Progress Update #2

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
we won't be having text chat
you keep repeating that you won't, can you begin attaching on an explanation as to why with these repetitions

I'm not saying there is no reason, I'm just saying it hasn't been said out loud yet to my knowledge

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
you keep repeating that you won't, can you begin attaching on an explanation as to why with these repetitions
Because GTA RP is fast paced and stopping your car to respond to someone next to you is not a good experience.

There will be absolutely no chance we would expect players using voice to also read text chat.

Servers that are text only for GTA RP also use voice chat in Discord when a police chase is going for police comms which itself proves that text chat does not work.

It's not our direction, nor is it how we want the server to play.

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Because GTA RP is fast paced and stopping your car to respond to someone next to you is not a good experience.

Servers that are text only for GTA RP also use voice chat in Discord when a police chase is going for police comms which itself proves that text chat does not work.

It's not our direction, nor is it how we want the server to play.
And that there is an actual bloody explanation

10/10

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
content-man-sleeping-bed-on-260nw-197133518.png

me when someone starts complaining about voice vs text for the 4000th time

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
it's almost as though, however, this entire problem could be avoided and could enable mutes and people without mics to play actual talking characters without having to deal with this awkwardness translating to their roleplay experience, making the problem unnoticable

just roleplay a socially awkward person trying to become less awkward around strangers. roleplay yourself if it helps you get over your fear of communicating with other people.

i've never done voice chat rp, but im willing to give it a shot with nebulous, especially on GTA RP where I can basically do what I spent entire summers doing on PERP roleplay, growing weed, hustling AKs and buying expensive cars.

also, nobody who is using voice chat is going to bother reading your IC messages so you'll get excluded anyways

Reactions: List

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If I gotta keep repeating that we won't be having text chat then I will but we won't be having text chat.

what about voice to braille translation

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
If I gotta keep repeating that we won't be having text chat then I will but we won't be having text chat.

Gino :3

= science
Nebulae
I can already see/hear all of us practicing their voice acting skills to impersonate different characters throughout the game.
What you're doing here, @alex is just great! Before you know it, we'll all be professional voice actors ;)

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

I'm not saying there is no reason, I'm just saying it hasn't been said out loud yet to my knowledge
how else am i going to laugh at you in real time