Hope

Neutrino
Nebulae
>joined server
>made character
>run out of spawn, CP sees me
*Ten minutes later*
>die

it then took me 3-4 characters to actually understand how to properly not die.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
My memory is incredibly foggy given how long ago this was, but my first instance of joining an HL2RP was either hl2land or TnB in 2007 or 2008. Pretty sure I was banned pretty quickly because I had not an inkling of what the hell I was doing or any idea of what roleplaying actually was.

Over the years I'd ebb and flow in and out of the HL2RP scene, each instance I'd garner a better understanding of what was going on but then either get banned or bored, boogie off for another six months/year and come back to some random server that had high population. I probably joined Lemonpunch and TnB a few times both during this time.

I remember on... I think OpenAura or Cakescript-- hell it might have even been TnB on Tacoscript 1, I saw some rebels running around doing something and I desperately wanted to get in on it. Only thing was my understanding of roleplay at the time was primitive at best so I just spammed a bind in all lower case asking for someone to give me a sniper rifle. (Because, you know, edgy sniper character)

Think the first time I actually really understood how to roleplay-- or I guess more accurately understood how to roleplay and actually enjoy it, was TnB in 2015. First day on the server I walked down the street of City 11 and saw a blood decal sprayed on the floor because some cop joking swung his baton at another unit OOC. I went over and started cleaning it up with a rag and out from the nexus came some dude's Sector Commander (as TnB still used a high command model at the time). I was intimidated as hell so I just blurted that I was looking to join Civil Protection (and hastefully wrote up a faction app for it shortly thereafter in fear that he'd see through my lie) and he gave me a fat stack of like 50,000 credits for no reason.

Don't remember what I wasted those credits on but I know it was definitely something stupid.