Progress Update #4

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
TBH this reads like "I'm just going to RDM because I'm angy", If I had my gun on my back and you shot me for that alone I'd have a ban request up in 30 seconds. Likewise, if I had a gun on you and I'm robbin' you and you suddenly whipped a gun out there'd be a problem there too.
ngl dont get the whole "fearRP stops you pulling out a gun and shooting your mugger"

I've seen like 100+ videos of people getting mugged and just quickdrawing a pistol and gunning down their attacker, its like the most common response in the US if you're armed

But there are things that you could do in character to avoid being robbed. Whenever I've gotten robbed on NP, I was alone every time. What did I do? Started staying in groups, did the buddy system. I go into the store? Someone waits outside. I started carrying a class 2 weapon around, which is a form of power projection. People are more inclined to rob people who come across as defenseless. No one gets robbed at Benny's because there's so many people coming in and out of there, going back to that staying in groups thing.
This is all well and good if you have/make friends, except I didn't manage that on that community, because every interaction I had with another player was either fleeting or them mugging me. I made multiple attempts on twitter and even in their discord, and I didn't get anything every time.

As for benny's, I was actually mugged there, and taken hostage from there. Two guys got out with guns and took me and another person there hostage.

The main driving factor for people to do anything when they're brand new is protection from muggings

Find friends, figure out if someone seems sketchy, lock your car doors, keep a gun on you. Eventually you'll build reputation and won't get mugged, or don't and become everyone's piggy bank
I tried that, I got a gun and as I said before, it was taken from me because there was more than one person. As for "find friends", read above. "figure out if someone seems sketchy", literally everyone was wearing masks in every instance of me ever encountering anyone. Everyone was sketchy. "lock your car doors" doesn't help when they've got a gun pointed at you and are telling you to get out of the car.

I'm gonna be real with all of you. You seem to come from this from the perspective of someone that's at a point where they have options, but in truth by doing this you completely forget about the people who don't have options, and that's why I'm passionate about this, because I didn't have the option's y'all are suggesting, and even when I did have some of them, it didn't matter, and it left me so completely frustrated and upset that I literally did everything I could to avoid people. My last mugging was in fucking paleto, literally as far from the city as possible. It didn't matter. Nothing you're suggesting matters. Ultimately, if it's allowed without any boundaries, it's just going to be a constant problem and there are going to be people like me who are going to give up trying, and I don't want that here and I'm honestly getting upset at the thought of having to go through it again. I just want to roleplay and have a nice time, make a character and develop it, not be constantly kicked in the fucking knees. At least on fucking HL2RP I had to be around cops, but this is just literally wherever and whenever. Have some fucking empathy for those who are starting off, and for those in the community who will be joining without a circlejerk of friends already prepared to minmax their way into being #1 gang by day 3.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I tried that, I got a gun and as I said before, it was taken from me because there was more than one person. As for "find friends", read above. "figure out if someone seems sketchy", literally everyone was wearing masks in every instance of me ever encountering anyone. Everyone was sketchy. "lock your car doors" doesn't help when they've got a gun pointed at you and are telling you to get out of the car.

I'm gonna be real with all of you. You seem to come from this from the perspective of someone that's at a point where they have options, but in truth by doing this you completely forget about the people who don't have options, and that's why I'm passionate about this, because I didn't have the option's y'all are suggesting, and even when I did have some of them, it didn't matter, and it left me so completely frustrated and upset that I literally did everything I could to avoid people. My last mugging was in fucking paleto, literally as far from the city as possible. It didn't matter. Nothing you're suggesting matters. Ultimately, if it's allowed without any boundaries, it's just going to be a constant problem and there are going to be people like me who are going to give up trying, and I don't want that here and I'm honestly getting upset at the thought of having to go through it again. I just want to roleplay and have a nice time, make a character and develop it, not be constantly kicked in the fucking knees. At least on fucking HL2RP I had to be around cops, but this is just literally wherever and whenever. Have some fucking empathy for those who are starting off, and for those in the community who will be joining without a circlejerk of friends already prepared to minmax their way into being #1 gang by day 3.
just use an atm

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is all well and good if you have/make friends, except I didn't manage that on that community, because every interaction I had with another player was either fleeting or them mugging me. I made multiple attempts on twitter and even in their discord, and I didn't get anything every time.

As for benny's, I was actually mugged there, and taken hostage from there. Two guys got out with guns and took me and another person there hostage.

Hire a bodyguard on hourly rates

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just use an atm
For the last time, it's not about the money. In all 8 muggings, I never lost my money directly. They stole items, and sometimes they didn't even steal anything because I didn't have anything worth fucking stealing.

