Progress Update #4

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
With all of that unpleasantness behind me (I'm sorry it had to come to that, btw), to remake my initial post that started all of that with a now level and cool head;

Can we please ban mugging people for greed as we have done prior in the community for the same reasons as before and as to prevent older players abusing new ones. I'm sure we'll have plenty of other ways for people to make their money when they're starting off after all.
Takes a big man to apologise. Cheers for that.

Respectfully, I disagree, and think rules regarding mugging should allow for anyone to be mugged, with a limit on what can be taken, and rules to prevent chain-robberies and chain-mugging, as is the case on numerous other servers. The point of mugging is for greed or to sustain oneself, and there's no reason to ban mugging for "greed" in a hyperbolic representation of Capitalist America.

Hopefully people can pick an opinion and roll with it respectfully.

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
why do you people have to scrap on the internet like you don't even know each other, and if you do then well its a bit silly on forums.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Jeffy, step down, Me, Warwick and Aether have been around along time, this is just bants to us lol
This isn't "bants" to me. I also hate shit like that being written off as "banter". If you act that way towards me, you aren't my friend and you'll quickly become someone I don't want anything to do with, which is why I've removed warwick from my life. Yes, I've known you both a long time, but that doesn't make us friends when you really know very little about me, and believing that having seen me here for so long gives you any right to act the way that warwick has towards me isn't right and no one should have to put up with feeling repeatedly degraded by someone else for someone else's humour.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This isn't "bants" to me. I also hate shit like that being written off as "banter". If you act that way towards me, you aren't my friend and you'll quickly become someone I don't want anything to do with, which is why I've removed warwick from my life. Yes, I've known you both a long time, but that doesn't make us friends when you really know very little about me, and believing that having seen me here for so long gives you any right to act the way that warwick has towards me isn't right and no one should have to put up with feeling repeatedly degraded by someone else for someone else's humour.
genuinely don't think i've 'degraded' you at all;

i just disagreed with you

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just because you don't think you have doesn't mean that you didn't. it isn't about you when you say stuff it's about how the other person takes it, whether rightly or wrongly, you're still liable for the consequence.
disagree - being upset by something someone said doesn't entitle you to anything

i haven't insulted him, i haven't bullied him, i just gave my opinion

go back and read the posts i wrote - the worst i did was insinuate he had bad aim, or claim it was a skill issue lol

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just because you don't think you have doesn't mean that you didn't. it isn't about you when you say stuff it's about how the other person takes it, whether rightly or wrongly, you're still liable for the consequence.

being offended doesnt make you right

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
disagree - being upset by something someone said doesn't entitle you to anything

i haven't insulted him, i haven't bullied him, i just gave my opinion

go back and read the posts i wrote - the worst i did was insinuate he had bad aim, or claim it was a skill issue lol
i'm not saying anyone is right or wrong.
it's about how the other person takes it, whether rightly or wrongly
i'm just saying there's really no need to make a big hysteric show about it, should just be able to talk about something in a civil manner

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'm not saying anyone is right or wrong.

i'm just saying there's really no need to make a big hysteric show about it, should just be able to talk about something in a civil manner
i never wanted a big song and dance; once again - go and read my posts on the matter

either way this conversation has run its course and is getting off topic and out of hand

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Being repeatedly sarcastic, making slights and making the other person seem like an idiot doesn't make you right either. A simple "I think that it should be allowed, but we can agree to disagree/leave it up to headstaff" could've saved the entire argument.

However, I will admit I came in pretty hot and could've made better choices too. I'm sorry for continuing it and making it worse.

Warwick

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Being repeatedly sarcastic, making slights and making the other person seem like an idiot doesn't make you right either. A simple "I think that it should be allowed, but we can agree to disagree/leave it up to headstaff" could've saved the entire argument.
Respectfully, I disagree, and think rules regarding mugging should allow for anyone to be mugged, with a limit on what can be taken, and rules to prevent chain-robberies and chain-mugging, as is the case on numerous other servers. The point of mugging is for greed or to sustain oneself, and there's no reason to ban mugging for "greed" in a hyperbolic representation of Capitalist America.

Hopefully people can pick an opinion and roll with it respectfully.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Can we please ban mugging people for greed as we have done prior in the community for the same reasons as before and as to prevent older players abusing new ones. I'm sure we'll have plenty of other ways for people to make their money when they're starting off after all.
im not sure on it personally. for someone just starting out, a mugging could be one of your main driving factors for your first conflict. as long as banking is easily accessible from the get-go, it shouldn't be a problem

some of my best memories of gtarp servers were when I got mugged, or decided to mug someone and the resulting conflict that followed over it

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
(double post so apologies) i think it's probably the sarcasm which aether took in a way that make them somewhat offended so proceeds to kind of point that out then you both kinda start to argue and neither decide to really de-escalate idk i still see no reason why you can't just disagree and that be that.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I am literally asking if we're banning it or not, in what way am I criticising anything here? Calm down.
Mugging will not be banned, no.

A player will not be able to force you to withdraw cash from the ATM, only rob you for items and cash on your character at the time.