Realism in gaming

(Read my rant first pls) How much realism would you like in video games?

• No permadeath, character flashes, no re-spawn required, no real consequences.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No permadeath, re-spawn required, possible consequences from items lost.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Permadeath for that character, no respawn for character, consequences for items lost.

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Complete permadeath. No respawns at all. No new matches.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
I saw this trailer around a year ago, and it is never going to make it into development. Just look at the feedback, if they seriously think they are still gonna make them then they are nuts.

The game is cool and interesting on paper, but will NEVER work in practice.
It is a shame though. The concept would be interesting if it was free to play, but I just don't see anyone wanting to spend money on something potentially lasting seconds or minutes.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
they could do what dayz: the game tried to do

if you die, and get a one week cooldown, you can pay your way out of the cool down

in dayz, if you died, you could pay a micro transaction and get insta revived or something like that on another side of the map

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
It is a shame though. The concept would be interesting if it was free to play, but I just don't see anyone wanting to spend money on something potentially lasting seconds or minutes.
making it free-to-play defeats its purpose, though
what's the consequence of dying when you then can just make a new account for free again?
If that would be the case, they could just make it like DayZ and any other survival game where you just spawn without any stuff and have to start from new.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
making it free-to-play defeats its purpose, though
what's the consequence of dying when you then can just make a new account for free again?
If that would be the case, they could just make it like DayZ and any other survival game where you just spawn without any stuff and have to start from new.
Dayz would be insanely good if it weren't for the shit tier mechanics and bugs, as well as being impossible to survive solo (lose blood, caaaaan't get it back in any way).

@Bork @2stronk
4am forest PTSD flashbacks

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Dayz would be insanely good if it weren't for the shit tier mechanics and bugs, as well as being impossible to survive solo (lose blood, caaaaan't get it back in any way).
sounds like you dont know how to play the game then

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae

@Bork @2stronk
4am forest PTSD flashbacks

The player base on DayZ has also grown worse over time. It's now common place to try and help someone, and then immediately have them turn on you and try to kill you.

Reactions: List

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
sounds like you dont know how to play the game then
Sorry if I get angry when I spend 5 hours doing something to have some retard tp me somewhere into the sky, or be running around and my legs randomly snapping, or to be killed by a zombie through a wall.

Or just the continuous wait on a bunch of promises that were never delivered

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Sorry if I get angry when I spend 5 hours doing something to have some retard tp me somewhere into the sky, or be running around and my legs randomly snapping, or to be killed by a zombie through a wall.
Sounds a lot like the mod to me because that never happened to me in the standalone

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae

Or just the continuous wait on a bunch of promises that were never delivered

Playing with others can ease the pain a little. Also, there have been some new things, and zombies do tend to have wall hacks a lot less now.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
best fun I ever got out of DayZ was DayZRP

public is occasionaly fun I guess. Still one of my favourite zombie games even if it's a pile of shit

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
best fun I ever got out of DayZ was DayZRP

public is occasionaly fun I guess. Still one of my favourite zombie games even if it's a pile of shit

It may be a pile of shit, but it's a pile of shit that can be enjoyed occasionally.

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
It may be a pile of shit, but it's a pile of shit that can be enjoyed occasionally.

haven't played it since Falcon DayZRP shut down, which was sad af because it was the only non-autistic dayzrp community that I know at least

It's still a thing I love despite the glitches and what not, plus all my raifus are in the game

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
haven't played it since Falcon DayZRP shut down, which was sad af because it was the only non-autistic dayzrp community that I know at least

It's still a thing I love despite the glitches and what not, plus all my raifus are in the game

I just travel from server to server on there. I usually stick to the lower populated ones to avoid getting sniped any time I go near any place with buildings.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The 'Oldschool' community servers are great, they are whitelisted to keep out random hackers but the whitelist isn't too hard to archieve to never get into it. It's first-person only, so no more people sitting on roof tops looking over the edge with third person, only peeking to take the shot. A lot of people dislike the first person in DayZ, but I honestly love it especially when you adjust the FoV to the settings you are comfortable with. I am so used to it now, when occasionally joining third person servers I feel more comfortable using first person, but always feel regret because the enemy is gonna have a big advantage.

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
The 'Oldschool' community servers are great, they are whitelisted to keep out random hackers but the whitelist isn't too hard to archieve to never get into it. It's first-person only, so no more people sitting on roof tops looking over the edge with third person, only peeking to take the shot. A lot of people dislike the first person in DayZ, but I honestly love it especially when you adjust the FoV to the settings you are comfortable with. I am so used to it now, when occasionally joining third person servers I feel more comfortable using first person, but always feel regret because the enemy is gonna have a big advantage.

I prefer the first person as well. The only time I tend to use 3rd is if I'm walking down a road to a different place so that I can get a wider view in case of an ambush.

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
on public my first goal generally is find a mosin and remove everyone I come across

I try to avoid killing on sight unless the person is armed with the weapon in hand. However, I make exceptions quite often nowadays because of past experiences.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I prefer the first person as well. The only time I tend to use 3rd is if I'm walking down a road to a different place so that I can get a wider view in case of an ambush.
check out oldschool dayz for a good time then darling~~~~~

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I try to avoid killing on sight unless the person is armed with the weapon in hand. However, I make exceptions quite often nowadays because of past experiences.

for me everyone except freshies are targets and even then I don't trust 'em
this being unregulated public standalone mind you