News Preview/Discussion - WW3RP: STASILAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
communists be like
stop over-analyzing shit and just enjoy the propaganda and bread.

You have a point there, though I doubt that the Japanese people would've surrendered without a clear sign of overwhelming superiority like a nuclear blast. My own opinion on this, and I'd like to repeat that it's my OPINION, is that the US would've had to invade Japan and it would've cost them thousands of lives. The US would've made Japan surrender eventually, but it would've taken a lot of time and a lot of casualties. It would essentially change our entire history.

But for the sake of not making it too difficult to write this up I can completely agree with you that we could just leave it as that as a "plothole"
Personally, I believe the nukes to have been necessary, but in terms of a lore that long ago, I don't see it being too relevant, thus it can be easily left at that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against Little Boy and Fat Man.

Reactions: List

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Just give it some time till Roosebud can pitch in and confirm whether nukes exist in the new lore or not. It's a mess to try and handle as-is because one type of old lore had them and another didn't.

D

Deleted member 372

cN60b3p.jpg

@char don't keep us fucking waiting​

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
How is this an interesting historical fact when the person you are quoting is claiming that it was a FANTASY in the minds of the Soviet commanders?

I've done the math clearly if you read my post again...

But it seems like there is some confusion surrounding this topic, maybe something productive has come from this discussion. It could be good that the people in charge of the lore could clearly write this down so it's clear?

You bring up a very good point, sir or ma'am. Not nuking Japan would've completely changed our history. So a very interesting thing to think about.

Please I can only laugh so loud in my mom's basement

I'm sure all of this has already been written down for either 1983 WW3RP or 1990 WW3RP, this is just a continuation of those lores. I'll see about re-releasing those documents when the forums are up

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I'm sure all of this has already been written down for either 1983 WW3RP or 1990 WW3RP, this is just a continuation of those lores. I'll see about re-releasing those documents when the forums are up

you're the admin we don't deserve, but the one we desperately need

Shapok

smol man rollenspieler
Nebulae
Japan doesn't exist tf you kids talking about

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
nukes could exist in the lore without the world going into full apoclypse mode

see - seven days to the river rhine

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
nukes could exist in the lore without the world going into full apoclypse mode

see - seven days to the river rhine

nobody's going to push the button when the end result is everyone dying

it's better to rule over a crater-battered world than a poisonous, nuclear winterized world covered in bigger craters

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
i thought nuclear reactors and small-scale atom bombs existed, just not ICBMs or other large scale weapons

When we wrote 1983 we originally had it that Oppenheimer theorised that Operation Trinity (first nuclear test) would ignite the Earth's atmosphere and thus decided against developing the atom bomb. This was a real concern for the Manhatten Project. Thus WWII ended with an invasion of mainland Japan.

But honestly, 3 years later (ikr) I think its best to retcon that in favour of something else. Maybe mutual fears of MAD or perhaps Soviet anxieties over the realities of the STAR WARS project, believing any nuvlear strike would be made redundant.

We've been concerned with bigger things over the past few months, so lore intricacy is something still being ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.