestly, just doubling the current decay time should be enough. Eating and drinking often is a regular part of any GTA RP, but I don’t want to panic when I run out of burritos.
Just for clarity, it affects your stamina and doesn’t drain your health when it hits zero.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly lads, solid shit you've got going on here.
I liked everything about it, from the UI to the seamless, dare I say, beautiful, performance.
I didn't go out of my way to test the features of the server, as I wanted to have fun given this was my first time ever having a go on GTARP, so I do apologize for that. As @Warwick said, please give us some extra time for the next playtests because god damn that shit was so fun.

As for the bugs I experienced?
Not many, bar a few I'll say.
I think I was driving down the main road, close to the airport, and I can't say for certain, but whilst I was driving at top speed, I saw a car spawn ahead of me in the air. Might be worth a look.
Other than that, I couldn't see a bandage dropped on the floor by another player, as @boots mentioned.
I also found there was a graphical bug in the towing system? I believe one of the developers know about it given one of the police officers that was helping me tow a car told me not to worry about it, and that it would be sorted.

Top shit though, I can't wait for the next playtest.

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I didn't go out of my way to test the features of the server, as I wanted to have fun given this was my first time ever having a go on GTARP, so I do apologize for that.
Seriously, don't apologise. We wanted you guys to play as you wanted, whether that was testing features intentionally or just having fun; seeing that all of you had fun has been a huge boost in morale for all of us.

I think I was driving down the main road, close to the airport, and I can't say for certain, but whilst I was driving at top speed, I saw a car spawn ahead of me in the air. Might be worth a look.
This can happen with FiveM because other players are triggering 'population' to spawn, we may turn down the spawning a little to make it less frequent.

I also found there was a graphical bug in the towing system? I believe one of the developers know about it given one of the police officers that was helping me tow a car told me not to worry about it, and that it would be sorted.
Yeah, the car detached for you and was on the floor but for us it fell off while driving. Wasn't too big of a deal in the end.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Now that you mention it when I was driving through the city to test my render speed and my fps I did have an incident where a local car spawned as I turned a corner and I crashed into it, but I just wrote it off as something I've heard that occurs fairly commonly on GTA5RP.

I'm still amazed at the render speed though, no buildings using their SLODS up close and no falling through the world or desync either, was really impressed with that. Could it have been due to the player count or have we done some optimisations @devs?

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I have fixed my recording software so ill have a collection (hopefully) of clips to share tomorrow
This can happen with FiveM because other players are triggering 'population' to spawn, we may turn down the spawning a little to make it less frequent.
every fivem server ive played has had this issue, most notable in the giant fuck off trucks like the MTL Pounder suddenly dropping on your dome. luckily its usually only on the highways and by the docks

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
shout out to alex for going around and telling literally everybody that i was a pervert while i was sat in my car staring at the server performance graphs cheers mate 👍

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
shout out to alex for going around and telling literally everybody that i was a pervert while i was sat in my car staring at the server performance graphs cheers mate 👍
sounds like something an introverted pervert would do you fucking nerd

:)

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
sounds like something an introverted pervert would do you fucking nerd

:)
hzG4kTH.png

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Lads, the most depressing news.

Works calling me in on Saturday and I’ve already got plans tomorrow. I don’t know how much I want to throw my colleagues under the bus Saturday by just not showing up, so hopefully good shit will come of the playtest, and it’s not too long a wait until it fully comes out.

This is some good shit you’ve got Devs, I was fucking thrilled to play yesterday, and I can’t wait to do it fully when it comes out!

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Lads, the most depressing news.

Works calling me in on Saturday and I’ve already got plans tomorrow. I don’t know how much I want to throw my colleagues under the bus Saturday by just not showing up, so hopefully good shit will come of the playtest, and it’s not too long a wait until it fully comes out.

This is some good shit you’ve got Devs, I was fucking thrilled to play yesterday, and I can’t wait to do it fully when it comes out!
Pull a sickie!

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Pull a sickie!
I literally told them “Listen, I ‘have uni work’ so I can’t come in Saturday”
Guy gave a little nod, left, came back a bit later and was basically like “We’re fucked if you don’t come in since there’s a bunch of people off holiday/sick”

Pulling a sicky was my plan, but me trying to be a nice enough to warn work backfired