Progress Update #4

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I feel like you're coming from this as if we're doing DarkRP and not GTA5RP.
you literally started GTARP this week
I've seen the things I've mentioned (bar pyromaniacs but perhaps I've just missed them) on NoPixel and they work extremely well.
there's been maybe one instance of a serial killer in NoPixel (before you reply to this with the obligatory nopixel list of serial killers; i'm only talking about ones of significance and ones that targeted players; not one-shot wonder local killers lmao) (there's enough other shit to deal with) and it got a bit ridiculous at points - he was executed by the state and deleted his char

in a server with no pks how do you expect a serial killer to work? "oh he killed me but i lived" and "i murdered 18 people but i'm out now"

serial killers are rare - and so they should be; theres already a million and one other things to deal with in GTARP
None of this is "a free pass to randomly attack others or destroy their property"
yes it is - there's enough for others to deal with, without you having to worry that someone's psychopath character might knife you for no reason or set your car on fire for a laugh, or plant a bomb in your mail
doesn't even have to be actual players that are the victims of any of it, where locals can stand in.
this doesn't provide any roleplay except for the one person involved

detectives don't want to waste their time chasing crimes that won't actually make any difference, they want to solve the actual cases with the evidence, gun casings, blood and chase down warrants from characters that have existed for a long time - then again, you're not the kind of person to play cop, you wouldn't understand
Serial killers and terrorists allow for a lot of detective roleplay for cops and possibly opens up opportunities for feds, which is exactly what happened on NoPixel
see above
Pyromaniacs could actually be the reason a fire brigade exists in the first place.
vehicular explosions, people trapped in places, people causing fires to damage rival gangs' cars and property, wildfires and other such rescue operations don't do enough?

for the record, there's a reason you don't see the fire service much in big servers - they don't need to be a thing

also fires tend to kill people's pcs on GTARP

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you literally started GTARP this week
Playing, I've been watching it for two years.
there's been maybe one instance of a serial killer in NoPixel (before you reply to this with the obligatory nopixel list of serial killers; i'm only talking about ones of significance and ones that targeted players; not one-shot wonder local killers lmao) (there's enough other shit to deal with) and it got a bit ridiculous at points - he was executed by the state and deleted his char

in a server with no pks how do you expect a serial killer to work? "oh he killed me but i lived" and "i murdered 18 people but i'm out now"

serial killers are rare - and so they should be; theres already a million and one other things to deal with in GTARP
hence why I asked if it would be an auth situation or something ran by admins. Both instances imply that it would be gated and controlled, so I don't know why you keep acting as if I'm suggesting it be a thing anyone can do on a whim.
yes it is - there's enough for others to deal with, without you having to worry that someone's psychopath character might knife you for no reason or set your car on fire for a laugh, or plant a bomb in your mail
see above
this doesn't provide any roleplay except for the one person involved

detectives don't want to waste their time chasing crimes that won't actually make any difference, they want to solve the actual cases with the evidence, gun casings, blood and chase down warrants from characters that have existed for a long time - then again, you're not the kind of person to play cop, you wouldn't understand
So you're telling me if a terrorist blew up the OOCly empty building across from pillbox/police headquarters/the courthouse, it wouldn't provide any roleplay to literally any of the witnesses at these usually populated locations?

As for the rest of your paragraph, why are you always so hostile? Chill out man, you're acting as me even daring to ask the question is an attack on you and Alex/any other headstaff haven't even weighed in yet.

vehicular explosions, people trapped in places, people causing fires to damage rival gangs' cars and property, wildfires and other such rescue operations don't do enough?

for the record, there's a reason you don't see the fire service much in big servers - they don't need to be a thing

also fires tend to kill people's pcs on GTARP
Guess that makes another question of; "will we have a fire brigade?"