In one instance (the hostage situation), they also took my van, rammed it into fuel pumps to damage it, when I got my freedom and took my van back, I took it to another repair place, and got mugged there again. It isn't about losing shit, it's just about the sheer fucking experience and how irritating and upsetting it is.

Hire a bodyguard on hourly rates
Again, implies the person has money to pay someone. Moreover, what homeless hobo has a fucking bodyguard?

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You can quote max's post but it doesn't mean he's right, it also completely overlooks the fact that when you're mugging someone you're trapped in an animation/menu when the person being robbed whips out the gat. It absolutely falls under fear rp/nvl, you have a gun to your head and you're having your pockets ran through, you're not valuing your own life when you whip out a gun that would be met with instant clapping.

But if you want to invoke realism in America or whatever, hobos are routinely subject to violence and abuse. Sounds like you've been getting the genuine homeless experience.

I mean....Skill issue honestly? But I'd also find it weird if someone was trying to arrange hanging out in RP via Discord, given the OOC nature of it.

I'm gonna be real with all of you. You seem to come from this from the perspective of someone that's at a point where they have options, but in truth by doing this you completely forget about the people who don't have options, and that's why I'm passionate about this, because I didn't have the option's y'all are suggesting, and even when I did have some of them, it didn't matter, and it left me so completely frustrated and upset that I literally did everything I could to avoid people.

Bro I joined NoPixel alone, I just jumped in feet first and my character had to learn lessons one step at a time. I didn't have any friends going in that bitch, I made them as I went doing odd jobs to make money or when I got taken hostage. If you're just avoiding people at this point instead of actively trying to pursue building relationships between characters, why even be on a RP server? Might as well just load up a private GTA:O instance lobby.

I just want to roleplay and have a nice time, make a character and develop it, not be constantly kicked in the fucking knees.

Aren't you playing some hobo? Hobos are like #1 target to kick in the knees. You need to learn to roll with it. I literally would just make casual convo and tell dumb jokes to people who would take me hostage and it helped kick start some wonderful relationships. I've had gangs just give me money during or after because I was just pleasant to be around. Now whenever I've gotten robbed, I have 5 gangs to call upon for help and I'm not even a hang around for their gang. I have 3 gangs competing to take me in because I just...vibe.

Have some fucking empathy for those who are starting off, and for those in the community who will be joining without a circlejerk of friends already prepared to minmax their way into being #1 gang by day 3.

I'm going into this solo, I'm just fine with taking an L.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You can quote max's post but it doesn't mean he's right, it also completely overlooks the fact that when you're mugging someone you're trapped in an animation/menu when the person being robbed whips out the gat. It absolutely falls under fear rp/nvl, you have a gun to your head and you're having your pockets ran through, you're not valuing your own life when you whip out a gun that would be met with instant clapping.

But if you want to invoke realism in America or whatever, hobos are routinely subject to violence and abuse. Sounds like you've been getting the genuine homeless experience.
"we're not doing realism, but sounds like you've had a realistic experience so don't complain"
I mean....Skill issue honestly? But I'd also find it weird if someone was trying to arrange hanging out in RP via Discord, given the OOC nature of it.
The discord had numerous IC sections, supposed to represent IC chatrooms, listings, etc.
Bro I joined NoPixel alone, I just jumped in feet first and my character had to learn lessons one step at a time. I didn't have any friends going in that bitch, I made them as I went doing odd jobs to make money or when I got taken hostage. If you're just avoiding people at this point instead of actively trying to pursue building relationships between characters, why even be on a RP server? Might as well just load up a private GTA:O instance lobby.
I tried, repeatedly. At one point, I literally sat outside of the gunstore at sandy shores (the only location I found anyone ever at) with nothing on me for two hours and despite not getting mugged I also had nothing but people practically ignoring my attempts to talk to them. I'd ask them things, and they'd say "don't know", or just ignore me. You should be saying "if people are just ignoring other people and taking every opportunity to either get something or shoot them, they might as well play gta online" instead of blaming me for doing literally the only safe option I found.
Aren't you playing some hobo? Hobos are like #1 target to kick in the knees. You need to learn to roll with it. I literally would just make casual convo and tell dumb jokes to people who would take me hostage and it helped kick start some wonderful relationships. I've had gangs just give me money during or after because I was just pleasant to be around. Now whenever I've gotten robbed, I have 5 gangs to call upon for help and I'm not even a hang around for their gang. I have 3 gangs competing to take me in because I just...vibe.
I did literally everything you just said, and I've told you my experience. Just because your experience was better, doesn't mean there aren't people who will have it worse.

