Resolved Re-add the previous iteration‘s archive 2

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Sorry, I woke up early today and wrote up some philosophical sounding shit to make me sound smarter.

Still, feels kinda not nice to tell people to let go of HL2RP in such a blunt way, considering it is the foundation of this entire community.

Nobody told anyone to forget about it though, I kind of get what rainbow means, just to not obsess with it

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Nobody told anyone to forget about it though, I kind of get what rainbow means, just to not obsess with it

I sincerely doubt that’s what he meant.

the sooner hl2rp is gone the better

And while I myself have moved on from trying to push for the archives to be reopened given the reason for them being made private, I don’t think the people who still want them public are obsessing at all (except for a certain few, perhaps) just for wanting to have their old memories accessible and visible.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I sincerely doubt that’s what he meant.

And while I myself have moved on from trying to push for the archives to be reopened given the reason for them being made private, I don’t think the people who still want them public are obsessing at all (except for a certain few, perhaps) just for wanting to have their old memories accessible and visible.

I mean yeah but most people who would like to see it would not go to the extents of getting aggressive over it when given a "no" as an answer and those who do get aggressive over it mostly didn't even remember them archives until this thread was posted

The reason for the former ones is that they also moved on (or asked BQ or found some other way or got their stuff out when the time was there to take it), the reason for the minority in-between the two groups is that they remember and take a chance when possible, and the reason for the latter ones is, bluntly, that in one way or another they try to overcompensate for something I personally and respectfully don't wish to bother myself with.

I'd like to see the archives, I wrote so much there, but if I ever want my stuff I'll ask and if I'm told no, well, I did have time back then to retrieve it, so that was my responsibility, not anybody else's. If the archives were to open - in full or in any of the "reduced" ways people have proposed - you would see me there, never denied that much. But what you won't see is me calling anyone a retard for something that's partly my fault.

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
Screenshot_2023-02-06_at_16-53-07_Doctor_TelVurr-Ahm.png
i miss the old iteration for one reason alone and that is the fact i never got to properly put an end to this character. i still think about it a lot some times and i imagine i will for a while longer, but besides that, letting go of it (it being hl2rp) has given me a chance do to other things and get back on track with some stuff. it seems hard at first but it really isn't once you have a day or two without it.

i can understand both sides here but i think somebody posted it earlier, stuff is bound to disappear one day, get it before it's gone, especially considering nebulous is moving away from garry's mod and doesn't want to keep stuff up about it

Cindy

Nebulae
i miss the old iteration for one reason alone and that is the fact i never got to properly put an end to this character. i still think about it a lot some times and i imagine i will for a while longer, but besides that, letting go of it (it being hl2rp) has given me a chance do to other things and get back on track with some stuff. it seems hard at first but it really isn't once you have a day or two without it.

i can understand both sides here but i think somebody posted it earlier, stuff is bound to disappear one day, get it before it's gone, especially considering nebulous is moving away from garry's mod and doesn't want to keep stuff up about it

I totally get what you’re saying, but it feels a little demeaning to describe it as though everyone who still plays it is doing it as a result of addiction (even if some definitely are)

To be clear with my original intentions, I already have everything that’s mine in the archives saved locally. I just wanted them to still be readable for the errant reader, was all.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae

yea, stuff on the internet disappears all the time. but it hasnt disappeared here, its just being locked away for no (good) reason, its not like its been deleted or anything. its literally already organised

all the "just let go" stuff on this thread is just kinda silly like sorry i wanna look at the old screenshot thread

shad

Nucleus
Nebulae

pog-u-shocked.gif

rare coherent chez moment

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
pog-u-shocked.gif

rare coherent chez moment
image0.gif

hopefully they'll be more common

unless being coherent means i need to debate with people or make a post in current affairs in which case im putting my dunce cap back on

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
can anyone grab pictures from clockwork's rp_pripyat event

Cindy

Nebulae
@alex hey any chance we could get forum thread title lengths extended

no reason in particular…

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
@alex hey any chance we could get forum thread title lengths extended

no reason in particular…
uncivilized discussion thread (formerly "le fishe aquarium (formerly “nebulous cloud waffle house (formerly “Re-add the previous iteration‘s archive 2: Don’t Lock The Thread Edition”)”)")

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
or asked BQ or found some other way or got their stuff out when the time was there to take it
did have time back then to retrieve it
I think you're forgetting that not everyone knew it was happening and people now can't grab whole threads
which is a bit baffling if you contributed to something suddenly you aren't allowed to look at it again

there are dozens of event pages that I can't ask for despite writing, assisting with or applying for
@TinPan's extirpate signup thread is lost media because some mod moved it right after the event ended, for example

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I think you're forgetting that not everyone knew it was happening

I'm sorry people expected the HL2RP archives to stay while no other archives have remained? You're making no point here, precisely because you don't know if the archive will be gone like everything disappears at some point, you should have a local copy if you cherish it so much.

Not knowing if it will happen should be reason enough for you to preemptively safeguard stuff you love, not the other way around lol. Following previous iterations it was obvious that stuff would be locked away at some point.

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm happy to announce the tier 100 reward for the HL2RP² Season 3 Battlepass will be access to the archives.