PS5 Reveal Event

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Goodbuilding_db9ded_7771460.jpg

D

Deleted member 1392

What are you guys going to do to your ps4s? Does no one else feel a bit bothered that from now on it looks like you have to keep swapping your pcs and PlayStations to keep up the pace in gaming?

I dont know, seems a bit weird for me since I dont work or anything and all the cash I get comes from my parents. Plus, I always stuck with my stuff for a few literal years. I should and will prolly get a job by the end of school anyways

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
What are you guys going to do to your ps4s? Does no one else feel a bit bothered that from now on it looks like you have to keep swapping your pcs and PlayStations to keep up the pace in gaming?

I dont know, seems a bit weird for me since I dont work or anything and all the cash I get comes from my parents. Plus, I always stuck with my stuff for a few literal years. I should and will prolly get a job by the end of school anyways
There have always been major consoles releasing every 6-7 years

D

Deleted member 1392

There have always been major consoles releasing every 6-7 years
Yeah, I know, I know. I wish the games could be transfered though, and so forth. All in all, it's really weird to see things progressing up.

Kekkuda

Neutrino
Nebulae
So this is the power of next gen consoles......gents we've set a new milestone in graphical capabilities
aYQnCXn.jpg
IMO it's nice that they showed such a wide variety of games, and a lot of people have probably already noticed it but I don't think there was a single one that was really focused on "this will b graphics in 2013" kinda stuff. There were some really beautiful indie(?) games showcased, but that really was more due to having a good sense of style rather than you know, actually taking advantage of the advancements in hardware. Showing off something like bugsnax is kind of baffling if they're trying to showcase family friendly elements of the console when they showed off plenty of other more appealing kid-friendly games like the Sackboy game. I know people really like Octodad but Bugsnax really just looks like Wii U shovelware.

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
you can fuck right of you unfunny cunt bugsnax looks fucking monumental who the actual fuck doesn't find a sandwich centipede funny mate ur actually fuckin clapped ur just sad it aint fuckin anime coloured with a fucking 1000 year old demon in a fuckin 12 year olds body ya fuckin wet wipe dribbler

`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah, I know, I know. I wish the games could be transfered though, and so forth. All in all, it's really weird to see things progressing up.
Afaik there's backwards compat with previous gen this time around so your ps4 should last a few years longer
IMO it's nice that they showed such a wide variety of games, and a lot of people have probably already noticed it but I don't think there was a single one that was really focused on "this will b graphics in 2013" kinda stuff. There were some really beautiful indie(?) games showcased, but that really was more due to having a good sense of style rather than you know, actually taking advantage of the advancements in hardware. Showing off something like bugsnax is kind of baffling if they're trying to showcase family friendly elements of the console when they showed off plenty of other more appealing kid-friendly games like the Sackboy game. I know people really like Octodad but Bugsnax really just looks like Wii U shovelware.
Hitman 3? New spiderman? Resident evil 8? Horizon? Demon's souls? The detail shown in those trailers were insane?

Just don't play the games obviously made for kids lol

Kekkuda

Neutrino
Nebulae
Hitman 3? New spiderman? Resident evil 8? Horizon? Demon's souls? The detail shown in those trailers were insane?

Just don't play the games obviously made for kids lol

I don't mean to imply that none of the games looked good, many of them looked absolutely fine. It's just that many of the trailers shown were primarily cinematic from what I recall, I am just saying that I wish we got something more akin to the recent unreal demo considering all the talk about what a massive step up the hardware is from past iterations of the console. I never said I had a problem with children's games though, just that bugsnax feels kind of out of place with the other children's games showcased. The new Arkane game looks fantastic though.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

going to keep my ps4 like i have with my other old school consoles, mainly ps2, x360, n64 and older nintendo stuff

never know when you want to use them in the future or i might just sell them when they're incredibly rare idk

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What are you guys going to do to your ps4s?

You could just Hack it, I haven't bought any of the new consoles in years, but If I do I would wait for their life cycle to end, hack it, then do whatever I want with it, all the consoles I have so far I hacked they are great, just don't go in to online hacking that's bad, but you can do a lot of fun stuff! (Just don't connect it to your real PSN account)

Wilson

Neutrino
Nebulae
yfAo4PD.png

Tbh the design of both Xbox and PS5 is tragic but I guess at the end of the day its all about performance as opposed to looks... I think.
imo PS5 has better exclusive games too which I guess is always a plus.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I kept my PS3 (never got a PS4) when I jumped to the Xbox One so I could keep playing my PS1/2 titles.