s&box - Garry's Mod 2 (?)

D

Deleted member 7099

There’s nothing in there to play.

Fuck the queue system though, I wouldn’t have bothered with that.
oh i dont care about playing it i just want access to its hammer for mapping
i know alyx exists but im broke(lol)

D

Deleted member 7099

Trust me you’re better off with those actual modern tools. Someone I know worked on HL:A and has many times told me about how Source 2 is literally just CSGO source engine with some upgrades.

@Kafe likely can even tell you how the modern tools of UE or Unity are far better.
One Day i was planning on just using one of them anyway for like Actual video game creation when i got bored of source engine

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
One Day i was planning on just using one of them anyway for like Actual video game creation when i got bored of source engine
As far as I know, the current hammer 2 editor doesn’t even have raised map size limits even though the engine supports it.

Learn a real tool and then swap back to Hammer 2 further down the line if it’s something you have an actual use for.

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
And that Epic didn't force the mod tools for all UE4 games to be hidden behind their janky storefront...
I think that's only for mods that use the editor to provide the modding support? I guess it's because the license prohibits distributing the editor.

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I think that's only for mods that use the editor to provide the modding support? I guess it's because the license prohibits distributing the editor.
Modding tools for UE4 games are their own SDK entirely separate from the standard Engine download.

They use to be pretty relaxed about this with UE3, can still find some steam games (like Chivalry) that lets you open the SDK directly from your steam install. sadly they locked things down more when they released UE4, and it looks like it will be the same with the release of UE5.
Only real exception to this are the fan-made bootleg SDKs, Mordhau is a good example of that.