Serious Resident Evil General

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
So RE2's reviews are all basically glowing across the board. The hype was lived up to.

http://**********/v/1548189220994.jpg

I haven't gotten to the beta, will there be difficulty settings in this version?
Yeah. Assisted/Normal/Hard.

Hard is the classic experience with Ink Ribbon saves and such, and all difficulties are 'adaptable' which'll raise/lower within a threshold depending on how well you are doing and will change how many bullets enemies may take to go down, etc. Also, if you do play the Demo, know that the amount of health and ammo isn't reflective of the final game at all.

Reactions: List

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
So RE2's reviews are all basically glowing across the board. The hype was lived up to.

http://**********/v/1548189220994.jpg

Yeah. Assisted/Normal/Hard.

Hard is the classic experience with Ink Ribbon saves and such, and all difficulties are 'adaptable' which'll raise/lower within a threshold depending on how well you are doing and will change how many bullets enemies may take to go down, etc. Also, if you do play the Demo, know that the amount of health and ammo isn't reflective of the final game at all.

Except I'm not 100% sure but I think IGN rated the game down to an 8.8 because of the reviewers fucking incompetence which led him to replay the same campaign twice because 'the game wasn't clear on showing him the modes he unlocked.'

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Except I'm not 100% sure but I think IGN rated the game down to an 8.8 because of the reviewers fucking incompetence which led him to replay the same campaign twice because 'the game wasn't clear on showing him the modes he unlocked.'
Yeah that happened lmao

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
never played resident evil, any of the games

tell me, is it worth getting the remake of 1 on steam? Or emulating the old games?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
never played resident evil, any of the games

tell me, is it worth getting the remake of 1 on steam? Or emulating the old games?
The REmake is by far the best introduction to the series, although the new game might trump it.

The re-release also comes with stick controls as opposed to tank controls as an option, so you can turn on a time and stuff.

That being said the remake of 2 isn't tank controls or fixed-camera angles, so its sort of a tossup. Still a fantastic game.

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
i got some free time on my hands so i'm bout to head to Morrison's or some other retailer which might be clueless and attempt to purchase the game if they're displaying it

desperate

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i got some free time on my hands so i'm bout to head to Morrison's or some other retailer which might be clueless and attempt to purchase the game if they're displaying it

desperate
I'm going to see the new Dragonball movie in a few hours and have the game set up for midnight tommorow so I think I can comfortably make it lmao

Rees

Proton
Nebulae
The one strength that digital downloads will always have is availability hehe.

Yeah, I meant to order online. I'm gonna try go morrisons to buy the game early as sometimes those retailers actually sell the game before release

Solitaire

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah, I meant to order online. I'm gonna try go morrisons to buy the game early as sometimes those retailers actually sell the game before release

This is true, back in 2010 I pre ordered Halo Reach from Tescos and got it a day early. Paid less too.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Soundtrack got uploaded - some fantastic tracks in here. Some of the more iconic ones have winks and remixes to the originals but some of them are absolutely brand new and, IMO, far better. I won't spoil the ones I know that are connected to specific fights/areas though.

Gazra

Aye.
Nebulae

Soundtrack got uploaded - some fantastic tracks in here. Some of the more iconic ones have winks and remixes to the originals but some of them are absolutely brand new and, IMO, far better. I won't spoil the ones I know that are connected to specific fights/areas though.

You keep hyping me more lol

2 DAYS

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
STOP IT

dOnT OpEn ThAT DooR

- Albert Wesker, leader of the Special Tactics and Rescue Service (1998)
it might be handy if you, the master of the unlock skill known as 'unlocking', take it with you.

- barry 'barold' burton, stars soldier​
[doublepost=1548274876][/doublepost]
so can anyone actually tell me what the deal is with resident evil

it looks like a really clunky and uncomfortable playing experience

is it really just shilled because its a cult classic or does it have genuine value to itself outside of "muh gore and spook" that was introduced in biohazard
the settings are pretty fucking based, for 1996 and for now
big sprawling mansion made to cover up secret science stuff which ends in a climactic action-like sequence on a helipad, things like that

basically it was just a good new formula to standard horror survival with puzzles and intricate storylines and that shit

tank controls are also comfy albeit terrible