Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tumblr_inline_pnjncrwhmO1qdnzjg_500.jpg

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
hm today i will plant warmines along ruined city streets then forget them by the next time we patrol

Reactions: List

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
What was the problem with Penals anyway?
I've only heard they exist, not why they won't come back.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I think some form of forced work for the state would be nice and help facilitate more corruption and stuff

Yeah we toyed with the concept of employing some sort of forced labour force or having people caught engaging in illegalities 'redeem' themselves through work, we figured we'd border on a concept like the CWU quite heavily. And making it an armed force would severely upset the balance of gameplay seeing as everyone will likely just sell their weapon or gun down their guards the moment they'd get the chance.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
Yeah we toyed with the concept of employing some sort of forced labour force or having people caught engaging in illegalities 'redeem' themselves through work, we figured we'd border on a concept like the CWU quite heavily. And making it an armed force would severely upset the balance of gameplay seeing as everyone will likely just sell their weapon or gun down their guards the moment they'd get the chance.
I feel you it’s an idea that needs good people for it to work

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
What was the problem with Penals anyway?
I've only heard they exist, not why they won't come back.
We had it as a form of alternative for detainees on the Soviet faction, where people that broke military law were stripped of their rank and placed in the penal battalion for a pre-set amount of time, having shitty equipment and food and basically being spat upon before they'd be able to earn their way back into the main ranks.

People either misunderstood the concept or didn't care and made fresh penal characters on the whitelist (despite it being meant exclusively for existing detainees and prisoners) and just used them as throwaways to baseattack and do suicide charges with the typical 'uraa penal lives for the motherland' stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.