Progress Update #5

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
If we do not get an overarching novella-worthy arc and story of Wayne King implemented in tedious grind mechanics and quests given to us by admins I will want my moneys back! I want fish and Wayne King!

Reactions: List

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
looks pretty fucking good.

are we going to be able to play it soon?

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
As always, looking awesome, but I got a suggestion/question with the barbers. I like that the clothing store breaks things down a bit further, but I think (or I suppose I'd like to know if it's even possible) it'd be a good idea to take it further and sub-categorise stuff in the barbers too.

By this I mean, you only have the "Options" bar with a number, right? Now, that's decent if you want to scroll through them all but let's say you're looking for something specific, e.g: a short haircut. To find it, you've gotta search through every single option unless you know the number, right? It'd be so much better for QoL if the haircuts could be further broken down into sub-categories of long, short, medium, etc based on hair length, with maybe other for stuff like bald hair or stuff that doesn't quite fit the others. Same thing with facial hair, broken down into beard vs mustache, if it's possible for you to mix and match them (though I'm not sure if that's possible, but figured I'd ask).

In a perfect world, it'd be handy if we had something like HL2RP's premium bodygroups catalogue had for both clothing and haircuts, which have us a whole ass spreadsheet with pictures and numbers of each one, so you could just look through them all at once, and then fire in whatever number you like the look of, y'know?

The UI looks super fucking sleek. From the menus to the quick action bar at the bottom of the screen. I just have a suggestion for something that could be considered for the clothing and barber shops.

This took me forever to upload with my crappy internet but I finally managed to do it. I just really wanted to show you guys what I personally think is a really awesome way to pick character customization options. WoW used to have it the way you showed in the video, by no means is it bad and it worked like that for more than a decade but I do think the UX now is a way better which I'll show in the video now.

Basically the same as it is now, you can click the arrows side to side to scroll from one to the next but a big difference is you can click on the number and it'll open a dropdown menu which you can use to quickly skip and select the option you're looking for, instead of dragging through every option.

You're being chased by the police, they lost you for a couple of seconds so you and the boys pop into the store to get a fresh fit. It'd be awesome to quickly choose what you want and not have to go through every option available.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
As always, looking awesome, but I got a suggestion/question with the barbers. I like that the clothing store breaks things down a bit further, but I think (or I suppose I'd like to know if it's even possible) it'd be a good idea to take it further and sub-categorise stuff in the barbers too.

By this I mean, you only have the "Options" bar with a number, right? Now, that's decent if you want to scroll through them all but let's say you're looking for something specific, e.g: a short haircut. To find it, you've gotta search through every single option unless you know the number, right? It'd be so much better for QoL if the haircuts could be further broken down into sub-categories of long, short, medium, etc based on hair length, with maybe other for stuff like bald hair or stuff that doesn't quite fit the others. Same thing with facial hair, broken down into beard vs mustache, if it's possible for you to mix and match them (though I'm not sure if that's possible, but figured I'd ask).

In a perfect world, it'd be handy if we had something like HL2RP's premium bodygroups catalogue had for both clothing and haircuts, which have us a whole ass spreadsheet with pictures and numbers of each one, so you could just look through them all at once, and then fire in whatever number you like the look of, y'know?
The UI looks super fucking sleek. From the menus to the quick action bar at the bottom of the screen. I just have a suggestion for something that could be considered for the clothing and barber shops.

This took me forever to upload with my crappy internet but I finally managed to do it. I just really wanted to show you guys what I personally think is a really awesome way to pick character customization options. WoW used to have it the way you showed in the video, by no means is it bad and it worked like that for more than a decade but I do think the UX now is a way better which I'll show in the video now.

Basically the same as it is now, you can click the arrows side to side to scroll from one to the next but a big difference is you can click on the number and it'll open a dropdown menu which you can use to quickly skip and select the option you're looking for, instead of dragging through every option.

You're being chased by the police, they lost you for a couple of seconds so you and the boys pop into the store to get a fresh fit. It'd be awesome to quickly choose what you want and not have to go through every option available.

The problem here is how the GTA ped components work, they're not the same for each model but they also shift in number when you add or remove custom clothing. A lot of development for these things requires literal reverse engineering of how the GTA game implements things, a lot of it is entirely unknown to modders.

The main data we can get for ped components is simply how many of a specific component (hair, mask, torso, etc.) that specific ped has available but it's not the same for female peds, nor is it the same for peds that aren't from freemode.

Even hair colours aren't just as simple as setting the colour value, they only really support preset colour IDs that GTA comes with.

You can of course just type in the number you want if you know what you’re looking for, we also have saved appearances so you can put on a previous outfit easily.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It was a hot day in los santos, you would do the same
fetchimage

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The problem here is how the GTA ped components work, they're not the same for each model but they also shift in number when you add or remove custom clothing. A lot of development for these things requires literal reverse engineering of how the GTA game implements things, a lot of it is entirely unknown to modders.

The main data we can get for ped components is simply how many of a specific component (hair, mask, torso, etc.) that specific ped has available but it's not the same for female peds, nor is it the same for peds that aren't from freemode.

Even hair colours aren't just as simple as setting the colour value, they only really support preset colour IDs that GTA comes with.

You can of course just type in the number you want if you know what you’re looking for, we also have saved appearances so you can put on a previous outfit easily.
Can you define "ped" for someone who isn't in the know? I can't really respond as I can't honestly comprehend this without that detail

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I see, and so we're limited to what is already made for each model, where essentially we're not truly customising our characters but scrolling through the options available for each model, if I'm understanding correctly?

But what about hair? Is that limited to the ped too or could my suggestion still apply?
It's pretty much the same as Garry's Mod, where you have a select list of bodygroups and the number would correlate back to a bodygroup that then is applied.

Some models in GTA 5 don't have many or any customisation at all; Example, some models may only have a couple shirt components and nothing else. The same with hair, some models only have 1 or 2 hairs, whereas others may have 10+.

The trouble also stems that we can't categorise stuff like hair etc into sub-compartments, without going through every single model and forcing sub-categories, which isn't viable tbh.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's pretty much the same as Garry's Mod, where you have a select list of bodygroups and the number would correlate back to a bodygroup that then is applied.

Some models in GTA 5 don't have many or any customisation at all; Example, some models may only have a couple shirt components and nothing else. The same with hair, some models only have 1 or 2 hairs, whereas others may have 10+.

The trouble also stems that we can't categorise stuff like hair etc into sub-compartments, without going through every single model and forcing sub-categories, which isn't viable tbh.
Yeah I can see how that isn't viable if it's like bodygroups, though with that being said it'd be handy if a bodygroup catalogue popped up one day for GTA tbh.

Also, I have to ask, in that link you sent, there's a lot of other models too outside of the multiplayer section, are they all available for GTA, or is it strictly the multiplayer ones, because it does seem like there are a lot of options at least.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah I can see how that isn't viable if it's like bodygroups, though with that being said it'd be handy if a bodygroup catalogue popped up one day for GTA tbh.
The catalogue would likely become outdated when any clothing item is added though because the IDs for them shift, it's really silly.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The catalogue would likely become outdated when any clothing item is added though because the IDs for them shift, it's really silly.
That's fair, what are our options for custom content beyond Rockstar's vanilla stuff? Is it possible to add more as we go on, or even possibly even make our own, unique custom content, exclusive to Nebulous?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
That's fair, what are our options for custom content beyond Rockstar's vanilla stuff? Is it possible to add more as we go on, or even possibly even make our own, unique custom content, exclusive to Nebulous?
Yes, we'll have custom content.