Progress Update #2

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Everyone does it like. Talking on discord while playing a game I mean, I’m not gonna sit talking about irl stuff with my mates in the game chat

It’s not hard to not go into a disc call while in the city. Playing any other game and sitting in discord is fine, but it’s not going to be acceptable while you’re logged in and roaming around.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If people are doing that and then use the same discord channel to decide where to meet up etc then I genuinely don’t see what the issue is. When it comes to them being arrested/killed where they physically could not contact anyone then it’s different

use your in game phone or radio to coordinate that instead, as intended. Discord is an OOC tool, not an IC one.

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not going to be acceptable
"this will NOT be acceptable"
oNLj3nh.png

so you're not gonna let me tell my friends about how much fun im having on the nebulous cloud grand theft auto roleplay server when im in the city.

damn im not playing then

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If you don’t want anyone overhearing your conversation, there is an IC way to address that. It’s called going somewhere isolated. It’s called not leaking radio frequencies. It’s called not texting anything sensitive.

it is deliberate by design that there will always be some way to be overheard if you’re not cautious. Your phone can be searched or subpoenaed. Your radio frequency can be listened in on. Some mf could be lurking right around the corner. It is up to you to solve these issues in game, not use something OOC like Discord.

Discord groups will have their purpose, but it’s not for comms. Discord for comms = metagaming.

are u goin to become staff or is it that ur already staff

I am Supreme Overlord.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
If you don’t want anyone overhearing your conversation, there is an IC way to address that. It’s called going somewhere isolated. It’s called not leaking radio frequencies. It’s called not texting anything sensitive.

it is deliberate by design that there will always be some way to be overheard if you’re not cautious. Your phone can be searched or subpoenaed. Your radio frequency can be listened in on. Some mf could be lurking right around the corner. It is up to you to solve these issues in game, not use something OOC like Discord.

Discord groups will have their purpose, but it’s not for comms. Discord for comms = metagaming.

I am Supreme Overlord.
greetings my Supreme Overlord

dvn

Atom
Nebulae

I am Supreme Overlord.
444-4442960_get-troll-face-photo-u-mad-bro-meme.png

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
90% of the reason people meta on GTA from personal experience over the years has been to bait PK's and shit like that, especially during gang wars. Exactly the same as HL2RP honestly.

So what exactly are they gonna do when there's no PK's to bait (as they literally don't exist) and no super stupid disruptive stuff they can do without getting slapped on the spot?