Potential benefits of multiple servers

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Honestly as niche as it is I'd really love to have a high player population W40K server, used to play on one a while back but it only ever hit 20 during peak times, even with all the models available for it and such it's just so niche. Fingers crossed for one day though :stuck_out_tongue:
What kind of a setting would be the best, though?
Hive City just feels too similar to HL2RP, and would arguably have much more variety in many things (mostly the illegal side). Imperial Guard PvE would be heavily admin-dependent. IG PvP would have similar issues to WW3RP.

Then there's the wondrous problem of power gaps. Eldar, Orks, Tau, Space Marines, Hrud, Kroots, all these things with varying strength, speed, reflexes and cunning. Then put them next to a bog-standard human. FTRP/QZRP - all of its iterations, both LP, nebulous and the off-shoot community - has already generated enough drama and complaints to fuel ten series of soap operas from mutant powers alone, so use that information how you will.

And lord help us all how you'd incorporate Forces of Chaos without leaving out one of the four major Chaos Gods (you know which one I'm talking about) because hooooooo boy would that particular facet of "Primordial Truth" be both abused and laughed at. Then you're just left standing there, hands on your hips when you look at the remaining three and realize "Wait a minute, these three can also be equally hideous depending on how they're roleplayed... shit." In short, you'd need to F2B a lot of things.

tl;dr: I'm more skeptical than a fireman about the safety of a toddler playing with a box of matches in the middle of a gas leak.

Reactions: List

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
thought about making a skyrim rp server with its custom map based in solitude but gave up when hammer gave me too many errors for no reason

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
thought about making a skyrim rp server with its custom map based in solitude but gave up when hammer gave me too many errors for no reason

wait until skyrim together

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
if nebs getting a second server again i want it to be something unserious (preferably not clockwork) and just something we can all join and piss about on for a good laugh

something like the rust server xx

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
whatever a second server is it's gotta be something that

A: hasn't been tried yet

B: hasn't been made up yet

learn from our mistakes that ww3 and frund creates toxic as fuck playerbase

anything else has failed whenever attempted by other servers. Bar hl2rp and the dingo 5 model

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
whatever a second server is it's gotta be something that

A: hasn't been tried yet

B: hasn't been made up yet

learn from our mistakes that ww3 and frund creates toxic as fuck playerbase

anything else has failed whenever attempted by other servers. Bar hl2rp and the dingo 5 model

Unsure if A means tried by us or tried in general, if it's the latter then competing with another server is way more fun imo than starting something nobody else is doing.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Unsure if A means tried by us or tried in general, if it's the latter then competing with another server is way more fun imo than starting something nobody else is doing.
I mean like tried by Neb.

Most servers nowadays are a one month wonder, with particular streaks like Shock Core and Spire and shit

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fallout is cool but you need to take either heavy liberties with lore or make it like the Bayou or something

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fallout is cool but you need to take either heavy liberties with lore or make it like the Bayou or something
It isn't hard to make it work with lore, the factions are very easy to be expanded on, but are simple to understand coming into the server as a new player.

What we see in New Vegas of the groups is only an extremely small fraction of what each group actually is with their presence in the West.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
fallout is cool but like it never lasts if its just new vegas or fallout 3
Making it into an original setting with what Atlas-5 did that takes heavy aspects from groups in the lore made it last, with the actual setting not being the reason it shut down

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Making it into an original setting with what Atlas-5 did that takes heavy aspects from groups in the lore made it last, with the actual setting not being the reason it shut down
Atlas-5 shut down because the enclanve, bos and legion teamed up to fuck over the NCR.
I'd much rather if FO ever happened we just go to an area not explored in the game and make shit up.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
new vegas as a setting is really linear

you could have the cookie cutter ncr

Or you could have the swamp gangs and shit

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Atlas-5 shut down because the enclanve, bos and legion teamed up to fuck over the NCR.
I'd much rather if FO ever happened we just go to an area not explored in the game and make shit up.
Once you do that though, you really just make it post-apocalypse RP and not fallout, if you take away some of the biggest groups that made it the most interesting.