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Playing, I've been watching it for two years.

hence why I asked if it would be an auth situation or something ran by admins. Both instances imply that it would be gated and controlled, so I don't know why you keep acting as if I'm suggesting it be a thing anyone can do on a whim.

see above

So you're telling me if a terrorist blew up the OOCly empty building across from pillbox/police headquarters/the courthouse, it wouldn't provide any roleplay to literally any of the witnesses at these usually populated locations?

As for the rest of your paragraph, why are you always so hostile? Chill out man, you're acting as me even daring to ask the question is an attack on you and Alex/any other headstaff haven't even weighed in yet.

Guess that makes another question of; "will we have a fire brigade?"
why don’t u just wait and see and not make more work for the few staff they have working on it

honestly it’s not a biggie but antagonist characters with no motivation other than to cause destruction rarely cause anything fun

nobody wants to be an extra killed by the Joker

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why don’t u just wait and see and not make more work for the few staff they have working on it

honestly it’s not a biggie but antagonist characters with no motivation other than to cause destruction rarely cause anything fun

nobody wants to be an extra killed by the Joker
I'm just asking about their intentions, bud. No harm in it, they've already answered countless questions, some a lot more stupid and some that have already been asked.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Homeless Update: Got a van, a rod and bait. Living the good life.

unknown.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
After finding a really nice place that I'd love to RP living at, I've come back with some housing related questions.
1. When it comes to housing, are only certain buildings going to be available for player housing?
2. WIll the same house building be multiple player homes, or will each be unique to a player (Bar apartment buildings)
3. Is it possible to request x building be turned into a player home/gang base or something if it isn't already one? Maybe via a forum request or an in character letting agency or something?
4. On the same point of a letting agency, how will purchasing/selling buildings work? Will it be forum based or a letting agency (i.e: something like a car dealership but instead for housing)?
5. Will all houses have garages for the owner?
6. Will keys be physical items or just meta items?
6.1. Will keys be something you can share with people, let other people stay at your house? Maybe even sub-let?
6.2. If keys are physical items, can you steal people's keys when mugging them in order to break into their homes? (Probably really extreme, but I wanna ask.)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We'll answer as many questions as we can but I feel like we're slowly slipping into the territory of threads for HL2 RP where it starts running through every scenario possibilities, outcomes, responses, etc.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
After finding a really nice place that I'd love to RP living at, I've come back with some housing related questions.
1. When it comes to housing, are only certain buildings going to be available for player housing?
2. WIll the same house building be multiple player homes, or will each be unique to a player (Bar apartment buildings)
3. Is it possible to request x building be turned into a player home/gang base or something if it isn't already one? Maybe via a forum request or an in character letting agency or something?
4. On the same point of a letting agency, how will purchasing/selling buildings work? Will it be forum based or a letting agency (i.e: something like a car dealership but instead for housing)?
5. Will all houses have garages for the owner?
6. Will keys be physical items or just meta items?
6.1. Will keys be something you can share with people, let other people stay at your house? Maybe even sub-let?
6.2. If keys are physical items, can you steal people's keys when mugging them in order to break into their homes? (Probably really extreme, but I wanna ask.)
6.7 when does it come out

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We'll answer as many questions as we can but I feel like we're slowly slipping into the territory of threads for HL2 RP where it starts running through every scenario possibilities, outcomes, responses, etc.
I mean, I get that I'm asking a lot of questions rn and if it's becoming an issue lmk because I don't want my passion for the server to become an issue. My only intention is to try and learn more and possibly provoke development that hadn't been considered yet.

I want you to know that all of this comes from a place of positivity and enthusiasm, and I'm sorry if it's overbearing. Just let me know to ease up and I'll try and wait for the appropriate thread that shows off something related to my questions before I ask.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I mean, I get that I'm asking a lot of questions rn and if it's becoming an issue lmk because I don't want my passion for the server to become an issue. My only intention is to try and learn more and possibly provoke development that hadn't been considered yet.

