SCP: Secret Laboratory

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
scp_939.jpg

adding SCP 939 soon apparently

nut busting terror
I can imagine that you will be able to talk to players as well as other SCPs, other wise it wouldn't make sense....

Reactions: List

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
I can imagine that you will be able to talk to players as well as other SCPs, other wise it wouldn't make sense....

i feel like they will just add a mouse 2 prompt to play one of the voice clips that 939 makes in scp:cb, which i hope they don't, but i can see it happening.
the ability to just speak to other players sounds great tho, albeit somewhat lorebreaking.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the ability to just speak to other players sounds great tho, albeit somewhat lorebreaking.

SCP-939's primary method of luring prey is the imitation of human speech in the voices of prior victims, though imitation of other species and active nocturnal hunts have been documented. SCP-939 vocalizations often imply significant distress; whether SCP-939 understand their vocalizations or are repeating previously heard phrases is the subject of ongoing study. How SCP-939 acquire voices is not currently understood; specimens have been documented imitating victims despite never hearing the victim speak. Analysis of SCP-939 vocalizations cannot distinguish between SCP-939 and samples of known victims' voices.

THINKING

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae

they use the speech of their victims, the being that controls 939's movement and actions (themselves) would not be speaking, it would be the people the scp has actually killed.
did you actually read that document before quoting me?

Last edited:

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
they use the speech of their victims, the being that controls 939's movement and actions (themselves) would not be speaking, it would be the people the scp has actually killed.
did you actually read that document before quoting me?

i did?

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
who cares

SCP '''lore'''' is all just headcanons built upon headcanons

things can get fucked with and changed however people wanna

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
who cares

SCP '''lore'''' is all just headcanons built upon headcanons

things can get fucked with and changed however people wanna

i never said i really cared about lore, it’s just that the game is based entirely off the game and it’s extensive lore, so i wanted to clarify that them allowing the player to speak would be lorebreaking although cool

but yeah, the lore is practically entirely loose considering it’s written by loads of different people

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i like scp lore because it's just the biggest mish-mash of quality and desperate attempts to get a famous scp

'it's an alien that hates humanity and can't be killed! are you scared!???'

'it's an eeeeeeeevil computer!'

'it's a fuckin' box that kills you if you go inside!'

it's like a 50's b-movie trying to take itself as serious as possible, complete with over-the-top retarded audio logs people make in their spare time

although 90% of said logs are just crying and screeching like a bunch of banshees and calling it 'horror'

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
i like scp lore because it's just the biggest mish-mash of quality and desperate attempts to get a famous scp

it's like a 50's b-movie trying to take itself as serious as possible, complete with over-the-top retarded audio logs people make in their spare time

although 90% of said logs are just crying and screeching like a bunch of banshees and calling it 'horror'

i mean i like the fact it’s lots of people coming together to try and write concise documents regarding one overarching subject, but yeah that too

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

oh i misunderstood what you said i thought you were trying to dispute the fact that they spoke was breaking the lore of the document

sry my fren you are indeed correct

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2718

pretty exitensisal horror ngl

it's a bit long so if you want a tl;dr

Basically they manage to bring a guy back to life and he retains his memories of the after live, which is basically excruciating suffering that keeps multiplying as you feel everything that happens to your decaying body. It's pretty spooky