News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

mert

Atom
Nebulae
Can someone settle the argument me and @K4E are having?

House Hohenzollern or habsburgs?

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
You can never hold me to Penal again. Nikolai will return! AND HE WILL BOOST MORALE!

I dunno man, did you read this thread? Seems like you don't have the greatest grip on the format and the way in which factions / the game mode itself will manifest.

Best read up regarding returning characters and applications.

Theplahunter

Electron
Nebulae
I dunno man, did you read this thread? Seems like you don't have the greatest grip on the format and the way in which factions / the game mode itself will manifest.

Best read up regarding returning characters and applications.

I'm not serious of course, Char. I'm going to bring back Nikolai but he'll most likely start all over as basic infantry like I always do, and work my way up.

Samurai

Inspector Bullshit
Nebulae
Tenure wasn't just about officers dying, it was about an overall lack of officers. Sometimes there just weren't enough officers for whatever reason. PK death is just one of those reasons. Another was people losing their officers for things like rule infractions, which at the end of the day just harmed the server overall in my opinion.

If ever I thought there was a shortage and wanted to help, I'd be given an officer rank, but if you still find yourself being the only officer at times then you might wish some others were given their ranks back too.

Yeah there was a shortage, especially of ones who knew what they were doing as most were certainty pushed into the role because 'need to fill these slots' somehow.

But with this not really being the next iteration of WW3 but more so a re-imagining of the concept i wouldn't be surprised the new atmosphere that strict PKs in conjuncture with the overall setting will create a change of attitude, not just in people wanting to shoot each other lots, but how they approach roleplay and the various tasks an officer needs to do.

When I was with the staff team for Toastys era and amongst the upper echelons of management; one point effectively being Toasty lite for EU hours and Mendel being Toasty lite for US hours. I had to contend a lot with the mentality of my faction and indeed the server as well. It didn't get fixed then because Toasty left and the subsequent iterations it didn't either.

But with this being - as I've already stated more of a concept re-imagining than just 'WW3RP Part 4' I'm rather optimistic for how will be able to curve this problem that has been so deeply ingrained in the server base. I wouldn't be here if I believed it would just be another version of the same WW3 with slightly different lore.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you mean Baader-Meinhof GANG?
f8a65f0622d60b85ee14e992f0701afe.png

Husky

Nebulae
@Roosebud prone mod? And will Soviets have abilities and utilities you hinted too earlier like drones? Tanks? Helicopters? Will the stasi be central to the plot? As with the SIS?

swexs

Nebulae
Yeah there was a shortage, especially of ones who knew what they were doing as most were certainty pushed into the role because 'need to fill these slots' somehow.

But with this not really being the next iteration of WW3 but more so a re-imagining of the concept i wouldn't be surprised the new atmosphere that strict PKs in conjuncture with the overall setting will create a change of attitude, not just in people wanting to shoot each other lots, but how they approach roleplay and the various tasks an officer needs to do.

When I was with the staff team for Toastys era and amongst the upper echelons of management; one point effectively being Toasty lite for EU hours and Mendel being Toasty lite for US hours. I had to contend a lot with the mentality of my faction and indeed the server as well. It didn't get fixed then because Toasty left and the subsequent iterations it didn't either.

But with this being - as I've already stated more of a concept re-imagining than just 'WW3RP Part 4' I'm rather optimistic for how will be able to curve this problem that has been so deeply ingrained in the server base. I wouldn't be here if I believed it would just be another version of the same WW3 with slightly different lore.
whats up samurai

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
@Roosebud prone mod? And will Soviets have abilities and utilities you hinted too earlier like drones? Tanks? Helicopters? Will the stasi be central to the plot? As with the SIS?

Prone mod doesn't work and will likely never work due to how it fucks with models etc. I mentioned the Soviets having acces to a full motor pool including armed APCs, troop carriers, tanks etc obviously with their own set of rules. The overhead surveillance in the form of satellites and aerial drones would be too advanced for the soviet forces in this context, they're in the arsenal of the NATO SF for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.