Progress Update #2

Yuavara

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
There will be absolutely no chance we would expect players using voice to also read text chat.
how exactly would /me's work? maybe having them display above the player's head, similar to this?
YBWym9X.jpg

**Would take the gun out of their hip.

also can probably make this work for those in text chat

dvn

Atom
Nebulae
how exactly would /me's work? maybe having them display above the player's head, similar to this?
YBWym9X.jpg

i am under the assumption /mes will have very little use
stuff will prob rely more on script-wise actions like fighting and stealing

Reactions: List

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
YBWym9X.jpg

how does he take a gun out of his hip

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i am under the assumption /mes will have very little use
stuff will prob rely more on script-wise actions like fighting and stealing
Exactly, most of your actions will just happen and there will be no expectation to /me

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
YBWym9X.jpg

you /me taking the gun out by opening your inventory and pulling out the gun

if the guy you're about to shoot doesn't see you holding a gun, tough khaki poopoo

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
you /me taking the gun out by opening your inventory and pulling out the gun

if the guy you're about to shoot doesn't see you holding a gun, tough khaki poopoo

/me pulls out m60 from his pocket

Nebulae
Not my problem

" If I gotta keep repeating that we won't be having text chat then I will but we won't be having text chat "

This is why people have a distaste, putting it bluntly and constructively with no disrespect intended.

The community has always been text-based, and it's only right that you cater for the minority of players with disabilities in said community (which is literally 3 people right now someone said) instead of ditching them the moment you want to make something clean and fresh. Even if it means having 'no-mic' be a whitelisted thing down the line, or just a special case for them 3 because you're trying to set a mic-only precedent. You don't benefit from acting like an elitist and saying this shit to people out of spite or w/e it just comes across as all the wrong vibe to people who want to try the server in my opinion.

Expressing my opinion will probably ironically get me muted or some shit. RP should be accessible to all. I hate seeing people have to go back and forth with you and get clowned on with witty comments for trying to be included. NoPixel literally has players on their public servers playing without a microphone. They use emotes and /me's to communicate and are treated fairly as players. There's also one case on their official server who is treated respectfully, was featured on various streams and got along just fine roleplaying a mute character ( see: https://nopixel.fandom.com/wiki/James_Barnes )

Until you explicitly say that these 3 people can join and be involved, I personally won't be playing, because it's not right and I don't want to roleplay on a server managed by someone with this type of narrow minded, heavily dogmatic view on issues presented to them. I want to roleplay with my friends.

The argument " You don't have a mic haha go play on shitty rage mp gta world or x server lol " is tired, people want to stay and play here because of the relationships they've made. They shouldn't be told to essentially find a new home because nobody cares about them enough to include them. That's rough keeping in mind lots of them also donated for upkeep of the hl2rp server so others could enjoy it.

And this is coming with someone who has a mic, so I hope you actually give what I said some thought instead of disagreeing my post and repeating yourself.

next fefsa

Proton
Nebulae
If I gotta keep repeating that we won't be having text chat then I will but we won't be having text chat.

we won't be having text chat

snoooooooooooooooooooooooooze festtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

doesn't inconvenience anyone, if i play im using a mic but still

but good heavens if i have to wait a single second for someone to type "ok" then im gonna simply lose it !!

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
The community has always been text-based, and it's only right that you cater for the minority of players with disabilities in said community
Okay if you actually believed I was saying this as a response to people with a disability then I'm seriously disappointed.
You don't benefit from acting like an elitist and saying this shit to people out of spite or w/e it just comes across as all the wrong vibe to people who want to try the server in my opinion.
Okay then I invite you to be the responder to every person that continues to pester about text chat for GTA RP on this forums every single day.
Expressing my opinion will probably ironically get me muted or some shit.
Cute.
NoPixel literally has players on their public servers playing without a microphone. They use emotes and /me's to communicate and are treated fairly as players.
I'm well aware. Many people here are clearly not trying to do this but are looking for ways around having to use a microphone.
Until you explicitly say that these 3 people can join and be involved, I personally won't be playing, because it's not right and I don't want to roleplay on a server managed by someone with this type of narrow minded, heavily dogmatic view on issues presented to them. I want to roleplay with my friends.
I've not said anywhere that they cannot play, I've merely stated over and over that we're sticking to voice RP.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

As someone with a speech impediment (one of said 3 people) I've literally been offered a role as a Dispatcher using voice and @alex certainly isn't gonna stop someone playing a mute character or whatever. He's not holding a gun to my head going "YOU WILL TALK" and I think he's already confirmed that at least a "/me" command will be there.

Its got nothing to do with discriminating against those people? Its just that they don't wanna make this a TextRP thing.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
guy-yawning-stretching-studio-260nw-575234722.png

oh hey guys whats up-

" If I gotta keep repeating that we won't be having text chat then I will but we won't be having text chat "

This is why people have a distaste, putting it bluntly and constructively with no disrespect intended.

The community has always been text-based, and it's only right that you cater for the minority of players with disabilities in said community (which is literally 3 people right now someone said) instead of ditching them the moment you want to make something clean and fresh. Even if it means having 'no-mic' be a whitelisted thing down the line, or just a special case for them 3 because you're trying to set a mic-only precedent. You don't benefit from acting like an elitist and saying this shit to people out of spite or w/e it just comes across as all the wrong vibe to people who want to try the server in my opinion.

Expressing my opinion will probably ironically get me muted or some shit. RP should be accessible to all. I hate seeing people have to go back and forth with you and get clowned on with witty comments for trying to be included. NoPixel literally has players on their public servers playing without a microphone. They use emotes and /me's to communicate and are treated fairly as players. There's also one case on their official server who is treated respectfully, was featured on various streams and got along just fine roleplaying a mute character ( see: https://nopixel.fandom.com/wiki/James_Barnes )

The argument " You don't have a mic haha go play on shitty rage mp gta world or x server lol " is tired, people want to stay and play here because of the relationships they've made. They shouldn't be told to essentially find a new home because nobody cares about them enough to include them. That's rough keeping in mind lots of them also donated for upkeep of the hl2rp server so others could enjoy it.

And this is coming with someone who has a mic, so I hope you actually give what I said some thought instead of disagreeing my post and repeating yourself.

some-rest-after-a-hard-days-work-picture-id1132153758.png

next fefsa

Proton
Nebulae
Okay if you actually believed I was saying this as a response to people with a disability then I'm seriously disappointed.

Okay then I invite you to be the responder to every person that continues to pester about text chat for GTA RP on this forums every single day.

Cute.

I'm well aware. Many people here are clearly not trying to do this but are looking for ways around having to use a microphone.

I've not said anywhere that they cannot play, I've merely stated over and over that we're sticking to voice RP.

alex mate don't be a toss just put text chat on x