Progress Update #3

Logan

Proton
Nebulae
We have PTSD from Lua.
Yeah, i can imagine.

C# is far more manageable, especially with bigger projects.

Although there are some limitations in FiveM for it.

It's a shame that Lua and JS are far more documented too.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah, i can imagine.

C# is far more manageable, especially with bigger projects.

Although there are some limitations in FiveM for it.

It's a shame that Lua and JS are far more documented too.
We've not really hit limitations with it, less than we would've had with Lua that's for sure.

There's enough documentation in my opinion, it's fairly easy to translate Lua documentation to C# and it usually results in better code anyway.

Logan

Proton
Nebulae
We've not really hit limitations with it, less than we would've had with Lua that's for sure.

There's enough documentation in my opinion, it's fairly easy to translate Lua documentation to C# and it usually results in better code anyway.

It's nice to hear that.

Anyways, not to spam your development progress thread - good luck!

I wish you the best.

Reactions: List

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Not sure this has been asked yet- if it has, my apologies.

Do you (@alex) think Nebulous' GTARP could be adjusted to befit different roleplay settings within the engine? I know the current direction is kind of toward a typical city/life RP de la the typical GTA itch, but I was curious if after that point would it be possible to mold the framework you've established towards different settings, environs, universes, etc. Not sure if that was the goal from the get-go or you really only have one figurative destination in mind for the project.

Pinky promise this isn't me trying to suggest a GTA HL2...

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Not sure this has been asked yet- if it has, my apologies.

Do you (@alex) think Nebulous' GTARP could be adjusted to befit different roleplay settings within the engine? I know the current direction is kind of toward a typical city/life RP de la the typical GTA itch, but I was curious if after that point would it be possible to mold the framework you've established towards different settings, environs, universes, etc. Not sure if that was the goal from the get-go or you really only have one figurative destination in mind for the project.

Pinky promise this isn't me trying to suggest a GTA HL2...
Yeah, I suppose it can be adapted in any way we want which includes RDR2 RP if we like.

We definitely would honestly never consider anything like HL2 RP in GTA V though.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah, I suppose it can be adapted in any way we want which includes RDR2 RP if we like.

We definitely would honestly never consider anything like HL2 RP in GTA V though.
would you consider fixing the eyebrow colors so the black ones are actually black

Cindy

Nebulae

Agree on the last bit, both in that it's best to try new things and I wouldn't even begin to know how to properly adapt HL2's specific RP mechanics between its factions into a medium like GTA. It's kind of made easy by the fact Gmod is just a mod off the original game, after all.

That aside, it's a cool thing to think about. I think there's a lot of potential for neat settings if the interest swung that way.

I eagerly await Matrix RP

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Agree on the last bit, both in that it's best to try new things and I wouldn't even begin to know how to properly adapt HL2's specific RP mechanics between its factions into a medium like GTA. It's kind of made easy by the fact Gmod is just a mod off the original game, after all.

That aside, it's a cool thing to think about. I think there's a lot of potential for neat settings if the interest swung that way.

I eagerly await Matrix RP
maFziqg.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
GTA5RP got me considering learning Mandarin just so I can play an old chinese man authentically, any rough ETA's on Progress Update #4?

Cindy

Nebulae

Been rewatching Westworld to catch up for Season 4 and now I have a desperate craving for Westworld RP using RDR assets explicitly because of this post.

You did this to me, Grist.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Accessibility
We want as many people as possible to play, and be comfortable doing so. We're adding a few accessibility options to try and facilitate this. Please let us know of other things that we can try and accomodate (or if our colourblind options aren't quite right; none of the development team is actually colourblind!)

this is very cool thank you

Riddler

Proton
Nebulae
Didn't know you guys were doing this, looks great already, FiveM community always looking for a suitable new city with originality to keep bringing them back. :) keep up the interesting stuff

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Didn't know you guys were doing this, looks great already, FiveM community always looking for a suitable new city with originality to keep bringing them back. :) keep up the interesting stuff
Glad you like it. We've always wanted to do City RP and GTA is the perfect platform for it.