Progress Update #4

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cats-toby-the-cat.gif

just ensure plausible deniability ;)
I'd rather we just have a "no mugging civilians" rule than encouraging rulebreaking and shit like that tbh

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
So breaking fearrp and metagaming is your solution?

Yep, skill issue. It's gonna happen, so why complain about issues on another server when you can't guarantee this shits gonna occur on the neb gtarp? Each server has it's own niche when it comes to mugging. Yeah it's likely gonna be straight cookie cutter bs, but chin up and crack on lol.

Better yet, why not just enforce the "NO MUGGING FOR GREED" rule we had on HL2RP.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Let's have a no speeding rule, and a no cutting in line rule while we're at it!
why are all of your replies to me just "let's take what aether said, take it to an extreme", you're practically a trope at this point

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
why are all of your replies to me just "let's take what aether said, take it to an extreme", you're practically a trope at this point

because you're whining over a non-existent problem in a community thats not launched their server yet. What happened to waiting to see the lay of the land before criticising?

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
because you're whining over a non-existent problem in a community thats not launched their server yet. What happened to waiting to see the lay of the land before criticising?
cheers

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I am literally asking if we're banning it or not, in what way am I criticising anything here? Calm down.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I am literally asking if we're banning it or not, in what way am I criticising anything here? Calm down.
Banning muggings would literally remove part of the lifeblood of low-tier crims. It's a horrendous idea and just sounds like someone whining about skill issues. You can either protect yourself with a weapon, stay in 'safer' areas that are closer to police stations, or travel with people to ensure you don't get mugged. Failing that, don't carry cash or valuables?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Banning muggings would literally remove part of the lifeblood of low-tier crims. It's a horrendous idea and just sounds like someone whining about skill issues. You can either protect yourself with a weapon, stay in 'safer' areas that are closer to police stations, or travel with people to ensure you don't get mugged. Failing that, don't carry cash or valuables?

yeah banking all your cash is viable, i did that on my char

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Banning muggings would literally remove part of the lifeblood of low-tier crims.
That's not true at all, low-tier criminals can rob houses, rob convenience stores, deal drugs, sell stolen cars, etc. There are many other options that don't involve abusing new players.
It's a horrendous idea and just sounds like someone whining about skill issues.
Cool buzzword, however having new players be constantly mugged because they can't protect themselves isn't a skill issue, it's community balancing.
You can either protect yourself with a weapon
Already explained how this isn't always true.

stay in 'safer' areas that are closer to police stations
I was at one point mugged in a repair shop down the street from a police station. You can't /911 with a gun pointed at you, it'd be breaking fearrp. As long as no one else is around, it doesn't matter where you are.

or travel with people to ensure you don't get mugged
Implies you have people to travel with. Making friends in a new community isn't easy when most people - criminals especially - are in gangs or ooc circlejerks who don't want anything to do with new people. You know all about that, if memory serves.

Failing that, don't carry cash or valuables?
yeah banking all your cash is viable, i did that on my char
I never carried cash, and only ever had essentials on me. I was a literal hobo in the cheapest van possible. I was still mugged for my fix kits, gas cans, food or drink.

You keep trying to find ways to victim blame me here warwick, but the simple truth of the matter is that people mugging for greed will do it if allowed, because why wouldn't they? Even if they have nothing to gain, and even if the mugger doesn't take anything because you don't have anything to take, it's still annoying and immersion breaking when it's a constant thing, and it also encourages players to actively avoid other people if all of their encounters are just muggings.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That's not true at all, low-tier criminals can rob houses, rob convenience stores, deal drugs, sell stolen cars, etc. There are many other options that don't involve abusing new players.

Cool buzzword, however having new players be constantly mugged because they can't protect themselves isn't a skill issue, it's community balancing.

Already explained how this isn't always true.

I was at one point mugged in a repair shop down the street from a police station. You can't /911 with a gun pointed at you, it'd be breaking fearrp. As long as no one else is around, it doesn't matter where you are.

Implies you have people to travel with. Making friends in a new community isn't easy when most people - criminals especially - are in gangs or ooc circlejerks who don't want anything to do with new people. You know all about that, if memory serves.

I never carried cash, and only ever had essentials on me. I was a literal hobo in the cheapest van possible. I was still mugged for my fix kits, gas cans, food or drink.

You keep trying to find ways to victim blame me here warwick, but the simple truth of the matter is that people mugging for greed will do it if allowed, because why wouldn't they? Even if they have nothing to gain, and even if the mugger doesn't take anything because you don't have anything to take, it's still annoying and immersion breaking when it's a constant thing, and it also encourages players to actively avoid other people if all of their encounters are just muggings.
i'm not responding to all that nonsense i have better things to do, but - if you can't deal with being mugged or having conflict in a game, might i suggest you play something where conflict isn't an option?

either way, i've told you it sounds like that the server you're playing on doesn't have enough cops or people enforcing the rules or whatever, but you don't want to hear a solution - you just want to get your way

let the server come out and then give your opinion on what happens bro

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i won't respond to something that proves i'm just being an antagonistic dick for the sake of it (but I'm still gonna respond to it anyway in a sarcastic and demeaning manner)
ftfy

either way, i've told you it sounds like that the server you're playing on doesn't have enough cops or people enforcing the rules or whatever, but you don't want to hear a solution - you just want to get your way
I mean, your way is literally just "allow it to keep happening because I want to do it and so why should I be stopped? fuck the other players experience, mine matters more and no I won't compromise and find another way when I can just abuse players"

Or the other options which are apparently just "metagame, break fearrp and use vdm to defend yourself"

let the server come out and then give your opinion on what happens bro
The point of these threads is to see progress and suggest others, yes? This has been done for the other 3 threads, why is it now I'm met with "wait until it comes out before suggesting/saying anything"

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
"allow it to keep happening because I want to do it and so why should I be stopped?
also for the record i have no intention on playing crim, i'm just not going to stifle other's fun because i have rp aim

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i too can change the words on quotes for comedic effect
I see you've ran out of things to say and have now just fully committed to shitposting. I love that over, what, eight years? You've remained the exact same even after your three year break from the community.

For the sake of my mental health, I'm done talking to you warwick, you provide no value to anything - you exist to degrade, devolve and just taint anything you have the opportunity to. At least when it comes to me, regardless of how irritating and bothersome I am, there's at least pure and good intentions behind it rather than just "make fun of someone". I hope that one day you eventually mature and change instead of remaining some persistently negative forum bully throwing half assed zingers for internet points, in all honesty.

Good luck in your future, wherever it leads you, but I'm not willing to endure you any longer so I'm probably gonna put you on mute and continue with my life going forward.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
anime monologue
you're an excellent judge of character

in all seriousness, if that's all you have to say to me, perhaps muting me is best for you mate

i hope you learn to take things less seriously in future, and that disagreements in opinion aren't an attack on your person

take it easy my brother

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
With all of that unpleasantness behind me (I'm sorry it had to come to that, btw), to remake my initial post that started all of that with a now level and cool head;

Can we please ban mugging people for greed as we have done prior in the community for the same reasons as before and as to prevent older players abusing new ones. I'm sure we'll have plenty of other ways for people to make their money when they're starting off after all.