Pokemon Sword & Shield [Gen 8]

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I didn't get the point of giant pokemon
Like not every new game needs a special thing like the super-evolution things (I hated those) buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

New%20Pokemon.jpg

I hope shiny is pastel pink, pastel blue or pastel purple, but it'll probably be black.
I'm really enjoying the revealed designs so far. Wooloo is my spirit animal.

"They dislike conflict, and if they need to escape from enemies, they will simply roll away."

wonder if it'll show the north of england full of unemployed workers cos the pokemon mines got closed
There is a massive focus on mining in the north of the region lmao

But they're fully working...

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
the guy who leaked that there was going to be announcement about the new pokemon gen leaked the new smash characters.
hmu if you want to know. .

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
D806Am5XkAAjyqy.jpg

D82SKHTWkAAkfCF.jpg

sword and shield aren't gonna have a national dex like sun/moon, but additionally pokemon not from the galar region won't even exist codedly (unlike sun moon where you could still transfer pokemon which you couldn't find normally in alola because models and such existed) and therefore you won't be able to transfer non-galar pokemon into sword/shield at all

this is worse than dynamax

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I honestly really don't mind this.

Gen 3 did it, Gen 4 did it, Gen 6/7 did it. Even if it isn't every pokemon, there's almost 1000 and I'd rather have a cool selection every game than "shit we need to shove infinity pokemon in" y'know?

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
I honestly really don't mind this.

Gen 3 did it, Gen 4 did it, Gen 6/7 did it. Even if it isn't every pokemon, there's almost 1000 and I'd rather have a cool selection every game than "shit we need to shove infinity pokemon in" y'know?
are you misunderstanding or?

I don't have a problem with having a specific array of old pokemon appearing naturally in Galar as opposed to all of them, but not being able to transfer old pokemon from other games to Galar via pokemon home which don't already appear naturally in Galar is pretty shitty. At the very least, US/UM allowed people to transfer pokemon to Alola even if they weren't on the Alola dex.

The entire point of paying for that service is to be able to keep and transfer your old pokemon from previous games to the next newest game, then the next, and so on - so when Gamefreak pulls something like this its almost false advertising?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Seems like laziness to me.

I know they always feel obligated to add new pokemon every installment but if it's getting to the point where there's too many to keep consistent between games, maybe that's a telltale sign to stop adding so many new ones

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
are you misunderstanding or?

I don't have a problem with having a specific array of old pokemon appearing naturally in Galar as opposed to all of them, but not being able to transfer old pokemon from other games to Galar via pokemon home which don't already appear naturally in Galar is pretty shitty. At the very least, US/UM allowed people to transfer pokemon to Alola even if they weren't on the dex.

The entire point of paying for that service is to be able to keep and transfer your old pokemon from previous games to the next newest game, then the next, and so on - so when Gamefreak pulls something like this its almost false advertising?
No, I was more saying it isn't a dealbreaker for me in regards to my hype for the game.

I've been through this sort of thing before - and I can guarantee the next game in the series will add the other half of the roster and such.

Seems like laziness to me.

I know they always feel obligated to add new pokemon every installment but if it's getting to the point where there's too many to keep consistent between games, maybe that's a telltale sign to stop adding so many new ones
True, but the gens which added so few kinda got lambasted. It was always gonna hit this point I think, but I appreciate they were clearly not comfortable with it either and I can easily imagine they'll find some way to make it work.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Some leaks, this coming from people analysing the japanese dynamax website app thing.

https://dmaxcamera.pokemon.co.jp/ja/

Scorbunny: Usagi1

Sobble: Chameleon1

Grookey: Gorilla1

Yamper: Inu1

Rolycoly: Sekitan1

Wooloo: Wool1

Corviknight: Gcommondori3

Alcremie: Gcream2

Morpeko: Pospika

Polteageist: Teacup2

Dred: Gkame2

So in short:

Grookey will evolve into a gorilla (the Litten line had the codenames of Tiger1, Tiger2, and Tiger3 respectively)

Yamper, Rolycoly, and Wooloo have at least one evolution

Corviknight is the final stage of the regional bird and has two pre-evolutions

Alcremie, Polteageist, and Drednaw have pre-evolutions

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Update!

There's gonna be a 24-Hour livestream on the 4th, a "nature cam" sort of deal set up in one of the locations in the game; the fairy-esque woods called the "Glimwood Tangle". Its likely the place seen on the map artwork in the upper left.

Speculation is it'll show a bunch of new Pokemon (obviously).