Progress Update #2

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
huh i wonder what this comparison is about let me just google it-

shark-tale-point-out.gif
Long-standing argument about a dutch tradition called Sinterklaas (our version of santa effectively)
which, in roots, equals old white man comes to country on boat with 'Pieten' which were the old black and red lips stuff, come give kids presents or soot depending on good or naughty and leave.

Originally slaves obv, turned into 'Freed slaves' voluntarily working with 'Sinterklaas'.

Woke age came and logically people voiced their offense, featuring the following:

"It isn't racist at all" - Some person in denial
"All white people are racist" - Some person of colour on a news interview
"Let's make them white, black, red, pink, green and every colour on the rainbow!" - Some dumbass
"Let's just add white people to the 'Pieten'" - A reasonable person.

So yeah, we went from black slaves to freed slaves to effectively rainbow pieten and now the good all skin colour pieten.

One of the main arguments during the thing was

"Well if you don't like the tradition just don't come and live here" which is obviously a poor excuse, which Havok applied to the "Well if you don't like voice only just don't play" to show that the logic doesn't work, where in fairness, there is some form of comparison in the statement, just wildly different associations with the situation making it not work.

Reactions: List

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
VoiceRP is superior.

Instead of typing out some big ass paragraph telling some dude to put his hands up while he tells his buddies in discord to come save him, you just scream into your mic like a rabid hyena and tase the motherfucker.

D

Deleted member 3129

Long-standing argument about a dutch tradition called Sinterklaas (our version of santa effectively)
which, in roots, equals old white man comes to country on boat with 'Pieten' which were the old black and red lips stuff, come give kids presents or soot depending on good or naughty and leave.

Originally slaves obv, turned into 'Freed slaves' voluntarily working with 'Sinterklaas'.

Woke age came and logically people voiced their offense, featuring the following:

"Let's make them white, black, red, pink, green and every colour on the rainbow!" - Some dumbass

So yeah, we went from black slaves to freed slaves to effectively rainbow pieten and now the good all skin colour pieten.

"Well if you don't like the tradition just don't come and live here" which is obviously a poor excuse, which Havok applied to the "Well if you don't like voice only just don't play" to show that the logic doesn't work, where in fairness, there is some form of comparison in the statement, just wildly different associations with the situation making it not work.

Someone actually understood the post?

Yeah, just using the same flawed logic as the zwarte Piet stuff which is also in itself flawed.

Could've said "if you don't like being homeless then don't be homeless"

Same shitty ass logic lol, I'm not even against only voice, frankly I don't give a shit. It's just NPC cocksucking and the shit logic that's applied because of it that gets under the skin of my nails.

key

Nebulae

Yeah, just using the same flawed logic as the zwarte Piet stuff which is also in itself flawed.

Same shitty ass logic lol, I'm not even against only voice, frankly I don't give a shit. It's just NPC cocksucking and the shit logic that's applied because of it that gets under the skin of my nails.

incredible how we've managed to reach this point in an ongoing debate on a thread originally made for a GTA Roleplay dev diary.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
incredible how we've managed to reach this point in an ongoing debate on a thread originally made for a GTA Roleplay dev diary.
I mean I'm not going to indulge it further. Was just a funky period in what is now (mostly) history. Which turns out to be pretty local knowledge. So it pays for people to understand if they wanna

Either way seeing as I hadnt put my two cents on the matter:

This shit is looking really awesome, great to see the progress and good to hear you lot found something you (seemingly) enjoy coding. Hope it turns into what you lot wanted it to be.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

bro its a videogame server its not that deep

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
me when i think about how funny eu voices will be (especially the BR*T*SH)
laughing-556x312.jpg

me when i remember i'm NA West Coast and will have 250+ms ping

cover3.jpg

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
me when i think about how funny eu voices will be (especially the BR*T*SH)
laughing-556x312.jpg

me when i remember i'm NA West Coast and will have 250+ms ping

cover3.jpg
Fellas, I think it's time the brits take back America and start taxing tea again.

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
I hope voice only will be the end of circlejerk metagame discords, dozens of people standing idle because they’re busy in some chat platform and people stalling to alert their friends
Can’t stall if there’s no LOOC for people to bitch in.
4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
I hope voice only will be the end of circlejerk metagame discords, dozens of people standing idle because they’re busy in some chat platform and people stalling to alert their friends
people will usually make discords for things like this anyway to keep track of all the group members of a gang or smth like that but its generally more good-spirited in a server where folks have ingame phones and use voicechat anyway.