News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
okay so basically give me my ratings back @Blackquill so i can neb this thread. thanks. please.

Reactions: List

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
We're changing up the weapon distribution system, RB is gonna write up a detailed response to that. Most likely revolving around Quartermasters, stuff like that. We're still debating the specifics.
this honestly sounds really epic
i like the quartermaster and armory shit

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
If I'm not mistaken, this sort of scenario reminds me of Southeastern Europe leading up to, and after World War 2 and the rise of Fascism, Absolute Monarchies and other types of Authoritarian regimes in Europe through puppet states, coups, and other radical political change towards a centralized national vision. Is this not more or less the reverse happening in the heart of Europe with Communism being the 'mainstream' now, and democratic rule, or alternatively, fascism being considered as 'solution to the problems of the status quo'?

I, for one, believe it would be extremely likely to see the revival of fascism/nationalist authoritarianism, not just supported internally within Europe, as it had been popularized in the 30s, to be within this setting if we're looking at it from a historical perspective. Fascism would simply be more difficult to 'beat around the bush' about and more susceptible to infiltration.

I can see this server actually ending up more grim-dark than HL2RP with torturing political prisoners and capping people as they're tied to chairs and having Boris drag out the dead body.

I'd like to see a Fascist partisan group gain enough armament and support from the populace to rise up and overthrow the Soviets and fend off NATO influence too.

Looking forward to see what kind of groups people make.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cant wait for all the generic fascist rebel groups to come

Apparently, you can create crime syndicates now. But I'm not sure what you would do with them unless you wanna like sell weapons or information to the other team and get rich.

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Apparently, you can create crime syndicates now. But I'm not sure what you would do with them unless you wanna like sell weapons or information to the other team and get rich.

We have an in-depth crafting system, including a wide arrange of narcotics.

Go wild.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
this honestly sounds really epic
i like the quartermaster and armory shit
Im getting heavy snow flashbacks of those fucking waiting lines man...

“Can i have a gun?”
“No you are a private”
Next person:
“Can i have a gun?”
Etc etc

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
or the incredibly out of place extremely patriotic americans

despite their characters being polish or smth

People with authorized NATO backstories riding through town blasting 'born in the usa' and then act surprised when the stasi comes knocking

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
cant wait for all the generic fascist rebel groups to come
There's so much potential. I'll be very disappointed if people shape them directly from old regimes, like the Italian or Nazi fascists.

Studying the Balkans and many of the authoritarians groups within them is better for inspiration if we're going to be taking the fascist/nat-authoritarian route.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Im getting heavy snow flashbacks of those fucking waiting lines man...

“Can i have a gun?”
“No you are a private”
Next person:
“Can i have a gun?”
Etc etc
Difference is if you run out on a patrol and get shot in the face, rip your dude lmao

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I'd like to see a Fascist partisan group gain enough armament and support from the populace to rise up and overthrow the Soviets and fend off NATO influence too.

can you comment if NATO resupply events will be a thing or not

I can't see people using mugging as a primary source for supplies given most of the old timers will be on the Soviet roster and they won't fall for shit

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
I think due to yugoslavias conflict with the soviets could make for some interesting characters just saying wink wink

Husky

Nebulae
pretty sure I already adressed most of this, but seeing as this thread is kicking off pretty fast I'll probably wait until somewhere later on when I can properly sit down and respond to multiple questions in one post while also going a little more in-depth.
This was one of the concerns in development, and one of the reasons we have been working on it for so long. We understand the problems similar iterations have attempted, and of course we don't want to follow down that path. We also don't want to step on any ones toes.

Without giving too much away, this has been our main concern and have been working in conjunction with others to ensure that is not the case.

HL2RP is HL2RP, it is slow paced CityRP in a sci-fi setting. Nothing will usurp that as being Nebulous' main draw, its bread and butter and its most successful server.

WW3RP: STASILAND is a fast pace militaryRP with a focus on asymmetrical warfare in a historical setting, it is a bold new direction for the formula but ultimately when RB and I were talking about getting back into this. We chose something bold and new rather than go for a formula which has been done over and over again.

We've been taking our time with the server, we want it to be a new experience which will not only draw in some new people, but also bring back the old who are familiar with the concept.

Hence why we have made this discussion to answer questions and get feedback on the server, instead of flat up announcing it. Even though on the development side of things, there isn't much work to be done.

We're changing up the weapon distribution system, RB is gonna write up a detailed response to that. Most likely revolving around Quartermasters, stuff like that. We're still debating the specifics.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it and I can’t wait to play. Can I ask when we are able to request char Auths and who we should direct our concerns to and if there is a format you want us to use?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
threads-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

soon

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
“Can i have a gun?”
“No you are a private”
Next person:
“Can i have a gun?”
Etc etc

"I'm a Lieutenant, toss me something."
issued the sole machete remaining

i'll never forget trying to keep 30-ish conscripts in line and stop them from defecting by running up and down the camp with just the one machete

Black Rain (1989)

Nebulae
Thanks for all your questions and comments, all are appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it and I can’t wait to play. Can I ask when we are able to request char Auths and who we should direct our concerns to and if there is a format you want us to use?

Still sorting out the logistics of the server, we posted this to see if you guys wanted to see something like this in the first place and if you like our new concept.

Husky

Nebulae

Hungarian uprising part 2: commie vs commie boogaloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.