News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astr0

gamers rise up
Nebulae
Romeo Oscar Oscar Sierra Echo Bravo Uniform Delta (space) India (space) Alfa Mike (space) Sierra Oscar (space) Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo India November Golf (space) Hotel Alfa Romeo Delta (space) Romeo India Golf Hotel Tango (space) November Oscar Whiskey (space) Yankee Oscar Uniform (space) Delta Oscar November ' Tango (space) Echo Victor Echo November (space) Kilo November Oscar Whiskey (space) India (space) Alfa Mike (space) Sierra Oscar (space) Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo India November Golf (space) Mike Oscar India Sierra Tango (space) Hotel Oscar Lima Yankee (space) Sierra Hotel India Tango (space) Oscar Hotel (space) Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (space) Yankee Echo Alfa Hotel (space) Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar Oscar Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel Hotel

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
What weapon base will this use?

I've worked with TFA for the most part, there's a bunch of specific weaponry/equipment running on other bases but not to the point where it'd be noticable.

Also made sure we have functional attachment items and redundant stuff like the stat screen has been removed

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
So can we get a map of all soviet occupied territory or is that too much to ask

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Can't wait

WON'T WAIT

latest

Being a civilian will probably be a good experience, but the usual question, will there be events that need the involvement of civilians in them? Not just as victims or perpetrators, but as bystanders.

The dynamic is a lot more complicated than that. The 'Stasiland' in the tile references a lawless badland, a vacuum for anyone to try and seize power. Be that those aligned with the Soviet Union, the clandestine apparatus of NATO or perhaps even a band of insurgents and local population, hoping to build up enough armament and influence to fight off both warring parties for independence.

This whole experience is shaped by the local population, given that it is the default faction. So I don't see why there would be events without them.

WW3 is still going on, so more than likely we'll have 'war' events in the traditional sense too.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

Am I allowed to ask on here for some boys to take me under their wing for the first time I play this?
everyone is in the same boat, it is a brand new gameplay style and a continuation of previous lore

what you need to is read the lore of both 1983(provided it's available) and research the social and economic climate of the gdr around that time

go nuts on anything you can find that has even a modicum of relevance to the lore and it will pay off

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
However I must point out something, not all of us will immediately leave behind hl2 right?
***SOME of the playerbase currently on hl2rp is ww3rp players that came to it since ww3rp shut down, waiting for it to re-open, I assume a lot will return to ww3rp but dont expect everyone to leave, there are still a lot of people that enjoy hl2rp and surely will stick around

Jeffreyyyyy

Electron
Nebulae
I wish to enjoy both, and..think i'd like to be a civi or a rebel, shit who knows maybe for once i'll actually be one of the bigger boys

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
db36cab8e5ba962a2339cb7b48022c52.png

applause for taking the series in a new direction, genuinely interested

bet someone somewhere expected me to shit on it

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I wish to enjoy both, and..think i'd like to be a civi or a rebel, shit who knows maybe for once i'll actually be one of the bigger boys
I believe in you jeffrey, and i always will

Husky

Nebulae
I love it, however I have one minor concern, with the focus shifting more to civilian and insurgent lives, do you fear that the server may shift to just hl2rp part 2: communist boogaloo?

Essentially my concern is that it would be more or less just a reskin of hl2rp with an authoritarian regime keeping tight control of culture, thought etc with resistance groups and the like but with a more 90’s/commie vibe to it.

Can I ask what aspects may be unique in that regard when compared to the adjacent hl2 server in the community? Or will we see invasions and the like take place where insurgents hide among civilians, kind of like Vietnam but no u’d to the soviets rather then NATO.

(Phone posting sorry for errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.