I'm going into this solo, I'm just fine with taking an L.
I'm fine with situations that lead to character development, but when the only being developed is my suicidal tendencies and a bitter hatred for the game I'm playing, I'm not so fine.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I'm fine with situations that lead to character development, but when the only being developed is my suicidal tendencies and a bitter hatred for the game I'm playing, I'm not so fine.
This conversation has crossed a line and needs to end now.

I sympathise with your situation and how it's made you feel but I fundamentally disagree with it being used as any kind of reasoning for why X or Y should happen or be forbidden.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This conversation has crossed a line and needs to end now.

I sympathise with your situation and how it's made you feel but I fundamentally disagree with it being used as any kind of reasoning for why X or Y should happen or be forbidden.
Alright, I'll drop it. Sorry. I just hope nebulous will have a better experience.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
unknown.png

Nevermind, as apparently I'm now receiving hatemail, I'm gonna continue.

I want to make it clear I wasn't throwing anything around. I've struggled with depression and suicidal tendencies for a long time, in addition to anger issues. I've sought therapy over it for the past year and half, hence my attempts to change my approach to dealing with problems. It's also why it upset me so much when I was constantly being just tossed from mugging to mugging, and why I had difficulties - and eventually completely quit - HL2RP. It's not pathetic nor manipulative to say "this experience made me feel this badly and I think we should take it into account when it comes to forging our new community endeavour", and it is absolutely no way an "attempt to get what I want".

How y'all choose to interact with me is completely up to you, but I am not having this shit happen, and I'm not going to be made into the bad guy for saying how badly an experience affected me and that I think it shouldn't be allowed.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
In most cases muggings aren't very common.

NoPixel is an exception because its a very big community and gets public, mainstream attention - their public server is flooded with people who (in the words of the owner) will probably never make it to the whitelisted server.

Its one step up, on average, from a GTA:O lobby.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
unknown.png

Nevermind, as apparently I'm now receiving hatemail, I'm gonna continue.

I want to make it clear I wasn't throwing anything around. I've struggled with depression and suicidal tendencies for a long time, in addition to anger issues. I've sought therapy over it for the past year and half, hence my attempts to change my approach to dealing with problems. It's also why it upset me so much when I was constantly being just tossed from mugging to mugging, and why I had difficulties - and eventually completely quit - HL2RP. It's not pathetic nor manipulative to say "this experience made me feel this badly and I think we should take it into account when it comes to forging our new community endeavour", and it is absolutely no way an "attempt to get what I want".

How y'all choose to interact with me is completely up to you, but I am not having this shit happen, and I'm not going to be made into the bad guy for saying how badly an experience affected me and that I think it shouldn't be allowed.

i think he's completely within his right to avoid you just as much as he'd be within his right to avoid me, alex, rabid or warwick

honestly big up to him for laying it out plainly and clearly, and directly to you in a private message rather than throwing shade in a public forum

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i think he's completely within his right to avoid you just as much as he'd be within his right to avoid me, alex, rabid or warwick

honestly big up to him for laying it out plainly and clearly, and directly to you in a private message rather than throwing shade in a public forum
You can avoid anyone, yes.

Sending the DM after the conversation had been stopped, or at all, petty and pointless.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You can avoid anyone, yes.

Sending the DM after the conversation had been stopped, or at all, petty and pointless.

in truth i'd rather be told directly by someone that they don't like me so that i can mutually avoid them rather than waste my time on someone with the uncertainty of not knowing why, or even if they don't like me

yeah it's mean but i'd appreciate the honesty and forwardness of it

if demonelite was going to avoid me regardless then i'd have personally preferred he tell me so i can spare him the hassle

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
@alex could there be the possibility of a full-blown fishing business type, buying a fishing boat and sailing out into the sea to do a version of the Fishing Minigame that's more difficult and takes longer but instead gives bulk amounts of fish instead of just the one? Have that fish live in the boat's inventory, then go to the docks and then sell the fish off for big profits?

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
@alex could there be the possibility of a full-blown fishing business type, buying a fishing boat and sailing out into the sea to do a version of the Fishing Minigame that's more difficult and takes longer but instead gives bulk amounts of fish instead of just the one? Have that fish live in the boat's inventory, then go to the docks and then sell the fish off for big profits?

The virtual world of San Andreas is your oyster

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Fishing cartels robbing each other for the rare nebulae carp