Progress Update #2

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Should we make the tax an addition to the price when you purchase like in the US or add some sanity and have it included in the price like everywhere else?

have it included, makes it easier for the brain

Reactions: List

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
You would not enjoy seeing a price of $300 and it charges you $330?
That's the best part, getting a mysterious bonus fee!

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
alex, please, d-don't....

I ALREADY HAD TO WASTE +5 HOURS ON TAX CALCULATIONS FOR STOCKS

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Can we have multiple types of VAT and different types of indirect taxes also additional taxes depending on the city you live + properties please

Also display only the base price for everything and give people the percentages of it all so they may calculate the total cost in the end

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
Can we have multiple types of VAT and different types of indirect taxes also additional taxes depending on the city you live + properties please

Also display only the base price for everything and give people the percentages of it all so they may calculate the total cost in the end

Dude. Just stop, this is so dumb. A real first world country like the US would never do something like this, it makes no sense.
5E4MrsQ.jpg

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
Adding on a percentage to what you want to buy is the best part!
It gets even more fun when you factor in state sales tax, any applicable federal sales taxes, and even sometimes sales taxes going to your local county/city depending on where you happen to be at the time. Don’t forget to add in a tip of around 15-20% if the service was good at a restaurant.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
It gets even more fun when you factor in state sales tax, any applicable federal sales taxes, and even sometimes sales taxes going to your local county/city depending on where you happen to be at the time. Don’t forget to add in a tip of around 15-20% if the service was good at a restaurant.

$2.13

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Fuck it, tax evasion will be the only option for me now
(DONT META1!!!)

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
If I’m not allowed to evade paying my taxes and fight off hordes of IRS debt collection squads, I’ll dump my box of Lipton into a river.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
If I’m not allowed to evade paying my taxes and fight off hordes of IRS debt collection squads, I’ll dump my box of Lipton into a river.
Technically player businesses can evade tax, not sure at what point a department of police will have someone who wants to investigate that stuff though

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Technically player businesses can evade tax, not sure at what point a department of police will have someone who wants to investigate that stuff though
Look no further!

Unironically though, I'd be lying if I said I wasnt atleast interested.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
My time as SD on Lemonpunch and Neb have trained me well for tax evasion

(THIS IS A JOKE PLEASE DON'T MURDER ME)

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
My time as SD on Lemonpunch and Neb have trained me well for tax evasion

(THIS IS A JOKE PLEASE DON'T MURDER ME)
just get paid 10 times the amount a normal working class citizen does and you're guaranteed to be able to avoid paying taxes as we've been taught by global politics

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Look no further!

Unironically though, I'd be lying if I said I wasnt atleast interested.
There's an unbelievable number of different dynamics for us to take into account for everything we're developing, even with bank accounts we have to allow some authority like judges to get your banking records.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
There's an unbelievable number of different dynamics for us to take into account for everything we're developing, even with bank accounts we have to allow some authority like judges to get your banking records.

what if we are paid in stock instead

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
what if we are paid in stock instead
Then technically you don’t have to pay capital gains tax on said stock until you sell it. It’s not technically income until it’s in a position that you’re able to spend the money on something.

When you get it as a stock, it’s like being paid with a material non-currency item, say food. Which isn’t taxable.