Serious Post screenshots from other games!

jerry

B A N N E D
Nebulae
AFTER YEARS OF SEARCH, I HAVE FINALLY FOUND HIM... THE LEGENDARY.......................................BIG YOSHI

unknown.png

BEEG

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First time I've actually reached max-level with a character in any MMO (if you don't count elite dangerous) and haven't payed for any boosters!

time to grind another class up so I can rake in the story XP as well!

unknown.png

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
First time I've actually reached max-level with a character in any MMO (if you don't count elite dangerous) and haven't payed for any boosters!

time to grind another class up so I can rake in the story XP as well!

unknown.png

The cool thing about FFXIV (apart from the all story after the "prologue" which is a bit meh) is that it's not that grindy so you can enjoy the game before burning urself out of your ass

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The cool thing about FFXIV (apart from the all story after the "prologue" which is a bit meh) is that it's not that grindy so you can enjoy the game before burning urself out of your ass

Yeah I agree, I haven't had to ever stop the main story quest to grind if I didn't want to, which is a huge positive in an mmo, and it gets even easier to level up once you have a char max level cause all the other jobs get a 100(?)% bonus xp applied it is such a great time!

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
cdda-mininuke.png

this game I swear

also, the story of this character so far:
>play a fast food cook, spawn in evac shelter
>one other guy inside as usual
>"This infection is bad, mega bad..."
>he's infected
>needs antibiotics (available at an overrun city pharmacy near you!)
>sure my guy was never able to hold a stable job, but he's still friendly and brave and a good guy and he wants to help
>loot the shelter, check outside, standard stuff
>two giant acidic ants outside, one soldier, game says he's aggressive
>oh well, I'll take the other door then
>go exploring
>find some decent areas outside of the city, all protected by enemies I can't afford to fight though
>find (presumably) airdropped crates
>don't have a prying tool, smashing them would alert the zombies in the nearby motel, also risk damaging the stuff inside
>return to shelter
>other guy's still infected
>start smashing furniture for materials
>doesn't work, steak knife too weak
>realize "large rock" has bashing 20
>realize the shelter lockers drop PIPES, HOLY SHIT
>make a makeshift crowbar, among other things
>loot the crates
>military helmet- equipped, military winter gloves- equipped, combat boots- equipped, smoke grenade, makeshift poison bombs, mininuke
>leave the nuke there, too big to carry without wielding
>return back
>still don't have proper storage options, only pockets and a shitty bindle (only 5L + massive encumberance on the hand and arm you're holding it with)
>trade with the infected guy, don't want to cheese the game by selling him stuff in our shared shelter, so sell those gas bombs instead
>backpack, oh yeah, 30L of storage space baby (still too short to hold my crowbar tho)
>time to go raid a pharmacy
>it's a shitty idea by all means. The cities are always full of zombies (writting this I'm realizing I could have tried going during the night, not sure about the mechanics there but it could have been a lot easier), but I want to save the other person, do the right thing- that's the sort of character I'm playing
>I'm not leaving him behind, I'd rather die trying
>that's simply what a human is supposed to do
>set out
>realize I might not return, quickly walk back
>leave some items I won't need with the other guy, he might not have too long to live without my help but I don't want to dimish his chances
>right
>here we go
>walk towards the city, weaving inbetween lone zombies and ants
>jesus christ there is a lot of ants
>they're winning whenever they pick a fight with the zombies
>see the pharmacy wall, go closer
>some zombies pop out, I'm surrounded
>FUCK IT, running speed
>turn the corner, the street is empty
>only one zombie dog still on me
>smash the front window open
>climb in
>start fighting the dog, way too hard to hit
>my health keeps trickling down
>finally deliver the finishing blow
>pulp the body
>injured but can keep going
>right, time to get looting
>front has no antibiotics
>make it to the back
>smash down the door
>coughing syrup painkillers eyedrops
>ANTIBIOTICS
>HELL YEAH
>start throwing everything into the backpack
>something's trying to bash the back door into the pharmacy, but it... gives up?
>in fact, nothing seems to be aware I'm in here anymore
>street still clear too
>loot most of the front, skill books, tools, food, drinks, more medicine
>right, time to bail
>let's go
>go the same way I entered
>huge horde waiting
>about five exclamations mark above the zombies who spotted me
>fuck
>run
>RUN
>RUN
>they have the same speed
>my stamina is limited
>can't run anymore
>the horde jolts forward as the game simulates their movement while I can't do anything
>know it's over
>die being brutally torn apart
>reaload several times, fail each time, realize I'm pretty much cheating and ruining the point of permadeath games at this point
>right, I'm gonna just die the same way I did first time and move onto the next character, it sucks but whatever
>proceed to do so
>horde on me, run
>they start tearing into me
>realize I failed to use my smoke grenade the first time this happened, didn't realize I had to wield it + probably mispressed the buttons to do so
>well
>fine
>this is your final chance, it's not like your character would fail at using the grenade himself
>for the sake of realism of course
>a for activate
>smoke envelops me
>keep walking forward through the exhaustion and the pain
>no longer being torn into
>grenade runs out
>zombies nowhere to be seen, got interested in something else, maybe the eyebot keeping a huge nearby hoard busy
>fuck me
>how the fuck did this work
>one torso blow away from death, left leg in similar condition
>collect dropped items, limp into a nearby shack, do some bandaging and disinfecting, rest a bit
>check back outside
>way back north blocked by a horde of giant ants, map tells me their nest is in a village east (city is west)
>will have to go the long way around
>once again weaving inbetween zombies and ants
>way north is through a marsh
>realize that "a marsh" means a shitton of giant spiders, centipides, mosquitoes and similar things + some of the ants still
>I could just abandon the guy back at the shelter, I have some equipment there but I could find more south
>push on
>game constantly yelling at me about giant things that want to kill me
>have to go deeper and deeper to avoid conflict, each direction I head I run into another roadblock I have to avoid
>forest
>regular forest ahead
>check map
>yeah, only a bit of forest left until the field north of home
>pop out on the open field
>I've made it
>I've really fucking made it
>head back to the shelter
>enter
>guy still there, alive and breathing
>asks me about the quest status
>"I don't know what to say except Mission Accomplished"
>"Want to travel with me?"
>"[PERSUASION] We're friends, right? [100%]"

>Save game
>Next time I play I'm sorting all those new items and resting up to heal (healing rate in Cataclysm, given you bandage and disinfect, is way faster than in real life- it's justified with a spoiler-y reason)
>afterwards we're grabbing all our stuff, leaving a note in the shelter about where we took all that medicine (for the sake of other survivors) and heading further north
>we'll need a proper base
>and to leave goddamn ant county behind, I don't feel safe here

>Things may be a bit better right now, but I've got a sinking feeling that there are darker days ahead

Last edited: