Progress Update #2

next fefsa

Proton
Nebulae
Whatever mate, honestly.
mate yer just being a bit of an arse at this point like tbh i don't really care about playing or not, i'm only here because my mate thood's not gonna be able to play because of your 'policy' of no text.

like you're just damaging yourself at this point, make people happy don't try and make a carbon copy of your dream

cba to keep commenting i really do not care enough

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
bro really it can't be that hard

all I see is excuses I will literally donate for your time because I value others enjoyment

we're not getting text rp

it's not happening

you get /me to rp being a mute with a notepad or something

but voice is the primary means of communicating between characters and will never change

if that is not for you, then it is not for you.

that is okay.

Reactions: List

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
take it from a guy called mute textrp and voicerp aren't compatible

doesn't matter if it's enabled, you will be ignored and for good reason 99% of the time, if you are in any sort of high-paced scenario (aka anything aside from standing still and in no immediate danger) that goes up to a 100% cause people can't divulge their attention to a tiny corner of their monitor to read a paragraph of text, and even if you aren't in danger people don't bother

textRP only works in enviornments where there is only textRP, and even then it doesnt work (see CP sweeps, GTARP cops that use discord/teamspeak, etc)

novelties like soundboards and TTS are annoying as fuck and get old quick even if done extremely well, and again they fall short in any sort of fast-paced scenario, trust me ive tried and tested all the shit you can think of

i got anxiety and can't speak over a mic, i stutter and can't form cohesive sentences a good chunk of the time, textRP alternatives exist if you want that so you're free to play those servers, if you live with other people and can't talk a lot of the time like me that's shit too but its life

again it sucks but its not possible

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
mate yer just being a bit of an arse at this point like tbh i don't really care about playing or not, i'm only here because my mate thood's not gonna be able to play because of your 'policy' of no text.

like you're just damaging yourself at this point, make people happy don't try and make a carbon copy of your dream

cba to keep commenting i really do not care enough

buy him a mic then

alex and rest of head staff knew from the start that some people will be alienated from a lack of textrp

obviously, by pushing forward they're fine with that.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
c8a4e14f021a8547e0b4e8787d0e662d.png

Problem solved? You can RP using /me if you feel like it, but the main bulk of the server will be voice based.

That's fine to me?

Nebulae
c8a4e14f021a8547e0b4e8787d0e662d.png

Problem solved? You can RP using /me if you feel like it, but the main bulk of the server will be voice based.

That's fine to me?

Sorted x

Just to clarify I didn't want to accuse Alex of being a discriminatory person or anything, it came off wrong.

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
All this because you couldn't be arsed to read what we've been posting for the past like 6 months repeating the same shit over and over
[doublepost=1639262011][/doublepost]
Just to clarify I didn't want to accuse Alex of being a discriminatory person or anything, it came off wrong.
I personally won't be playing, because it's not right and I don't want to roleplay on a server managed by someone with this type of narrow minded, heavily dogmatic view on issues presented to them
yeah im sure

next fefsa

Proton
Nebulae
All this because you couldn't be arsed to read what we've been posting for the past like 6 months repeating the same shit over and over
[doublepost=1639262011][/doublepost]

yeah im sure
you're being a knob mate drop it x

Nebulae

God save the queen this thread is 10 pages I just wanted to make sure @Thood74 and some others can play it's not that deep

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
please

just stop the presses

if the headstaff wish to not make a text chat for some unholy reason and simply force a '/me says' approach that's fine as long as they also don't attach a section saying

'/me says is banned, we will temp ban you for it and also send an asda 2 pound microphone to your house within the timeframe of a week or so'

it's fine

the problem was solved when a convenient loophole was thrown in, and the loophole is not punished

Last edited: