News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
how will you ensure civilians, in contrast of ww3rp, will have enough to do? being a civilian in ww3rp most of the time was a way to get quickly shot

something that's been criticised a lot is the lack of seriousness in ww3rp and people only logging on to quickly s2k some people, how will you fight this?

great concept btw, genuinely excited

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
WW3 is still going on, so more than likely we'll have 'war' events in the traditional sense too.

what's the status on armored brigades/vehicles for this iteration?

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Am I allowed to ask on here for some boys to take me under their wing for the first time I play this?

This is a brand new gamemode. It is WW3RP in name and lore only really, we're offering a new experience with the fundamental things than made WW3RP fun at its core.

Don't go in expecting the traditional WW3RP experience. Except for perhaps the Soviet side of the server (which I'll be leading and overseeing stuff with, be it the military or intelligence or whatever), which will see some similar stuff to traditional military roleplay.
[doublepost=1551227004][/doublepost]
what's the status on armored brigades/vehicles for this iteration?

We've got tanks and helicopters.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
something that's been criticised a lot is the lack of seriousness in ww3rp and people only logging on to quickly s2k some people, how will you fight this?
Probs the same way HL2 has based on the initial post - S2King and dying will result in a PK this time around, not just a pointless NLR that doesn't impact you.

So sure you could throw characters out but I imagine it'll pretty quickly be caught.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This honestly just feels like a flat improvement of HL2RP in every sense of the word with an original setting and plenty of room for events that won't be restricted by lore and people saying "well ICly this would be X because Y faction believes in A". This feels like a perfect mix of the mood that Frundtech went for with a WW3RP setting.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Probs the same way HL2 has based on the initial post - S2King and dying will result in a PK this time around, not just a pointless NLR that doesn't impact you.

So sure you could throw characters out but I imagine it'll pretty quickly be caught.
i have a lot of interest in the new direction being taken but i feel like @Husky actually raised a genuinely good point
if this just becomes hl2rp except with soviets in 1992 then itll be pretty boring the longer it goes on

but all things considered i actually have a fair degree of faith that no one is trying to copy a server we already have too closely, so looking forward to how it turns out

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I love it, however I have one minor concern, with the focus shifting more to civilian and insurgent lives, do you fear that the server may shift to just hl2rp part 2: communist boogaloo?

Essentially my concern is that it would be more or less just a reskin of hl2rp with an authoritarian regime keeping tight control of culture, thought etc with resistance groups and the like but with a more 90’s/commie vibe to it.

Can I ask what aspects may be unique in that regard when compared to the adjacent hl2 server in the community? Or will we see invasions and the like take place where insurgents hide among civilians, kind of like Vietnam but no u’d to the soviets rather then NATO.

(Phone posting sorry for errors)

pretty sure I already adressed most of this, but seeing as this thread is kicking off pretty fast I'll probably wait until somewhere later on when I can properly sit down and respond to multiple questions in one post while also going a little more in-depth.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
If I'm not mistaken, this sort of scenario reminds me of Southeastern Europe leading up to, and after World War 2 and the rise of Fascism, Absolute Monarchies and other types of Authoritarian regimes in Europe through puppet states, coups, and other radical political change towards a centralized national vision. Is this not more or less the reverse happening in the heart of Europe with Communism being the 'mainstream' now, and democratic rule, or alternatively, fascism being considered as 'solution to the problems of the status quo'?

I, for one, believe it would be extremely likely to see the revival of fascism/nationalist authoritarianism, not just supported internally within Europe, as it had been popularized in the 30s, to be within this setting if we're looking at it from a historical perspective. Fascism would simply be more difficult to 'beat around the bush' about and more susceptible to infiltration.

I can see this server actually ending up more grim-dark than HL2RP with torturing political prisoners and capping people as they're tied to chairs and having Boris drag out the dead body.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

only way you could do that would be to main the soviet force, constantly create throwaways and spam friends to equip you with stockpiled armaments

except I imagine doing so will:

• deplete the armory stock, pissing off the rest of the roster given they would have less equipment
  • get you kicked out of soviet faster than poking @char in the eye
  • make you look like a jackass
civvies probably won't have all-round access to weapons aside from the semi-rare scavenge/mugging/NATO drop

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I expect more then 75% of the people to go soviets, if this happens I also imagine only 10% of them will have a gun like true soviets, you pick them off the dead bodies of your comrades.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
If I'm not mistaken, this sort of scenario reminds me of Southeastern Europe leading up to, and after World War 2 and the rise of Fascism, Absolute Monarchies and other types of Authoritarian regimes in Europe through puppet states, coups, and other radical political change towards a centralized national vision. Is this not more or less the reverse happening in the heart of Europe with Communism being the 'mainstream' now, and democratic rule, or alternatively, fascism being considered as 'solution to the problems of the status quo'?

I, for one, believe it would be extremely likely to see the revival of fascism/nationalist authoritarianism, not just supported internally within Europe, as it had been popularized in the 30s, to be within this setting if we're looking at it from a historical perspective. Fascism would simply be more difficult to 'beat around the bush' about and more susceptible to infiltration.

I can see this server actually ending up more grim-dark than HL2RP with torturing political prisoners and capping people as they're tied to chairs and having Boris drag out the dead body.
as long as all this occurs while not having the HL2RP issue of Civilians/Citizens having no real goal or any worthwhile thing to do, it'd be pretty epic

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
i have a lot of interest in the new direction being taken but i feel like @Husky actually raised a genuinely good point
if this just becomes hl2rp except with soviets in 1992 then itll be pretty boring the longer it goes on

but all things considered i actually have a fair degree of faith that no one is trying to copy a server we already have too closely, so looking forward to how it turns out

This was one of the concerns in development, and one of the reasons we have been working on it for so long. We understand the problems similar iterations have attempted, and of course we don't want to follow down that path. We also don't want to step on any ones toes.

Without giving too much away, this has been our main concern and have been working in conjunction with others to ensure that is not the case.

HL2RP is HL2RP, it is slow paced CityRP in a sci-fi setting. Nothing will usurp that as being Nebulous' main draw, its bread and butter and its most successful server.

WW3RP: STASILAND is a fast pace militaryRP with a focus on asymmetrical warfare in a historical setting, it is a bold new direction for the formula but ultimately when RB and I were talking about getting back into this. We chose something bold and new rather than go for a formula which has been done over and over again.

We've been taking our time with the server, we want it to be a new experience which will not only draw in some new people, but also bring back the old who are familiar with the concept.

Hence why we have made this discussion to answer questions and get feedback on the server, instead of flat up announcing it. Even though on the development side of things, there isn't much work to be done.

only way you could do that would be to main the soviet force, constantly create throwaways and spam friends to equip you with stockpiled armaments

except I imagine doing so will:

• deplete the armory stock, pissing off the rest of the roster given they would have less equipment
  • get you kicked out of soviet faster than poking @char in the eye
  • make you look like a jackass
civvies probably won't have all-round access to weapons aside from the semi-rare scavenge/mugging/NATO drop

We're changing up the weapon distribution system, RB is gonna write up a detailed response to that. Most likely revolving around Quartermasters, stuff like that. We're still debating the specifics.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I do think this'll require people to actually be capable of getting invested though and If HL2RP taught anyone anything its that if people begin to get bored (or rather, just aren't actually creative) they'll default to the easiest way they can grab a weapon and try to shoot people up.

It's definitely a concern considering why people traditionally went to WW3, but one I imagine can be handled.

mert

Atom
Nebulae

cant wait for all the generic fascist rebel groups to come

Status
Not open for further replies.