Playtest - Day 1 feedback

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
One thing is, when asking about returning a rented vehicle, I was met with the thing to find out in character, which would be fine, but it seems like a purely mechanical thing. Like I went back to the rental place, tried All Da Buttons in All Da Places but it would just take me to the original renting menu. Bit confused how ANYONE can find stuff out like that without some OOC intervention? Or maybe like a little aura or circle around interactable things but I get that might take people out of it.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
One thing is, when asking about returning a rented vehicle, I was met with the thing to find out in character, which would be fine, but it seems like a purely mechanical thing. Like I went back to the rental place, tried All Da Buttons in All Da Places but it would just take me to the original renting menu. Bit confused how ANYONE can find stuff out like that without some OOC intervention? Or maybe like a little aura or circle around interactable things but I get that might take people out of it.
You're not expected to return them, they only last until server restart anyway

Reactions: List

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You're not expected to return them, they only last until server restart anyway
Damn, 3 Grand in the whole already.

Gotta figure out how to stick up the bank just so I can get some money back!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
+1, job areas having one of those circular spots on the ground would be handy too (if they did, maybe I didn't see 'em, but it seemed like I just went up to a door instead)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
+1, job areas having one of those circular spots on the ground would be handy too (if they did, maybe I didn't see 'em, but it seemed like I just went up to a door instead)
The job areas have an NPC that you interact with, we try to stay away from markers because they're sorta immersion breaking.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The job areas have an NPC that you interact with, we try to stay away from markers because they're sorta immersion breaking.
Weird, I don't think I saw any NPCs at... pretty much any job place, shop places, anything, made finding the interaction spots a touch confusing.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I talked to some people after my audio issues were sorted out and it was already nice to see a diverse cast of characters. really enjoyed the interactions I had and things were going fairly smooth

some good things I liked that were broken before;
- the numbers on the different crates of the delivery job were removed and it was much smoother to deliver
- all of the menus worked without it crashing me or breaking my UI
- weapons on my back didnt randomly detach from my body
- nobody turned invisible when I entered interiors or got into the trunk of a car

I hit some bugs that I dont even know if theyre bugs or not so im not going to bother making a separate report thread;
- I spent 20 minutes at a garbage pickup spot and couldnt find the bag at all
- I spent about a half hour searching for the car that shoulda spawned for the chop shop but couldnt find it at all. I broke into every car in the highlighted area but had no popups or anything
- impulse didnt readd changing clothing textures to the character creator and I couldnt be bothered going to a clothing store to change it
- you can hold all of the crates for the delivery job, negating the need for the truck so you can just use whatever speedy car you want
- the interact with player popup would get stuck on my screen sometimes, until I looked at another player
- when I did the garbage job, I couldnt figure out how to get the bag inside the truck. I unequipped it and then it despawned, I was unable to pickup any more garbage bags after that and I couldnt end the job

some random suggestions;
- make it so when you grab a delivery crate from the truck, it auto equips and you can only have one on you at a time
- make it so when you grab a garbage bag, you can press E at the back of the truck to load it in
- a key you can use to toggle the mouse cursor on and off while using the phone. I couldnt figure out if there was one or not
- replace the yellow stick for lockpicking like a little lockpick looking thing

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I didn't see any NPC's standing there, just doors I walked up to, IIRC. I get the want to avoid markers though.

Weird, I don't think I saw any NPCs at... pretty much any job place, shop places, anything, made finding the interaction spots a touch confusing.
+1

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Had a bit of trouble but got around it. Performance wise it's great menus are a bit laggy not sure if that's client-side or server-side. Drove around with @Rod and we got hit by @DemonElite and chased him, called him a cunt then lost him. Decided to do the parcel job and saw demon again so we decided to shank him, everyone there broke into a East London frenzy and everyone stabbed each other.

I took @Rod to the hospital and that's when @alex @Jamie and probably @impulse showed up. I knocked off Jamie's glasses as he helped rod and then I made a police report to Alex and was forced to meow as I was describing demonelite. Then we left and did some deliveries.

It was nice ^_^

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Oh yeah shout-out to the firetruck that was chasing me and @Northgate I think we managed to escape you by doing lots of right turns and hiding in a fast food drive thru

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Had a bit of trouble but got around it. Performance wise it's great menus are a bit laggy not sure if that's client-side or server-side. Drove around with @Rod and we got hit by @DemonElite and chased him, called him a cunt then lost him. Decided to do the parcel job and saw demon again so we decided to shank him, everyone there broke into a East London frenzy and everyone stabbed each other.

I took @Rod to the hospital and that's when @alex @Jamie and probably @impulse showed up. I knocked off Jamie's glasses as he helped rod and then I made a police report to Alex and was forced to meow as I was describing demonelite. Then we left and did some deliveries.

It was nice ^_^
If you're getting UI lag, in the FiveM menu there's this option which you can toggle on (as I get it too!)
v1NhGtT.png

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
would have gotten you but I got an executive order from headstaff to stop using the cannon
You were fucking terrifying btw lol just a red firetruck shooting water at us at mach 2 speed coming right behind us, only way to dodge was right turns cause you were heavy

M3lon

Approved by Erdogan
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It was pretty fun making deliveries and picking up trash. The only time I came across a game-breaking bug was when the UI would get stuck dragging items sometimes, the only fix was to restart the game. Apart from that I was too focused on trying out the game mechanics to see if anything was broken but I couldn't really find any. I was a bit confused with tow truck driver as it doesn't give you any cars to tow right away when you clock in. I'm assuming this job is to tow actual player owned cars and not NPCs. Although it would have been cool to tow NPC cars around the map to earn some money

The UI is just astonishingly good for most of the FiveM RP servers I've played. Good job @Legion and @Jaydawg

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You were fucking terrifying btw lol just a red firetruck shooting water at us at mach 2 speed coming right behind us, only way to dodge was right turns cause you were heavy
surprisingly, it handles like you would expect a firetruck to handle (like a cinderblock)

on a side note; going for 3 hours instead of 2 for the next playtest would be grand. when everyone finally got adjusted and got their footing on the server, it closed. looking forward to the next one

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
tow truck driver as it doesn't give you any cars to tow right away when you clock in. I'm assuming this job is to tow actual player owned cars and not NPCs.
Yeah, the Tow Truck/impound job is more of a player to player interaction role, than getting random vehicles to tow.

The UI is just astonishingly good for most of the FiveM RP servers I've played. Good job @Legion and @Jaydawg
Don't forget @`impulse and @alex :D