Realism in gaming

(Read my rant first pls) How much realism would you like in video games?

• No permadeath, character flashes, no re-spawn required, no real consequences.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No permadeath, re-spawn required, possible consequences from items lost.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Permadeath for that character, no respawn for character, consequences for items lost.

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Complete permadeath. No respawns at all. No new matches.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

D3NN1S

Proton
Nebulae
I'm the kind of person who really enjoys realism in games and I'm definitely looking forward in enhancements made in these type of games. In a survival game, for example, I really think once you die your 'character' you should actually just be gone then, but obviously you can get a new one and start again. I'd really be triggered that once I die I wouldn't be able to play the game again (and that game probably wouldn't sell very well, imagine hackers xD).

Realism to me also goes along with the right graphics, so I can set myself into the actual scene of the game, if that makes any sense to you. I actually like games like Arma 3 or 2, simply because of the thing I just mentioned - the game has the graphic along with the realism, if you get hit, you are most likely going to be dead or severly injured. Some mods for the game also add some really neat medial systems (which are also quite important for me in those games saying that they are so-super realistic) which encourages players to help others, and also give the hit person a chance of surviving.

I think that items in such games, once you actually have died, should then be gone along with your dead body on the floor, ready for other people to take them from you. If people like to play realistic games, I guess they have to get along with the fact that once they die, their items will not fall from heaven into their inventories again.

tl;dr: please more realistic games gaben but complete permadeath not very good idea

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Barry from Game Grumps made an awesome video on immersion and "realistic graphics/realism" in games, ai very much support and agree with what he says in said video:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like games that're realistic in the sense that characters do reasonable things and the player is given a realistic amount of options.

I also like games that can be modded to the point where you're defending a military base from car-throwing, mile-leaping and spider crawling zombies with a minigun.

@Club Ace

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
But something curious is, what if there was a game, you get one life. No load out menus, no re-spawns. You get one shot at that game. When you die, you're done. You never get to play again. How would people treat the game? Would people be scared to play just because they don't want to die once and lose their one chance. This is the biggest separation between games and reality. In games, you get other chances. Sure I mentioned in War Thunder you get one life in the realistic air battles. But nothings stopping you from just going into another match.
there's a game like what you described, though you can $$$$$$ to get another life

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
I like realistic games with mods which make it so realistic that you become deaf when you fire your gun and get in game PTSD
@MaXenzie