News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
So instead of the traditional "bang bang shoot shoot eachother" that we see to be atypical of any war schemas, from what I read, we'll be getting more of a Valiant Hearts/This War of Mine scenario, where players are caught up in the war and have to try to survive that?

Sorry, I literally did just skim through it cause it's 00:04 and I was intending to go sleep about 20 minutes ago.

Either way I'm excited and it is fun to know that my confessions will chain me down :D

Reactions: List

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
see when I first heard of WW3 I thought it was like future war sort of shit lmao

this is cool too

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
will there be guns

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Actual question

It seems like this will be shifted towards civilians VS soviets correct? Im kinda worried it will turn into hl2rp rebels vs combine where civs will just circlejerk while soviets are the big bad guys and there will be occasional shotcops in this case sniping patrols

Chiverz

Vault Boy
Nebulae
Couldn't have chosen to come back to nebulous at a better time. This sounds awesome.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Can't wait

WON'T WAIT

latest

Being a civilian will probably be a good experience, but the usual question, will there be events that need the involvement of civilians in them? Not just as victims or perpetrators, but as bystanders.

Oswinner

Electron
Nebulae
How was the new helix schema to work with while recreating (Most of) the assets for this new intake of ww3rp?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
How was the new helix schema to work with while recreating (Most of) the assets for this new intake of ww3rp?

hell

Actual question

It seems like this will be shifted towards civilians VS soviets correct? Im kinda worried it will turn into hl2rp rebels vs combine where civs will just circlejerk while soviets are the big bad guys and there will be occasional shotcops in this case sniping patrols

A large portion of our development time went into ensuring we wouldn't be 'copying' a hl2rp-esque setting, hence why we put focus on different aspects and tried to keep that ww3rp focus on combat and quick intense situations. I reckon there'd be a number of different aspects/systems/factions that will ensure it doesn't bog down to a point like that.

I intend to post more information on specific parts of the concept along the way after we gather some feedback, so maybe that'd shed some more light

Status
Not open for further replies.