I want you to know that all of this comes from a place of positivity and enthusiasm, and I'm sorry if it's overbearing. Just let me know to ease up and I'll try and wait for the appropriate thread that shows off something related to my questions before I ask.
Most of what we're answering or discussing is relevant to things we've already shown off. We haven't shown off anything relating to buildings or housing yet.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Most of what we're answering or discussing is relevant to things we've already shown off. We haven't shown off anything relating to buildings or housing yet.
You did show off interiors a while back, but otherwise, I'm saying if you'd prefer I can wait until it's fully shown off but I'm only asking now in case some things haven't been considered yet. I'd rather ask now, provoke thought, and possibly stir development features that hadn't been considered, rather than wait and something come out that hasn't had those features developed or even considered yet, you get me?

Again, all from a place of enthusiasm. I just really want this to tick every box and be the best server out there tbh.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Aight I need to rant for a second and make a serious fucking suggestion because honestly I've just spent barely four days in another community and I've now completely left it because of this.

I need to know now if we're gonna ban random mugging, because honestly it seems like fucking cancer. I was a literal brand new player on that community, roleplaying as a homeless man living out of a Journey, and over barely a weekend I was mugged eight times, shot once because I couldn't get out my van fast enough, and I literally just went to park my van, only for some dickhead with a pistol to tell me to get out my van, and he drove off with it.
It's honestly extremely disheartening, and even though they had a rule against it;
Player robberies are expect to be well executed and hold role play value. Any group or individual that chain-robs (Spending their time in city consistently robbing other players) is considered a rule break under FailRP and Trolling. Players will be punished accordingly.

It didn't matter, it didn't stop anything and the admins of the community really didn't care, so I really want to know if we're gonna allow what might as well be DarkRP bullshit like constant mugging of people that literally look and say they don't have anything.
Like, I literally started actively avoiding people because of it. I was on a fucking roleplay server, and the only RP I did was by myself, honestly.

I know we're gonna be whitelisted, but even then, I don't want to just bounce from mugger to mugger as a civvie, it completely ruins the experience when it's so fucking frequent.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Aight I need to rant for a second and make a serious fucking suggestion because honestly I've just spent barely four days in another community and I've now completely left it because of this.

I need to know now if we're gonna ban random mugging, because honestly it seems like fucking cancer. I was a literal brand new player on that community, roleplaying as a homeless man living out of a Journey, and over barely a weekend I was mugged eight times, shot once because I couldn't get out my van fast enough, and I literally just went to park my van, only for some dickhead with a pistol to tell me to get out my van, and he drove off with it.
It's honestly extremely disheartening, and even though they had a rule against it;

It didn't matter, it didn't stop anything and the admins of the community really didn't care, so I really want to know if we're gonna allow what might as well be DarkRP bullshit like constant mugging of people that literally look and say they don't have anything.
Like, I literally started actively avoiding people because of it. I was on a fucking roleplay server, and the only RP I did was by myself, honestly.

I know we're gonna be whitelisted, but even then, I don't want to just bounce from mugger to mugger as a civvie, it completely ruins the experience when it's so fucking frequent.

skill issue, also timescale.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

In a hyperbolic version of America, expect muggings and the like to be regular. That being said, if this took place in the city - it sounds like the server doesn’t have enough cops.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
skill issue, also timescale.
nice meme
In a hyperbolic version of America, expect muggings and the like to be regular. That being said, if this took place in the city - it sounds like the server doesn’t have enough cops.
Aye but we lived in a setting where a super technologically advanced alien race dominated earth and had literal super soldiers, legions of cops and rebels with ridiculous tech themselves and fully/semi automatic rifles. OTA didn't wipe out every rebel faction just because they could on the server, and the rebels didn't mug every bluesuit for their tokens just because they could.

I get what you're saying, but player experience matters. I was fully enjoying myself in that community outside of that, and I'd have probably stayed there 'till Nebulous came out if it had not been for this, which is why it's important to not allow for it to happen.

