Progress Update #3

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
It's something we talked about before even making the phone. We have some funny ideas.
Add in phones based on those old Windows Media Player skins. I wanna take calls from my big green head.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In regard to changing phone backgrounds, if we did allow that, I'm assuming it'd be from a pre-selected list or something, right? I doubt we'd have the ability to upload our own image or something, and if so, if there was any way for anyone else to see our phone somehow, it might have to be restricted in some way for obvious abusive reasons

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
In regard to changing phone backgrounds, if we did allow that, I'm assuming it'd be from a pre-selected list or something, right? I doubt we'd have the ability to upload our own image or something, and if so, if there was any way for anyone else to see our phone somehow, it might have to be restricted in some way for obvious abusive reasons
Sounds like something we’d ban for.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sounds like something we’d ban for.
Does that mean you could upload your own phone background image and someone other than you could see it, if you do plan to go ahead with allowing for phone customisation?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Does that mean you could upload your own phone background image and someone other than you could see it, if you do plan to go ahead with allowing for phone customisation?
It’s definitely possible, it’s just a regular image background.

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what abusive reasons literally one person sees it

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It’s definitely possible, it’s just a regular image background.
I just wasn't sure how/if it'd work with me being wholly unfamiliar with the framework for GTA 5, or if the phone was purely a UI thing or if it'd be an item that enables you to access that UI, that someone else could take from you and look through.

Which, now that I think about it, could be a really cool mechanic to have for police and/or gangs. It'd also make burner phones a thing and the necessity for them when you're doing crime.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
why not add a submit background thing that can be checked by staff and denied/accepted and also has a multiple day cooldown
seems like way too much effort for something as simple and non-impactful as a phone background

easier to just make a list of whitelisted backgrounds that people can choose from, or alternatively let people choose from in-game pictures

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
seems like way too much effort for something as simple and non-impactful as a phone background

easier to just make a list of whitelisted backgrounds that people can choose from, or alternatively let people choose from in-game pictures
or that

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd like to request that this be my background

00c909e91d1eee4430e2a5cb7a681b37.png