Resolved Re-add the previous iteration‘s archive 2

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
everything disappears at some point, you should have a local copy if you cherish it so much
my point was, and is, that the preconceived expectation of 'you should have saved it' doesn't work when content vanished randomly at alarming frequencies long before the board was taken down.

to quote myself, again:
some mod moved it right after the event ended
to shunt the whole thing on people as their problem is a bit bloody daft when it's not like it's been deleted and wiped from the server, it's just sitting in a part of the board we can't visit.

personally, I think it's a bit ridiculous to claim that drama would reign upon the earth when current affairs is sitting unmolested, uncensored stretching back to 2016 for even guests to see, god only knows what's floating around that section.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
my point was, and is, that the preconceived expectation of 'you should have saved it' doesn't work when content vanished randomly at alarming frequencies long before the board was taken down.

Isn't that EVEN MORE REASON to make sure you save whatever content you loved? Why are you contradicting yourself? Of course it works, hells, you just made it sound even more sensible to ensure you save the stuff you loved cause it could be gone any moment, according to your exaggeration of how fast mods are to clean boards lol

to shunt the whole thing on people as their problem is a bit bloody daft when it's not like it's been deleted and wiped from the server, it's just sitting in a part of the board we can't visit.

What does it change if it's hidden or deleted? If you still won't be able to see it, you should save whatever you love, whether deleted or hidden. It is their problem, otherwise they would not be complaining here, they didn't save it then and now they want it, and they've been told now it's too late, and only by request stuff can be fished out, and this is why we got people trying to put the blame on anyone but themselves.

personally, I think it's a bit ridiculous to claim that drama would reign upon the earth when current affairs is sitting unmolested, uncensored stretching back to 2016 for even guests to see, god only knows what's floating around that section.

I'm sorry but there's a difference- Current Affairs is a containment section for politics, religion and god knows what else, because people filled stuff with fights all over. There's a difference between two people going at each other's necks on even grounds and literal mobs of people digging stuff from a player to shit and shame them until they leave the community, not just on forums, but on private Discords, and even in game "IC" actions, which was a severe issue back in the day and some at times even attempt it now (without even having access).

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
…I still think the reasoning here is flimsy. Keeping up past CA threads presumably as a source for blackmail and humiliation but damning everything from HL2RPs past is dumb.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
…I still think the reasoning here is flimsy. Keeping up past CA threads presumably as a source for blackmail and humiliation but damning everything from HL2RPs past is dumb.

It's not damned pal you can literally ask for your stuff

Keep playing it like we're holding the damn stuff hostage lmao

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tbf you had some people coming back to the community and calling other players nonces and pedophiles over roleplay they supposedly did in 2015 without a hint of irony nor proof.

It may not be a massive deal to most people but there's still a circle of people who'll gladly throw shit around until someone "does something" with what they're shown.

I've honestly never seen a soul go after anyone who's left the community because they were right wing or racist or whatever, because most of the people being discussed are literally that way themselves in private and couldn't care less.

I have seen plenty of people gone after over their roleplay though to the point it is bandied around in private and, as said above, is just waiting for someone to 'do something' with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Tbf you had some people coming back to the community and calling other players nonces and pedophiles over roleplay they supposedly did in 2015 without a hint of irony nor proof.

woo flashbacks.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
It's not damned pal you can literally ask for your stuff

Keep playing it like we're holding the damn stuff hostage lmao
can u do me a favour and cross-reference when the rp_pripyat hl2rp clockwork event happened, check that iteration's screenshot thread (can probably find it quicker by starting around the low 300's and then jumping in sections of 25 until you pass/meet the date the event was on) and then copy/paste all the screenshots from the event

thanks in advance

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
can u do me a favour and cross-reference when the rp_pripyat hl2rp clockwork event happened, check that iteration's screenshot thread (can probably find it quicker by starting around the low 300's and then jumping in sections of 25 until you pass/meet the date the event was on) and then copy/paste all the screenshots from the event

thanks in advance

cross reference my balls with your mom's lips

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the necklace incident™

Tbf Havok came back and posted that shit in the open and rightly got roasted in-thread for it. People didn't track the guy down and throw him shit in private first about it, and I can't imagine they did it after he deleted his account and left again either.

But people have literally come back after years away just to throw accusations around and dig shit up over roleplay (happened to me at least semi-recently too, just wasn't on the forums).

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

thanks in advance

Yeah I would but I can't access it either sadly

But I believe there was more than one event in that map, do you mean the Dallas one?

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
why would yall want it back

im glad all the old stuff is gone, the nostalgia makes me feel like shit when i read through old stuff

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
i realize i could probably just DM an admin to hand me the stuff that's locked in there but that would also be one really awkward DM considering the shit i am looking for.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
ok so it wasn't here huh

I don't think proving that people will take the information off the forums to fuck with others because they no longer play here or even like Neb as a community in a literal sense is exactly the blow against my point you think it is?

There are some former members that are incredibly vile and have no morals about fucking with others in very serious ways for things they don't like. Several of them dug up shit to send to That One Anti-Neb Site back when that was around simply by surfing the forums, they have things saved from here they pull out to throw around for laughs in Discord, etc.

And even putting that aside, there was the example of what was said about Spine(?) out of absolutely nowhere not too long ago.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i realize i could probably just DM an admin to hand me the stuff that's locked in there but that would also be one really awkward DM considering the shit i am looking for.

Whatever thing you believe is cringe, we've seen tenfold

Remember that people have roleplayed fucking a sandwich. A sandwich. Anything is commonplace at this point.

E: No, I will not ask headstaff to recover those logs. At no price.

rob

Nebulae
Remember that people have roleplayed fucking a sandwich. A sandwich. Anything is commonplace at this point.
low-tier-god-burguer.gif