As for where it occurred, my computer doesn't handle the city well, so I practically lived in sandy shores as a homeless fisherman/hunter, but even then it didn't matter, I was mugged anywhere I went. If I went to literally any place another player might go to, I was mugged if someone else was there.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
nice meme

Aye but we lived in a setting where a super technologically advanced alien race dominated earth and had literal super soldiers, legions of cops and rebels with ridiculous tech themselves and fully/semi automatic rifles. OTA didn't wipe out every rebel faction just because they could on the server, and the rebels didn't mug every bluesuit for their tokens just because they could.

I get what you're saying, but player experience matters. I was fully enjoying myself in that community outside of that, and I'd have probably stayed there 'till Nebulous came out if it had not been for this, which is why it's important to not allow for it to happen.

As for where it occurred, my computer doesn't handle the city well, so I practically lived in sandy shores as a homeless fisherman/hunter, but even then it didn't matter, I was mugged anywhere I went. If I went to literally any place another player might go to, I was mugged if someone else was there.

muggings are common in GTARP and generally aren't considered against the rules. it's America, you should be packing heat to stop a mugging

when i played gtaRP with Warwick and he got mugged, i didn't have a gun, so i got in my car and ran the mugger over from behind
ironically that was encroaching on breaking the rules because using cars to purposefully run people over is considered dodgy

IMO you gotta do what you can to survive in America, especially with how shit the rural part of los santos is

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
muggings are common in GTARP and generally aren't considered against the rules. it's America, you should be packing heat to stop a mugging
See, I tried that. Except, when there's two of them, you have to FearRP still and guess what, when they mug you, they take your gun too, and you're back at square one. Now, it's wonderful to imagine a world where I - as literally just a fisherman - can consistently waste 10k for a pistol every time I have to go anywhere near another player, but unfortunately, it isn't feasible, and it's very bad for an experience.

when i played gtaRP with Warwick and he got mugged, i didn't have a gun, so i got in my car and ran the mugger over from behind
ironically that was encroaching on breaking the rules because using cars to purposefully run people over is considered dodgy
You did break the rules of VDM there, so unless you're suggesting people break rules to prevent things like this occurring, it's not a great example.

IMO you gotta do what you can to survive in America, especially with how shit the rural part of los santos is
Again, I get "setting bad" seems like a good response, but we've been down this route already and already made decisions in the past to preserve the player experience.

I'm not saying "ban all muggings", but I am saying "ban civilian muggings". Mug a cop, sure. Mug someone you know is in another gang, why not, but when a fresh player is being constantly mugged by people that've been there a lot longer, it's really just kind of shit,

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
See, I tried that. Except, when there's two of them, you have to FearRP still and guess what, when they mug you, they take your gun too, and you're back at square one. Now, it's wonderful to imagine a world where I - as literally just a fisherman - can consistently waste 10k for a pistol every time I have to go anywhere near another player, but unfortunately, it isn't feasible, and it's very bad for an experience.

You did break the rules of VDM there, so unless you're suggesting people break rules to prevent things like this occurring, it's not a great example.

Again, I get "setting bad" seems like a good response, but we've been down this route already and already made decisions in the past to preserve the player experience.

I'm not saying "ban all muggings", but I am saying "ban civilian muggings". Mug a cop, sure. Mug someone you know is in another gang, why not, but when a fresh player is being constantly mugged by people that've been there a lot longer, it's really just kind of shit,

honestly you can just fuck the mugger about until they get bored and shoot you

that's what i did, just pretending i didn't know any of the commands and wasting their time until the police either arrive or they put me out without me giving them shit

its only 5 minutes before i get back up anyway

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
honestly you can just fuck the mugger about until they get bored and shoot you

that's what i did, just pretending i didn't know any of the commands and wasting their time until the police either arrive or they put me out without me giving them shit

its only 5 minutes before i get back up anyway
So breaking fearrp and metagaming is your solution?