Potential benefits of multiple servers

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Once you do that though, you really just make it post-apocalypse RP and not fallout, if you take away some of the biggest groups that made it the most interesting.
if you think Vegas was cool because of the factions you aren't paying attention

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Then do post-apoc then. Fallout has never worked.
There still would have to be some large faction or group that a large amount of the server revolves around, as making everyone a scavenger or in some citizen group to do their own creates aimlessness (ie Terminator RP)

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Imo an apoc rp beyond fallouts style won't work

See: frundtech and renditions

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Imo an apoc rp beyond fallouts style won't work

See: frundtech and renditions
Ye and if you do fallout, you have to commit to the factions and groups that the genre is famous for if you want it to keep its identity

Reactions: List

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Ye and if you do fallout, you have to commit to the factions and groups that the genre is famous for if you want it to keep its identity
fallout isn't famous for it's factions and groups

I don't remember buying fallout 1 because it had the brotherhood of steel

the story telling style and thematic settings is what can be carried over to a roleplay server, not a faction or group.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fallout isn't famous for it's factions and groups

I don't remember buying fallout 1 because it had the brotherhood of steel

the story telling style and thematic settings is what can be carried over to a roleplay server, not a faction or group.
When people think Fallout they usually picture the image of the BOS or the Enclave, if someone who is casual to the franchise joins and doesn't see that, or groups such as the NCR in it, then it naturally creates confusion.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
When people think Fallout they usually picture the image of the BOS or the Enclave, if someone who is casual to the franchise joins and doesn't see that, or groups such as the NCR in it, then it naturally creates confusion.

I get you but i mean like this

Instead of the generic "WESTERN TOWN CENTRE o' DA WAR IN DA desert"

You could have cool new shit like NCR in Yukon and British Columbia, where you got like proper frontier town with different threats like the local leafs

or further a ncr expedition into El Paso or New Mexico or some shit and you got your Mexicans and some such

anything but fucking Arizona and Nevada

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I get you but i mean like this

Instead of the generic "WESTERN TOWN CENTRE o' DA WAR IN DA desert"

You could have cool new shit like NCR in Yukon and British Columbia, where you got like proper frontier town with different threats like the local leafs

or further a ncr expedition into El Paso or New Mexico or some shit and you got your Mexicans and some such

anything but fucking Arizona and Nevada
Never argued for the first

Yes those ideas are cool

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Never argued for the first

Yes those ideas are cool
Roger

I mean fuck please no le legion vs US NCR OORAH

Vegas was great because it wasn't a conventional war, they didn't ((fight)) until the finale and both factions were mired in morality where both of them aren't the bad guys

introducing a new antagonist to ncr with such a moral question would be epic

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Why does it need to be a new gmod rp server

Why do you guys not want to expand and let neb be more than just an rp community

Reactions: List

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Why does it need to be a new gmod rp server

Why do you guys not want to expand and let neb be more than just an rp community
been trying with planetside 2
dismantled because not a lot of people played together, timezones fucked it all

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
like 2-3 months?

it was going strong throughout until the owner basically went "mAP CHANGE NO LONGER A CITY HAH" and it all fucking died

I mean how long did Gunsmoke lasted in general as a gamemode, or that's really how much time passed between the server start and when it died out?